[REL] Adopting Olya [Russia]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Infinity

[REL] Adopting Olya [Russia]

Post by Infinity »   10 likes

Adopting Olya - 1995
Russian law allows foreign nationals to adopt Russian orphans. But there is a catch: only children with birth defects and incurable medical conditions may be adopted. Adopting Olya is the story of one such adoption. Four-year-old Olya has lived in the Children's Home in Chelyabinsk all her life. She has been diagnosed with a vague "developmental disability." Sam and Meredith live in California, have never traveled to Russia, and know their future daughter from a video. Sam and Merideth walk into the orphanage with gifts for Olya, but soon every child in the room is playing with balloons and soap bubbles. A year later we visit Olya in her new California home, celebrating her first Independence Day.

[Image]

I have uploaded the video file to YouTube as well, in case you prefer that route.

YouTube Video:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [456.79 Mb]
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Infinity

Re: [REL] Adopting Olya

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Olya was born in 1989 so she would be in her early 30s by now, I hope she had a happy childhood in the states, from what the documentary showed it seemed like she was beginning to be happy there.

Cute kid too, her adoptive parents clearly loved her.
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Sully23

Re: [REL] Adopting Olya

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

You prevented me from making a mistake, it is very bad the Russians give away their children 'special condition' I will look for another country to adopt.
Rich_Visiting

Re: [REL] Adopting Olya [Russia]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

It's an optimistic view of the situation. Came to a 'closure' many years later with the defining case of Masha Allen.