[REL] Sean (1970) [U.S. documentary short]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
mimzy

Re: [REL] Sean (1970) [U.S. documentary short]

Post by mimzy »   0 likes

Thanks Ferdi and Night! Little anarchist :mrgreen:

There was possibly one mistake in subs: "'Cause they aren't old people. Yeah!" could be "'Cause they aren't old people. Yet!". But maybe I just did not hear correctly and I did not double check. It does not matter.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

And smoker (not only tobacco)
When he talked about speed freaks... I hope he did not use speed himself....
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

There were a few words here and there where I interpreted it differently, but nothing really significant. I did not feel the need to edit the subtitle file before resharing it on emule. ferdi put in the time and work, I was just watching it for enjoyment!

mimzy's "Yeah" vs. "Yet", for example.

The only one that really stood out for me was his saying what his activities on the boat would be. The subtitle has him PLAYING and SWEEPING. But I thought he said SLEEPING! No responsibilites for this kid! From the director's questions, it sounds like he heard "sweeping" also. The kid has a bit of a lisp, so I can not be certain.

He clearly had total contempt for speed freaks so he was not a user himself! Of course that could have changed with age. The director did a follow-up 35 years later, but I have not hunted it down.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Sequel to it is at Cinemageddon but since there are no subs I don't know if it makes sense to obtain it
Infinity

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Crazy to think this little boy would be in his 50s by now. Great little video, shame there isn't a similar documentary with a girl his age though!
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!