[REL] Beneath Clouds (2002)

pillowbaker

[REL] Beneath Clouds (2002)

Post by pillowbaker »   37 likes

Beneath Clouds [Australia] dir. Ivan Sen
[Image]

Trailer (youtube)
Beneath Clouds (2002)

I am perhaps overly delighted to be able to share something here at FLM. Gleeful, it is. You'll have to excuse my excitement if it comes across as noobish, irksome behavior. :D

Beneath Clouds is an excellent, engaging coming of age tale set in a vast, harsh, and kinda gross rural area in Australia. The characters have varying degrees of Aboriginal descent, and while that influences their motives, it doesn't distract from the story. The characters are amazingly portrayed, and their story was quite resonating to me.

As the short imdb plotline states, for a very brief period of time, they experience and share moments of rare happiness. The setting and atmosphere of the film really draw you in and before you know it, you're following them on their journey and you don't want it to end.

As a COA tale of appropriately aged characters, I hope this film is a qualifiable release for the site; as far as OT goes, there is not much in the way of sensitive content. It is my hope you have a chance to watch this movie and enjoy.
  • --pillowbaker
from imdb and amazon
Lena, a light-skinned Aboriginal girl, finds herself on a journey of necessity with Vaughn, a Murri boy doing prison time; as they venture into the unknown, they discover they have more in common than they realized... And for a very short amount of time, they experience a rare true happiness together.
Screenshots from the 720p tubi version.
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

A simple 897mb dvdrip shared here is the best file I've ever been able to come across for this film. However it is free to watch at tubiTV in 720p, or at least what they claim is 720p. The image quality is better than the DVDrip, but not by a substantial amount. Perhaps someone better than I can create a webrip and extract subs.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.50 Gb] - 720p rip from tubitv.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [47.6 Kb] s- subs from tubi release.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [897.47 Mb]
SD version for those that enjoy the smaller filesize. Not ripped by me. Still sourced.

TubiTV link 720p (edit 12-17-22: tubi no longer hosting this movie at time of this edit. grab file from emule)

Dialogue is in a hard but delightful rural Australian accent. I scoured for subs for the DVDrip, but could not find anything. Subs are available at the Tubi link. That said, the rural Australia accent, along with the kiwi, is a feast for hungry ears and is such a delight to listen to. When Lena admonishes her brother, or tells their mother "lookatcha you're afuckin'disgrace", I could just listen to it on repeat!
I have seen reference that the film may be available on netflix in Australia.

A short film "Dust" by the same director was shared here
Spoiler:

File Name : Beneath.Clouds-2002-Ivan.Sen-DVDrip-XviD-English.avi
File Size : 897 Mb.
Duration : 01:23:52

[Video]
Resolution : 672x352
Codec : XviD MPEG-4 codec
FPS : 25.00
BitRate : 1304 Kbps
Quality Factor : 0.23 b/px

[Audio]
Codec : MPEG 1 or 2 Audio Layer 3 (MP3)
Number of channels : 2
Sample Rate : 48000 Hz
BitRate : 192 Kbps

ripped from DVD using SimpleDivx
note: once i figure out how to make some proper screenshots, i'll add them in. this is my first upload here and my first ever using emule. if it don't work at first, please bear with me and we'll figure this out. anyone who's reading this, is there a way for me to tell emule to prioritize bandwidth to users downloading this file? (edit: thank you Night for answering this for me. screenshots added.)
Last edited by pillowbaker on Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:33 am, edited 9 times in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Beneath Clouds (2002)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Great Release, pillowbaker! This will be mine. Thank you!

Any movie that features children up to and including the age of 16 is appropriate for FLM. I am not a birthday investigator but they look young enough to me. "Sensitive content" is favored by many and surely appreciated, but is NOT at all necessary.
pillowbaker wrote:note: once i figure out how to make some proper screenshots, i'll add them in.
Play the video in VLC and click on the camera icon to take snapshots. It helps to pause the video first to get the exact image you want. The Save folder can be changed in Tools/Preferences/Video/Directory. Click the "Add image to post (hosted at postimages.org)" at the bottom of your post editing window to upload the images. You can reposition them somewhat by editing the post.

Congratulations, you did a great job! It is zipping along nicely for me.
anyone who's reading this, is there a way for me to tell emule to prioritize bandwidth to users downloading this file?
Go to your Shared tab in your eMule client and find this file. Right-click on it and change "Priority (Upload)" to "Release." That will prioritize this file over files that have different priorities. I have my own Releases set to Release and everything else set to Auto. I don't know if this actually does any good, but it is what I was told to do!

I suspect that I will not be able to get the Tubi subtitles but I will look into it. Someone else might manage it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Thanks again pillowbaker, I got your eMule file!

I was wrong about the TubiTV subtitles, I was able to get them easily using this:
https://downsub.com/sites/tubitv

They can also be extracted using the --all-subs Option in youtube-dl

Here they are resynced for pillowbaker's DVDrip in both English SDH and standard English SRTs:
Beneath Clouds EN & EN-SDH.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thank you also, Night. The skillful and prolific sharing here by yourself and many others like ghost, emuler, Rich, loverboy, everyone, is what inspires and compels me to share. Posting the subs should assist most members that would otherwise struggle with the lush accent. There were even a few words that glossed over me. I'm gonna have to figure out how you resynced them so speedily.

Hope this movie make someone out there feel the same way I did. If it doesn't, no worries, I got more planned! :D
Night457
Global Moderator

pillowbaker wrote:I'm gonna have to figure out how you resynced them so speedily.
Short answer: Subtitle Edit, the most amazing tool ever.
https://nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit/

I can't live without it, and it is 〞Recommended by ghost 〟
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   36 likes

Upgraded version, finally, from the tubi link. File is in 720p, and it does look fairly decent. Files downloaded using yt-dl, subs extracted using downsub.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.50 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [47.6 Kb]

I realize I left the subs in SDH format. I'll get them in standard format tomorrow, along with proper screenshots.

edit: meant to say proper screenshots, not proper subtitles. no offense intended to sdh subs.
edit again: screenshots added
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

These kids broke my heart. They act tough and sometimes indifferent, but they are actually brittle on the outside and sensitive within.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thanks Night. :D Thanks for the earlier guide with SubtitleEdit!!

I finally remembered to take care of the subs. Non-SDH subs for those interested.

And now to test out SubtitleEdit with an actual DVD this time for my next release!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   2 likes

Rajkumar wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:00 pm Where i watch or download this movie
It appears this film's time on tubitv has expired, so it isn't there anymore. However, I am still sourcing the film on emule.

Rajkumar, have you tried installing eMule yet? I am sure you're used to seeing our links to the program and step-by-step guide. I suggest you give it a try, if possible. It's pretty easy, and if you get it working, it may yield many excellent movies.

The only other option I've seen is this torrent link:
https://solidtorrents.to/torrents/benea ... 01eaad45c/

It says it has 2 seeders. But I haven't downloaded it to verify. Enjoy!
relic

Post by relic »   0 likes

Verified. Finished in 10 minutes. Night's subs need a bit of timing.
Thank you both. Relic