[REQ] Heinähattu, Vilttitossu (2017/2020)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Heinähattu, Vilttitossu (2017/2020)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

fumio2018 wrote:I hope it did not bring you too much inconvenience.
No problem at all! That only took a few minutes.

It is the Blue Screen of Death that is causing me the problems. Now I can not transfer large files from hard drive to computer, because it powers it off. I think the battery and/or entire computer is now dying. If it is, it should just get it over with and stop working entirely so I will be forced to get another.
Do you mean VPS when you say "proxy"?
VIrtual Private Server? I don't think so. I have not used a proxy, so I can't pretend I know exactly what it is, just that people sometimes use it to get around geoblocking. I think I mean this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

Apparently TOR is a proxy, so I guess you are sometimes using a proxy already.

Anyway, I agree that throwing more money at it is no solution. But have you considered moving to Finland? :D
fumio2018

Post by fumio2018 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: VIrtual Private Server? I don't think so. I have not used a proxy, so I can't pretend I know exactly what it is, just that people sometimes use it to get around geoblocking. I think I mean this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server

Apparently TOR is a proxy, so I guess you are sometimes using a proxy already.
Yeah this is a pretty general article. I mean once you have a VPS, you can deploy whatever kind of proxy you want on it (use the VPS as a proxy). Otherwise I only know about Tor and VPN. These do not require a VPS because they use pre-existing servers on the Tor network/the VPN provider's network as proxies. Am I missing something here?
Anyway, I agree that throwing more money at it is no solution. But have you considered moving to Finland? :D
I have hyperfixation, that is I tend to focus on a task intensely until it is complete. I guess I've been trying too hard for the last couple days and I need to stop. I live in some sh*tty country that doesn't have visa-free travel to Finland so that is not an option, let alone moving there. That will be a distant dream for me. Anyway thank you so much for joining the discussion and I hope you have good luck with the torrent. I'll let you know if there's any new development.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

fumio2018 wrote:Am I missing something here?
I think this is the point where I quote Lou Costello and just say
"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!"
I guess I've been trying too hard for the last couple days and I need to stop.
Being able to admit to yourself that you need to give up is a good first step. May I encourage you a little? STOP, just PLEASE STOP! It is not worth the aggravation for one damn movie! For godsakes!

There. I understand obsession, and waste lots of time on stupid shit. I hope maybe I have helped you some. At least get some sleep.
that doesn't have visa-free travel
What the hell is that?!? :D

I dunno, outside a narrow range in the EU I think that is still the norm.
That will be a distant dream for me.
This movie is not in any way FLM-material, but it is Finnish:

Toivon tuolla puolen AKA The Other Side of Hope (2017)

In it, a Syrian immigrant stows away on a coal barge to Finland. Just to give you some ideas.

[Image]