[REL] Kids Run (2021)

Nasuada

[REL] Kids Run (2021)

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Today I will request another movie from a festival who I sadly missed. There is still a info about a start in the Cinemas in June 21, but it never starting yet because of Corona. At the moment it was streamed exclusive on a german streaming portal (and I missed it again there... It's not longer listed as available).
2021-05-25_kidsrun_ffve-mail_banner.1170x497n.jpg
About the movie:
Andi’s life is a constant battle. Work on the construction site is getting to him and doesn’t bring in enough money to make ends meet. Arranging his life around his three children and their respective mothers is already hard and his often aggressive, unaccommodating behaviour doesn’t help. His rent in arrears, Andi must raise 5,000 Euros in a hurry to avoid eviction. Sonja, the mother of his youngest daughter Fiou and the woman he still loves, wants to help. She secretly uses her new lover’s savings but, when the latter finds out, he blows his top. Sonja gives Andi an ultimatum: if he fails to pay back the money within two weeks, she’ll stop him from seeing Fiou. Andi’s only chance appears to be an amateur boxing tournament with a hefty cash prize. He throws himself into training like a man possessed.
The film’s restless images and hard cuts create a picture of a cold and merciless world that feels more like a transit area than a place to live. It is a world in which destitution inevitably breeds injustice and leads to nothing but a dead end. This impression is contrasted by moments of warmth between Andi and his children whose eyes radiate unconditional love.
Source: berlinale.de

Web:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7935770/
http://www.farbfilm-verleih.de/filme/ki ... ext=cinema (distributor)
https://www.berlinale.de/en/archive-sel ... 01223.html (Berlinale)

Trailer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Kids Run (2021)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks, Nasuada!

It wil be available in December here: https://www.videociety.de/kids-run-mo42400145

This is really the only link I found. Nothing at alleskino.de :(
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Kids Run (2021)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Make sure to mark that on your calendar. I succeeded in getting a Spanish-dubbed torrent file and am working on another that is probably also Spanish-dubbed. The torrents that look like they might actually be German-language are currently DEAD, but I am leaving them loaded to see if they reappear.

ghost's future link seems to be the best option so far.

[EDIT, UPDATE: the torrents came alive! See later 1080p post.]
Last edited by Night457 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Kids Run (2021)

Post by Night457 »   20 likes

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

720p German-language streaming:

Code: Select all

https://azseries.org/movie/kids-run-2020/
https://zoechip.org/film/kids-run-2020/
I was hoping that a movie with "kids" in the title would have more screentime for the kids. Oh well.

720p German language without any sign of any subtitles anywhere:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [808.16 Mb]

ghost's future-link may very well provide a 1080p file and possibly even German captions that can be machine-translated into English subs. I look forward to it!
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Kids Run (2021)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Cool! You found it! :o :thumbsup
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Wow, that was quick...

I go over it right now and search again on "Farbfilm Verleih" and I have some good news...
1. The DVD (only) Release will be on Dec. 17. (Digital from Dec. 10.)
2. It will have German and English subs

Details can found here: http://www.farbfilm-verleih.de/filme/ki ... context=he (German)

If you interest in Press-Stuff (Interviews, Poster, Images...) you can take a look here: https://filme.kinofreund.com/f/kids-run (At the end of the Page you can download all stuff together)
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

I just go through thousands of Google results until I find something, that's all! The Spanish and Russian dub versions were easy to find ...

DVD-only? Ewwww. Digital is the way to go, then. It should be 1080p.

I am working on getting a 1080p "GERMAN.WebRip" torrent, but with only one slow-speed and mostly absent seeder it may take 2 months to finish, if at all. And I doubt it has the subtitles.

I had come across the kinofreund site, but only glanced at it to see that the movie itself was not there. What stood out the most was the 1.9 GIGABYTE, 2-minute (uncompressed) DCP-Trailer! That is larger than many whole movies I download!

I look forward to the day when we have good enough bandwidth to download full 300 gigabyte DCPs of our movies. To hell with this compressed crap.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: I was hoping that a movie with "kids" in the title would have more screentime for the kids. Oh well.
Never trust a movie title... Or... do it only sometimes but be carefully :lol:

For me it was clear that there are can't be so much scenes with the Kids, because the Trailer don't transfer the message that the Kids are the most important part.
I take now a quick look on it and yep, there are not sooooo much but you will see the Kids over and over again after some breaks. And the big girl looks pretty.
0A4B58F5-615F-48AE-A284-391B12FC825A.png
Well... I hope that the story would be good and if the scenes with the Kids are placed in a good way, all would be fine :-) Sadly I will need some time to watch it, because my list is long and it's also a question of my mood, what I will watch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I just watched it, and I also wished that the kids (especially the girl) would have more screentime. :(

Well, anyway.. not too bad.
Night457
Global Moderator

Nasuada wrote:For me it was clear that there are can't be so much scenes with the Kids, because the Trailer don't transfer the message that the Kids are the most important part.
Oh, well, there is my problem then. I almost never watch trailers before seeing a movie, because I think in general they are terrible. Either they give NO IDEA what a movie is really about, OR they give away far too much. Sometimes I watch a trailer after a movie, and frequently I see they give away the end of the movie! I don't have as much of a problem with spoilers as some folks, but they ought to have some consideration. Just a synopsis and possibly a recommendation are good enough for me to decide if I am interested in a movie.

Also, trailers are too long for me and I am always anxious that they should just finish. I can watch a 3-hour movie with no problem, but a 3-minute trailer is boring torture.
I take now a quick look on it and yep, there are not sooooo much but you will see the Kids over and over again after some breaks. And the big girl looks pretty.
Yeah, I noticed all that when I scrolled through to take screenshots!
Sadly I will need some time to watch it, because my list is long and it's also a question of my mood, what I will watch.
My problem too. I used to be so rigorous and disciplined, making sure to watch a video in its entirety before RELeasing it. Eventually it got to where I would fulfill a REQuest almost immediately after simply scrolling through a video to make sure it was complete and it worked. It is now sad how many of my own RELeases I have not yet watched. I had to laugh when ghost revealed that he had just now watched his RELease of "Nelly Rapp - Monsteragent". Ah so, I am not alone.