Movie suggestions?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Nasuada

Re: Movie suggestions?

Post by Nasuada »   2 likes

I never sort my list with ages of the actress, but well, I like the smaller ones to :-)

So I will give it a try, without any guaranty that I'm totaly right with the age ;-)

1. Father XMas - Short with Dakota Fanning)
3. En liten julsaga (1999)
4. Quatsch und die Nasenbärenbande (around 3 or 4 years old)
5. What We Did on Our Holiday (one of the kids) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5T2Z9q8Bqg
6. Florida Project (6. yrs. old in the plot and must be around 6... And Brooklynn Prince play a really awesome role)
7. We bought a zoo (Maggie must be around 5 or 6.yrs in that movie... I think more 5.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krh1koDU2uE
8. Nesthäcken (German TV Series with a 6. yrs. old)
9. Lotta på Bråkmakargatan (Astrid Lindgreen / Series)
10. The Fall (Catinca Untaru must be around 5 or 6 yrs. old)
11. Im Spinnwebhaus (One of the Kids named Miechen (Emilia Pieske) in the Mainrole / german movie)
12. Usagi Drop: The Movie (2011) / 6. yrs old)
13. My kid could paint that (Documentation about a 5. yr. old girl who have a surprising success with her artwork)
14. Good Luck Charlie (Well, the series is named for the smallest one of the Family, but she's not in the total focus of that Comedy from Disney... But Mia Talerico is sooo sweet and it's interesting to see how she's growing up. Must be available on Disney+ to stream)
15. Kdopak by se vlka bál (Around 6)
16. Allons enfants AKA Cléo & Paul
17. Wrony / Crows
Last edited by Nasuada on Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

lara wrote:I can suggest ...[edited]
Thank you lara!! I am getting these too.
Night457
Global Moderator

Nasuada wrote:17. Wrony / Crows
For some of the movies in your list I had to facepalm myself, saying "Of course!" Like this one. Supposedly the little little girl was three, but I think Infinity will be quite pleased with this regardless.

I will have to check out several of these, as they are new to me. Thanks!
emuler

Post by emuler »   2 likes

Getting a film released can be a very traumatic process for a producer. There are tales of completed films sitting in the cans for years before getting a screening. A commercial theatrical release is big bucks and has to be very carefully timed so that a blockbuster film released around the same time doesn't overshadow it. Small film makers generally rely on cable and TV, and now the internet, Netflix, Prime, et al.

I don't get the age related brouhaha either. For me, the illusion matters - if an older actress is successfully able to pull off a much younger role, that's good enough for me. I prefer it to the reverse - an underage actress who looks much older.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

emuler wrote:if an older actress is successfully able to pull off a much younger role, that's good enough for me
This is one I have been wondering about:

[Image]

Siw Malmkvist on stage for TV at age 46 as Pippi Långstrump, following a successful 3-year-run of live shows. The casting of the lead role was per Astrid Lindgren's request.

Translated information on the stage show:
https://nojesvirveln-blogspot-com.trans ... pto=nui,sc
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:
emuler wrote:if an older actress is successfully able to pull off a much younger role, that's good enough for me
This is one I have been wondering about:

[Image]

Siw Malmkvist on stage for TV at age 46 as Pippi Långstrump, following a successful 3-year-run of live shows. The casting of the lead role was per Astrid Lindgren's request.

Translated information on the stage show:
https://nojesvirveln-blogspot-com.trans ... pto=nui,sc
Haha, I admire the attempt but I don't think I'm after that kind of actress ;) (What a find though, made my day!)
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Night457
Global Moderator

Pippi is supposed to be 9 years old, so that is too old for you on this particular request anyway! Inger Nilsson was 8 when she was cast for the TV series, and I thought she was fantastic.

Every time I go to svtplay.se to check out what Astrid Lindgren movies are available, this always pops up. I should be able to access it if I set my VPN to a Swedish server, but I just have not been motivated enough to get this particular item yet.
lara

Post by lara »   1 likes

Infinity wrote:... starring a 4/5-year-old lead? ... Blondes preferred, even better if the movie is vintage! :D
You could also just have a look into Czech & Slovak section. I think there are many matching movies there, for example: [REL] Lucie a zázraky (1970). Let us know if reshare is needed.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

lara wrote:
Infinity wrote:... starring a 4/5-year-old lead? ... Blondes preferred, even better if the movie is vintage! :D
You could also just have a look into Czech & Slovak section. I think there are many matching movies there, for example: [REL] Lucie a zázraky (1970). Let us know if reshare is needed.
Good idea, thank you! :)
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
yoko

Post by yoko »   0 likes

Even though the girl is "6 years and 3 days" old, you might also like [REL] Farvel, jeg hedder Kurt (1969)...