How to forward ports to the local IP of my laptop?

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Ziggy Plock

How to forward ports to the local IP of my laptop?

Post by Ziggy Plock »   1 likes

I've tried port forwarding in order to get HighID with limited success

At my house, i followed all the steps for my router (a ZTE model H369A) at the port forward site and then it woked, I had a static IP address.

But at my friends house it doesn't work.

I think I am failing at forwarding the ports to the local IP of my laptop.

I can't find [A] WHAT the local IP of my laptop is, and WHERE i should enter that IP address in my friends routers page.

So, how do i do both?

Thanks.
Router is a ZTE model H369A, and an issue might be that it has some sort of firewall which I don't know about.

EDIT: I figured it out already. If anyone's interested, please ask.
——————————————————————————A tribute to Lost Movies===My avatar: youtu.be/SdqsgEOBOlc——————————————————————————
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: How to forward ports to the local IP of my laptop?

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Ziggy Plock wrote:EDIT: I figured it out already. If anyone's interested, please ask.
Oh, I am always interested in tech problems and more specifically their solutions. Even when I do not understand them! Do tell, do tell! I don't need a long detailed description, just a quick summary.

My thoughts had gone as far as port-forwarding needs to be set up for each router and location separately, with some different information for each. But it seemed as if that is what you were doing.

And also Google "what is my computer ip" [operating system name] for how to find it.

Congrats on figuring it out!