[REL]Ballet school beginner class (Russia)

Any documentaries about children can go here.
emuler

[REL]Ballet school beginner class (Russia)

Post by emuler »   25 likes

emuler

Re: [REL]Ballet school beginner class (Russia)

Post by emuler »   3 likes

emuler

Post by emuler »   3 likes

Ouch! My old bones were creaking just watching this! :shock: :lol: :icon_old

Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

In the first video the camera was far away, :( you cannot better appreciate the movements and in the second video it seemed horrible to me, the suits looked like swimsuits from the 19th century. :cry:

I don't know why your embedded videos are too big?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Old bones yes. That kind of flexibility makes my legs hurt. I was never able to stretch anywhere close.
Sully23 wrote:the suits looked like swimsuits from the 19th century. :cry:
Hmmm, the short legs look odd on them but they are not quite that long. Look closely and you will see other reasons to appreciate those suits. (I say this with discretion.)
I don't know why your embedded videos are too big?
I had this discussion with another member about his videos at the beginning of the year. They showed up just fine in his browser. He had no idea why they did not for me, and the best that I was able to figure is that they are high-resolution videos being viewed from a larger, higher-resolution source monitor than mine, so the embedding information defaulted to a larger size. Or a simpler explanation: a 'smaller' webpage display size will show up plenty large on a large monitor, and needs to be zoomed in for the text to be readable on my tiny display. Zooming in sometimes cuts off the sides.

Just use 'CTRL - ' a few times to display the whole embedding, and then when you are done do 'CTRL + ' to go back to your normal display size.

If you are already doing your computing on a 36" 4k monitor, then my explanation is faulty.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:
Sully23 wrote:I don't know why your embedded videos are too big?
I had this discussion with another member about his videos at the beginning of the year. They showed up just fine in his browser. He had no idea why they did not for me, and the best that I was able to figure is that they are high-resolution videos being viewed from a larger, higher-resolution source monitor than mine, so the embedding information defaulted to a larger size. Or a simpler explanation: a 'smaller' webpage display size will show up plenty large on a large monitor, and needs to be zoomed in for the text to be readable on my tiny display. Zooming in sometimes cuts off the sides.
You're right - my laptop has a 1080p screen, so when I copy the embed code from YouTube I get 853, 480 for the size. I have to enter the size manually on FLM anyway, so if the admins can figure out what the size should be we could all use that instead.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

emuler wrote:if the admins can figure out what the size should be we could all use that instead.
But that would not work for all videos because of different aspect ratios. Since we all have different monitors, I don't think we necessarily want to size videos for the smallest low-resolution monitors. They can use 'CTRL - ' like I do. Mine is 1080p but it is only 10.5" !!!! (Ideally I would go for the 4k 36", but I would have trouble balancing that on my lap.)

Earlier this year there was a detailed explanation on how to embed videos. As a result, I think I successfully did so once. Even following the instructions, it seems some videos and some users will have embedding display differently. I don't think it is really a problem. Use the control keys, display full screen, follow the link to YouTube, or download it -- whatever suits the individual user. They were embiggened on my screen but I knew what to do.

I have DLd all of these and will watch them later. Thank you!
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:But that would not work for all videos because of different aspect ratios. Since we all have different monitors, I don't think we necessarily want to size videos for the smallest low-resolution monitors. They can use 'CTRL - ' like I do. Mine is 1080p but it is only 10.5" !!!! (Ideally I would go for the 4k 36", but I would have trouble balancing that on my lap.)
My view is that we could do something similar to the thumbnails we currently use for images. Use a smaller size by default, and whoever wants it bigger can go full screen. Anyway, that's above my pay grade. Let the admins decide what, if anything, needs to be done.

Glad some people are liking these. Let me know if eMule links are needed for the other videos.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

OK, I admit that your suggestion makes sense. I am not so bull-headed that I can not be convinced! I wonder just how small an embedded video can be made to be?

Personally, I can just barely manage to put videos in as a URL link. It does look nice to have the display image in the post.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Hmmm, the short legs look odd on them but they are not quite that long. Look closely and you will see other reasons to appreciate those suits. (I say this with discretion.)
You don't necessarily have to be discreet ;) , everyone knows how to figure it out.

I just didn't like those outfits, I'm more of the traditional ones.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]