nodes.dat address to connect on KAD?

Having a problem or need a question answered? Request any form of help here, technical or non-technical.
bond

nodes.dat address to connect on KAD?

Post by bond »   0 likes

HI,

Please, someone have a address to put on nodes.dat from URL working for KAD?

Im trying to download a file and do not work only with ed2k server connected.

The movie is Non Castus (2016) short movie and it is on off topic verified topic. If somebody have the file to share another way i will be thankfull.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: nodes.dat address to connect on KAD?

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

bond wrote:Please, someone have a address to put on nodes.dat from URL working for KAD?

Im trying to download a file and do not work only with ed2k server connected.
You can get a live nodes.dat here:
http://www.nodes-dat.com/
It has brief instructions in English and German on how to use nodes.dat in eMule.

The following page explains KAD in German. I opened it in Chrome and used the Chrome page translate to read it in my language (English):
http://www.nodes-dat.de/

There is quite a bit of information there, but one part (translated to English) says:
If you have already successfully connected via Kademlia, the contacts found are saved in the nodes.dat in the eMule config folder and automatically reloaded the next time you connect. If necessary, you could get contact addresses in your mule by inserting an external nodes.dat , but this is made more difficult because the contacts contained lose their validity at some point.
In other words, the more you use eMule the more KAD contacts you will have. And of course, for both ed2k and KAD, you will have to have eMule running when whoever is sharing the file you want is also online. Some people are online all the time, but some people come and go.
bond

Re: nodes.dat address to connect on KAD?

Post by bond »   0 likes

Now i understand better

thank you

i will wait for others, trying to connect on kademilla