[REQ] Something Better to Come AKA Человек живет для лучшего (2014) [Eng subs]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Rich_Visiting

[REQ] Something Better to Come AKA Человек живет для лучшего (2014) [Eng subs]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

Found this recently hidden in Youtube (they are using some crazy AI these days), not sure if posted before because searching for the title yields so many results here (if not please can someone rip to ed2k), anyway, for those not seen, enjoy, if that's the right word :cry:...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4188338

:)
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Something Better to Come AKA Человек живет для лучшего (2014) [Eng subs]

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Ten-year-old Yula has but one dream: to lead a normal life. For 14 years, Hanna Polak follows Yula as she grows up in the forbidden territory of Svalka, the garbage dump located 13 miles from the Kremlin in Putin's Russia.
Thank you Rich!

I can't even classify a country for this. "International" ?

IMDB data excerpt (without links):
Countries of origin: Denmark · Poland · Japan · Netherlands · United States
Official sites: Danish Documentary [Denmark] · Hanna Polak's Twitter
Language: Russian
Also known as: Soptippens barn
Filming locations: Moscow, Russia
Rich_Visiting

Re: [REQ] Something Better to Come AKA Человек живет для лучшего (2014) [Eng subs]

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:00 am I can't even classify a country for this. "International" ?
I would usually fall back to the director nationality, so Poland imo :thumbsup
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 1:14 am I would usually fall back to the director nationality, so Poland imo :thumbsup
For a documentary? For that I would likely go with the subject / language / location. (Russia.) What does this documentary have to do with Poland, or Denmark, Japan, Netherlands, United States? Nothing, really.

But then, there are the dozens of Werner Herzog documentaries on a variety of subjects that I watch because of the director. I never think of them as Bavarian films, but Herzog films.

Ultimately this just shows me that I should not obsess so much over categories!