[REL] Let the Right One In (2022- ) TV series

deadman

[REL] Let the Right One In (2022- ) TV series

Post by deadman »   0 likes

The Swedish vampire drama - previously remade in the US as Let Me In starring Chloe Moretz - is getting a full series on premium channel Showtime. Apparently the basic cable network TNT was originally going to pick it up but they passed. Good news for viewers, as they would've watered down the more shocking content.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14367168/reference

Here are a few articles, the first from last year outlining the concept and the other two more recent, with updates.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/03/let-t ... 234623853/
https://collider.com/let-the-right-one- ... -showtime/
https://geektyrant.com/news/nick-stahl- ... ght-one-in

Young Eleanor (a.k.a. Eli) is played in this series by Madison Taylor Baez. DOB: Feb 24, 2011. So she'll be turning 11 in a couple of weeks. The pilot has already filmed, the series order is just getting into production now for what should be a late 2022 run. Showtime hasn't released an exact premiere date yet so early 2023 is a possibility.

[Image] [Image]

She may look innocent, but you better watch out! I wonder if they'll do a version of that scene under the bridge from both movies? Please mister ... I fell and hurt myself. Won't you help me? :twisted:

Madison is also a talented young musician who played the singer Selena as a child in last year's Netflix bio-series. You can check out her YouTube page:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MadisonBaezMusic/videos

There's another version in the early stages of development in South Korea, for an unnamed streaming platform:

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/let-the-r ... ries-korea

Not much detail available on that one yet. They haven't even started casting.
Nasuada

Re: "Let The Right One In" TV Series coming to Showtime later this year

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Sounds interesting, especially the South Korea Version. Hopefully it will be available to in Germany when it's done. But if it will be available on TNT, I'm sure that this will run on Sky in Germany and Sky is to expensive for my taste. But we will see...
[Image]
deadman

Nasuada wrote:Sounds interesting, especially the South Korea Version. Hopefully it will be available to in Germany when it's done. But if it will be available on TNT, I'm sure that this will run on Sky in Germany and Sky is to expensive for my taste. But we will see...
No, TNT passed on it. Premium movie channel Showtime is developing the series. I'm glad too. You really need an uncensored platform to do justice to this story. Don't worry - when it airs you'll be able to catch the latest episode each week by shopping at the torrent store. :D

I'm hoping the Korean version, when that gets released, is on Netflix and available worldwide. Those English subtitles are vital!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

WOW! This looks really interesting! I'm looking foward it :)

It would be cool, if it would come to Netflix. They always have subtitles in many languages.
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   1 likes

Nasuada wrote:Sounds interesting, especially the South Korea Version. Hopefully it will be available to in Germany when it's done. But if it will be available on TNT, I'm sure that this will run on Sky in Germany and Sky is to expensive for my taste. But we will see...
Agree that the South Korean one is the most interesting one. There's a more than even chance they WON'T eff this up.
The US remake of Låt den rätte komma (2008), was too glossy, overly Disney-fied, mostly because of the Barbie-casting of Moretz and Smit-McPhee, who really do look like a junior version of Ken and Barbie. I don't mean this as a compliment.

Highly likely that the same will happen to the US remake as a series. Also, there probably won't be any room for ambiguity, it will most likely be Good Guys vs Bad Guys and the Good Guys win story lines. Looking at the actress.... it doesn't give a me lot of hope. It's gonna be again a Ken and Barbie styled affair, but this time the Latino version. A severe abuse of the concept of diversity. Diversity doesn't mean: do everything Blonde Barbie does in the same but with just that Latino sauce poured over it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed the Koreans can add some of that "Squid Game" and Bong Joon-ho style and seriousness to it all, which would echo the orginal Swedish film.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
deadman

Ziggy Plock wrote:The US remake of Låt den rätte komma (2008), was too glossy, overly Disney-fied, mostly because of the Barbie-casting of Moretz and Smit-McPhee, who really do look like a junior version of Ken and Barbie. I don't mean this as a compliment.

