[REL] Une jeune fille à la fenêtre/A Girl At The Window (2001)

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
barracute

[REL] Une jeune fille à la fenêtre/A Girl At The Window (2001)

Post by barracute »   0 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0257245/

Emprisoned by an illness, a young country girl decides to leave for Quebec City in order to study piano and discover an animated and enthralling lifestyle.

https://sensitivecontent.info/movie.php?id=34104

[Image]

Has anyone seen this, can you comment on if its any good? Can't find it anywhere online?
Night457
Global Moderator

[REQ] Une jeune fille à la fenêtre/A Girl At The Window (2001)

Post by Night457 »   42 likes

Other than the various paintings with that title, I have not heard of this. From what I read about it, there does not seem to be much child-content, dealing mainly with a young woman in her twenties. However, I found an eMule link with one source currently and am downloading it.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.16 Gb]

English subtitles here: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... fenetre-en

The above provided so that interested parties may review. I do NOT consider this a RELease. If someone reports back that this is good for FLM, then it can be a [REL]. I will report back after at least skimming through the video!

By the way, this is a >CANADA film.
Last edited by Night457 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barracute

Re: Une jeune fille à la fenêtre/A Girl At The Window (2001)

Ok thanks for that will await your report
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Une jeune fille à la fenêtre/A Girl At The Window (2001)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Nevertheless I consider this film as off-topic.

There is a short on-topic scene at the beginning, but the rest of the movie has no child content.
barracute

ok thanks and apols for not putting it in Canada to start with, bit of a brain fade there!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Bummer. I will probably end up watching it anyway. For those interested, it is 720x480 (a DVD) and has optional French closed-captions.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

What I do not understand why 3GB if the quality is very bad and even more so the first 10 minutes are interesting not even to take a clip.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

With an mpgv codec I suspect the source is an uncompressed DVD-5, which has a total capacity of 4.7GB. And yes, the image quality is NOT very good. I don't know how good the movie itself is, but I do know that I am interested in plenty of movies that are not FLM. I admit I was a little surprised how popular this file has been (16.66GB and counting) even after it was revealed that it was definitely off-topic. So perhaps there is something worthwhile to it, outside of FLM interests.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:With an mpgv codec I suspect the source is an uncompressed DVD-5, which has a total capacity of 4.7GB. And yes, the image quality is NOT very good. I don't know how good the movie itself is, but I do know that I am interested in plenty of movies that are not FLM. I admit I was a little surprised how popular this file has been (16.66GB and counting) even after it was revealed that it was definitely off-topic. So perhaps there is something worthwhile to it, outside of FLM interests.
Thanks to this source it is detected how interesting it is. https://sensitivecontent.info/movie.php?id=34104
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

It's got interlacing, some noise, low dynamic range, flat colours, some haloing, it's also a bit soft in the sharpness. Looks like a TV-rip encoded with a mjpeg encoder. There's some analogue in there somewhere. Either in the transmission or in the films master causing all the issues. Whoever ripped it doesn't know how to do basic deinterlacing.