Jodie Foster - Hollywood dans la peau (2021 TV Movie) [France]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Tiny Blondie

Jodie Foster - Hollywood dans la peau (2021 TV Movie) [France]

Post by Tiny Blondie »   3 likes

Jodie Foster - Hollywood dans la peau

Jodie Foster | Documentaire | @ARTE Cinema

The dazzling trajectory of a gifted actress, an overexposed former child star, who grew up in the Hollywood matrix and tried to make it evolve from the inside.

Raised not far from Hollywood, Jodie Foster shot her first commercial at the age of 3. Her round face seducing the public, she became the muse of American good-natured dramas, then of Disney. As a press agent in the film industry, her mother pushed her children to go through castings, but she also devoted herself to the New Wave and militated for minority rights. Under her wise influence and that of the New Hollywood filmmakers, Jodie skilfully negotiates the turn of adolescence, generally fatal to child stars. Three films propel her away from sitcoms: Taxi Driver by Martin Scorsese, Palme d'Or at Cannes in 1976, Bugsy Malone by Alan Parker and The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane by Nicolas Gessner. The young actress thus reaches international fame, but also the burden of a precociously sexualized image. Aspiring to normality, this former student of the French high school in Los Angeles, who we see throughout the archives progressing to perfection in the language of Molière, succeeds in entering the prestigious Yale University. But as she flees the light, her path crosses that of a young man who wants to get out of the shadows. On March 30, 1981, John Hinckley Jr. shoots President Reagan. Arrested, he confides his obsession for the heroine of Taxi Driver. Placed under the protection of the FBI, Jodie Foster leaves bruised of this business. A few years later, she accepts a strangely restorative role, which will earn her her first Oscar. In The Accused, she plays a young woman victim of a gang rape who fights to have her attackers convicted.

Taking power

Despite a few Hollywood concessions, Jodie Foster often played female fighters who, alone against all, fight and take power, from the frail Clarice in Silence of the Lambs to the visionary scientist in Contact, and the vigilante in Raw. Along the way, the star has opened the doors of action film, directing and production to women. Marked by an overexposed childhood, she stands up against the current demand for transparency and protects her private life, refusing for a long time to come out, which has been widely criticized. Punctuated by film excerpts and archives, this documentary is permeated by the vitality of an intelligent, hard-working and paradoxical actress, who grew up with Hollywood, knows its inner workings and has protected herself from the society of show business without leaving it, by trying to make it evolve from within.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKfepVI48G8
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Jodie Foster - Hollywood dans la peau (2021 TV Movie) [France]

Post by Night457 »   5 likes

Thank you Tiny Blondie! I am always willing to take a look at some Jodie Foster. :D

It annoyed me that this video is geoblocked in at least some locations, so naturally I had to download it as soon as possible. I used this: https://x2download.com/en107 It gets around at least some geoblocking.

The hour-long video features interviews and movie clips from when she was a youngster and as an adult. I have not actually watched the whole thing yet.

[Image]

1080p. French narration with no subtitles, mixed with English Jodie clips having French subtitles, mixed with other interviewees in English with French voiceover.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [611.60 Mb]
Rich_Visiting

Re: Jodie Foster - Hollywood dans la peau (2021 TV Movie) [France]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Appreciate the YouTube link, thanks Blondie!