Highly likely that the same will happen to the US remake as a series. Also, there probably won't be any room for ambiguity, it will most likely be Good Guys vs Bad Guys and the Good Guys win story lines. Looking at the actress.... it doesn't give a me lot of hope. It's gonna be again a Ken and Barbie styled affair, but this time the Latino version. A severe abuse of the concept of diversity. Diversity doesn't mean: do everything Blonde Barbie does in the same but with just that Latino sauce poured over it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed the Koreans can add some of that "Squid Game" and Bong Joon-ho style and seriousness to it all, which would echo the orginal Swedish film.
I wouldn't call the American version Disney-fied. Considering most American remakes of good European flicks are absolute garbage, Let Me In wasn't too bad. Its biggest flaw is simply being a ripoff that didn't improve on the original - I'm a big believer that if you can't do better, don't do it at all. But I won't pretend 12-year-old Chloe wasn't worth watching for. :)

The reason I was glad this series went to Showtime rather than TNT is that basic cable would follow the kind of formula you described. Whereas a premium subscription movie channel is free to be as edgy as they want. What's wrong with Madison? She's not only cute, she has serious dramatic acting skills, which is why they cast her to play a character with a very dark and violent side.

The Korean version will of course be welcome. We'll get to meet a new young star and I'm sure the story will be different. You should watch the Showtime series first though, before deciding you don't like it. The pilot hasn't even aired yet!
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

I guess Chloe's big moment came and went in Kickass, where she said "fúck" 153 times. She was pretty okay, then. But since then, what did she do? All of a sudden she became this voluptuous teen in this Barnaby whatshisface flick, "Dark Places", in which she looked 24. Sort of. I guess "Shadow in the cloud" is useful, but the rest?
Nuh-uh.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Ziggy Plock

Post by Ziggy Plock »   0 likes

deadman wrote:Considering most American remakes of good European flicks are absolute garbage, Let Me In wasn't too bad.
From the top of my head, only "Death at a Funeral (2010)" and "House of Cards" were great improvements. Someone should start a thread about this called: "Which US remakes were crap or fantastic?"

But I won't pretend 12-year-old Chloe wasn't worth watching for. :)
Just like any other non-fattie in that demographic.... :D :lol:
What's wrong with Madison?
For one thing: She's an American in an American production, which makes me wary and suspicious.
She's not only cute, she has serious dramatic acting skills
ORLY~?!? Like how? In what? And when?
You should watch the Showtime series first though, before deciding you don't like it
Well, I'm traumatized by former experience. All that "Once bitten" crap, I guess.
[Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I guess Chloe's big moment came and went in Kickass, where she said "fúck" 153 times. She was pretty okay, then. But since then, what did she do? All of a sudden she became this voluptuous teen
I did like her in Texas Killing Fields ( https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... =25&t=7852), although she was a bit older than in Kick Ass, which was just her best role (to my opinion).
deadman

Ziggy Plock wrote:
deadman wrote:She's not only cute, she has serious dramatic acting skills
ORLY~?!? Like how? In what? And when?
She played the young Selena in a Netflix series last year, which not only showed off her singing talent but gave her some dramatic and emotional scenes as well. No I didn't watch it. Relying on reviews. But given the demands of this role you'd want a kid who could go from bubbly preteen to bloodthirsty predator and be convincing, you'd need to show her self-loathing, agonizing over the things she's done but unable to just end her own life. Pretty intense stuff.
Ziggy Plock wrote:
deadman wrote:You should watch the Showtime series first though, before deciding you don't like it
Well, I'm traumatized by former experience. All that "Once bitten" crap, I guess.
If this was going to air on CW network, I'd be with you 100%. But apparently the production has consulted with author John Ajvide Lindqvist (who wrote the original book and the screenplays of both films) so despite the differences the story should be consistent in tone with the source material. And it's premium cable. They have a pretty free hand. I'm optimistic this will be good!