[REL] Hijos de la Sal (2018) [Venezuela]

Eren_256

[REL] Hijos de la Sal (2018) [Venezuela]

Post by Eren_256 »   2 likes

Hijos de la Sal (2018) Country: Venezuela

In Cumaragues, Venezuela an elderly father, Evaristo and his pubescent children, Enrique (13) and Maria (16) survive by harvesting salt from the sea. After the father dies, they live alone. Isolated from the outside world they become increasingly distanced, whilst their lust starts to blossom. Their lives get a lot harder. The brutal reality of harvesting sea salt coincides with their blossoming sexuality. Their lives of solitude drive them further apart whilst awakening lust makes itself known.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4564560/

Help find a movie, pretty interesting story, if you find a link, I would be grateful.

https://vimeo.com/51838050

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Hijos de la Sal (2018) [Venezuela]

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Eren_256 wrote:Help find a movie, pretty interesting story, if you find a link, I would be grateful.
This link plays the whole movie in my browser for free with no registration.
It has occasional short ads. In Spanish with optional English subtitles:
[EDIT: The subtitles are WAY out of sync!]
https://watch.plex.tv/movie/hijos-de-la-sal

I had to turn off my adblocker to get it to work.

As for downloading it, so far I can download the video, but not the subtitles ... and not the audio! But hey, the video download did not seem to have the ads so I am getting somewhere.
Last edited by Night457 on Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eren_256

Post by Eren_256 »   1 likes

Thank you so much for finding the movie
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

You are very welcome!

I have now spent more time trying to figure out how to download it (at least with audio if not subtitles) than it would have taken to just WATCH it in my browser! I totally failed. Even registering for a free Plex account did not help. I give up.

Hopefully anyone interested will at least be able to access the Plex site and watch it there.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   78 likes

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Hijos de la Sal (2018) [Venezuela]

I can only assume jezevex knew how to capture the audio. Thank you!
Last edited by Night457 on Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   1 likes

Yes, I used the Stream Recorder extension installed in my Google Chrome browser.
jezevex

Post by jezevex »   1 likes

Just FYI, the teaser in the original post was put on Vimeo in 2013 and was cast by other actors...

And regarding this 2017/2018 movie, I'm afraid that the actress Maria Alejandra Jimenez who played the main female character was 18+ (maybe even 20+) at the time of taking... But it's still on topic because of the age of the boy, who is certainly younger.
Night457
Global Moderator

jezevex wrote:Yes, I used the Stream Recorder extension installed in my Google Chrome browser.
Awesome! I installed and tried this, and it works great! Thanks for the tip.
Just FYI, the teaser in the original post was put on Vimeo in 2013 and was cast by other actors...
It is a good thing I never watch teasers / trailers anymore, otherwise I probably would have thought I found the wrong movie.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

Some weird news everyone ... I said that the Plex link has English subtitles, and it does, but THEY ARE COMPLETELY OUT OF SYNC!! I even let it play through straight without jumping ahead, and they were off by quite a bit very early on, and got worse as it went along.

The Stream Recorder extension for Chrome that jezevex used also has an option to extract the subtitles, and I used that to get them. But still, I was TOTALLY UNABLE to get them in sync with the downloaded video either! I can get the beginning and end in sync, but everything else is wrong. I tried syncing by frame rate, and still nothing worked. Very strange.

I am sharing the OUT OF SYNC subtitles. There is not much dialog, so maybe someone just wants to read them after watching to clear up the confusing parts. Maybe someone is REALLY clever and knows how to sync them without having to retime each line manually. I have done line-by-line resync before and it is not worth the effort.

So here are the impossibly OUT OF SYNC English subtitles:
OUT OF SYNC.Hijos de la Sal (2018).OUT OF SYNC.English.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.