[REL] Maen-hol AKA Manhole (2014)

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Maen-hol AKA Manhole (2014)

Post by Night457 »   13 likes

A young girl is kidnapped by a serial killer. The serial killer uses manholes to kidnap and kill his victims. The young girl's older sister tries to save her before it's too late.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4034380/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

English subtitled trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMZlh6SUBI8

Kim Sae-ron is the deaf teen girl who is the latest abductee. There are Korean hardcoded subtitles for the scenes where the two sisters are using sign language, although the screenwriter demands that the older sister talk or cry out to her deaf sister when she is not in a position to see her face and lip-read. Oh, the rules of movie drama. And in this serial-killer-thriller, the madman stalks his running prey slowly but always catches up. Yeah, we know the movie tropes. Still, it was entertaining enough and appropriately nasty at times. The actors make up for the script cliches.

Good English-hardsubbed version here for DDLers: https://dramacool.bid/manhole-episode-1.html
(Upscaled 1280x720 on the Mp4upload server.)

However, the best-looking video version I found was an HDTV 1024x576 Chinese-hardsubbed eMule file. The hardsubs were in the black-bar letterbox portion, so I cropped them out. (The film itself is not cropped or blurred.)

Kissonline, is there any chance you have a 1080p version of this? If so, please share!

In Korean with optional corrected English subitles:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.40 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [30.1 Kb]

KSR09
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Maen-hol AKA Manhole (2014)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Ohhh thank you!!!
ghost
Site Admin

Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   10 likes

OMG that site is burning my eyes out with all the flashing ads!!! It should be congratulated for defeating both my adblockers and nearly locking up two browsers. I was able to DL the file in a few minutes anyway, thank goodness. ghost, did you get any files from this site before or is it new to you? I tried to navigate the page without adblockers and it kept locking up. Wow.

The video there is clean: it has the Korean hardsubs for the sign language, but no other hardsubtitles or TV logos. It is 720p height because it includes the letterbox black bars, but it is a big improvement on the dramacool file. After considerable pixel-peeping and playing some of it on my TV, I think it might be an improvement on my eMuled file, despite being much smaller and lower bitrate. However, I did not watch enough of it in movement to see if there was any pixelization / macroblocking due to that lower bitrate. So I am reserving my final judgment.

Specification comparison:
Spoiler:

General : Night457 1st RELease: Manhole (2014) 맨홀 Maen-hol.H264.1024x440.AAC.mkv
Format : Matroska at 2 005 kb/s
Length : 1.40 GiB for 1 h 40 min 1 s 662 ms
Video #0 : AVC
Aspect : 1024 x 440 (2.327) at 29.970 fps
Audio #0 : AAC
Infos : 2 channels, 44.1 kHz
Language : ko

General : allnet4 video: Manhole (2014) 맨홀 720p.mp4
Format : MPEG-4 at 1 251 kb/s
Length : 900 MiB for 1 h 40 min 34 s 935 ms
Video #0 : AVC at 1 120 kb/s
Aspect : 1280 x 720 (1.778) at 29.970 fps
Audio #0 : AAC at 128 kb/s
Infos : 2 channels, 44.1 kHz
Language : en [actually ko]
And some matching screencaps for pixel peepers:
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

In all my viewings of 'Manhole', the image is very DARK much of the time, because it takes place in a sewer. This version seems brighter to me, and the colors a little bit more vivid. I don't know what color grading is 'correct', but it does make it easier to see what is going on.

My corrected subtitles synced to the allnet4 video:
Manhole (2014) 맨홀 720p.zip
And what the heck, I will emule this too:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [899.80 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [30.1 Kb]

Options, options, options. I am still curious if there is a 1080p version out there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

did you get any files from this site before or is it new to you?
No, I found this this very brwowser-friendly site before while searching for another movie. There are some more Korean streaming sites, where you'll find the same file.

Search for movie titles in Korean letters, that increases your chances to find Korean movies a lot!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:No, I found this this very brwowser-friendly site
:shock: You are a very funny guy.
Search for movie titles in Korean letters, that increases your chances to find Korean movies a lot!
And Japanese, and Chinese and Russian ... Yeah, I did learn to do that and found Sae-ron TV shows on Youtube with that method. I routinely search for movies under multiple titles anyway, so why not the title in the original language, original characters? But thanks for reminding me, because I did not realize until just now that I could use Chrome Google Page Translate to translate the page of Korean search results to English, to help figure them out. I had only used it to translate the links I opened after taking my best guess on which ones to choose. Well duh.