[REL] The Bloody Man (2020)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] The Bloody Man (2020)

Post by ghost »   15 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7708470/
In the 1980s, and after the death of his mother, Sam is struggling with family, friends, school, and the most evil being he can imagine - The Bloody Man, who is unknowingly summoned and will stop at nothing to destroy everything Sam holds dear.
This was quite fun. It is not focused on the girl, but you can see her pretty often in the movie.

[Image]

Tariler:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.08 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [98.7 Kb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Bloody Man (2020)

Post by kev »   2 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 am https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7708470/

...This was quite fun. It is not focused on the girl, but you can see her pretty often in the movie...
ghost; I love you, brother, and I have nothing but awe and admiration at your ability to find and post little and virtually unknown movies such as this one. :bigups

However; while some turn out to be hidden gems, I have to vociferously disagree with you about this film being 'quite fun'! :twisted:

While some movies might be 'diamonds-in-the-rough' this one, I'm afraid, is not much more than a shriveled turkey turd! And that's coming from a guy who LOVES low-budget, independent and yes; even so-bad-it's-good, waaay-out-there cinema.

(I actually thought there might be a problem when at the beginning of the film I noticed the headliner was an actress named 'Tuesday NIGHT'. Not to mention at the end of the film when I saw the actor that played 'The Bloody Man' is named 'Nicholas Redd'. Seriously!)

I can enjoy 'bad film', suffer inane scripts and atrocious acting if the movie has some originality. THAT was the major sin of this film: It was so damn derivative! I really struggled to get through this one.

The main movies I saw influences from were 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' and 'Evil Dead' both very original and iconic films..
Spoiler:

(There were others, especially with the doppelganger stepmoms duking it out near the end..)

ALSO: It IS a cool poster; but that's NOT what the 'Bloody Man' looked like! (Except for maybe a split-second at the end as he was melting....) :think :o
Maybe I'm being too harsh, for I'm sure this was a labor of love for it's creators. But as cute as Olivia Sanders [[right now her only role]] is; her presence couldn't keep me from fast-forwarding through the 'spoiler' scene at the end.. :lol:

Thanks for bringing this movie to FLM, and for all you do to keep this site thriving. For anyone on the fence post as to get this film or not: There are other movies out there that are absolutely worse than this one! (Just not very many...) :twisted:

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

kev wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:12 amAnd that's coming from a guy who LOVES low-budget, independent and yes; even so-bad-it's-good, waaay-out-there cinema.

I see that while [REL] Troll (1986) is at FLM, Troll 2 (1990) is NOT.
A young boy is terrified when his family's vacation is haunted by vile plant-eating monsters from his worst nightmare; the spectre of his deceased grandfather assists his attempt to save his beloved family.
:think
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

However; while some turn out to be hidden gems, I have to vociferously disagree with you about this film being 'quite fun'!
I didn't say that it is a good movie in a cineastic way. I just found it quite entertaining. The little sister icreased the value quite a lot. ;)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:21 am ...I see that while [REL] Troll (1986) is at FLM, Troll 2 (1990) is NOT.
:think
Never took the time to watch Troll 2 as the only thing of interest in the first wretched movie was Jenny Beck as the fiesty little Wendy Anne Potter. (And I kinda agree with Debaser in the original 'Troll' thread; Beck sorta DID favor Heather O'Rourke from the original Poltergeist movies.)

She actually reminded me, though, of Soleil Moon Frye as Chrissy Winslow ["I'm not the good Chrissy; I'm the baaad Chrissy!"] in the TV Movie Invitation to Hell (1984). That association is due more to her hammy acting chops rather than her looks.. :lol:

I summation; being that there wasn't a cute li'l girl in the second Troll insemination [ :twisted: ], I didn't bother trying to agonize through it.. (As, I guess, neither did other members; much less take time to post it here..) :roll:
ghost wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:22 pm ...I didn't say that it is a good movie in a cinematic way. I just found it quite entertaining. The little sister increased the value quite a lot. ;)
I guess if I had gotten a few friends together to watch the film, throwing in 3 or 4 six-packs along with a couple of 750ml bottles of Jack; THEN decided to take a swig or chug a shot each time a ridiculously inane stereotypical horror film cliche' was spouted or shown... Well, I too would have probably found it entertaining... :lol:

I'm sure I'm being overly harsh to this fun little film and you're right ghost; Olivia Sanders DID make the movie palatable.. :heart :heart
Spoiler:

(Just barely; I think the kicker that endeared her to me was the cute little 'dancearobics' outfit [or was it a 'Wonder Woman' costume :think ] from the '80's that she wore near the end to fight off that mean ol' Bloody Guy..)
Regardless of what I think, ghost enjoyed it enough to share it here and that alone should be reason enough to checkitout!

Thanks again, ghost, for this [REL]!

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

kev wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:04 am Never took the time to watch Troll 2 as the only thing of interest in the first wretched movie was Jenny Beck as the fiesty little Wendy Anne Potter.
When it comes to terrible movies, I don't need a cute little girl in the cast to enjoy them because the terribleness is an attraction in itself. The first one was just OK and ultimately forgettable, but the second one was ridiculously inept. The human heroes of the tale are in danger because of the trolls ... er, goblins ... who want to eat them. But the goblins are vegetarians, so they have to convert the humans into plants first. What a brilliant weed-induced screenplay idea! The fact that it has a child as a lead character makes it eligible for FLM, that's all. I watched it knowing full well its legendary reputation, but it might be funny to trick someone into watching it by giving them the impression that it was actually really good. :twisted: Some day I will watch it again, because it IS very funny.
She actually reminded me, though, of Soleil Moon Frye as Chrissy Winslow ["I'm not the good Chrissy; I'm the baaad Chrissy!"] in the TV Movie Invitation to Hell (1984).
A Wes Craven movie I had not even heard of, and with "Punky Brewster" in it too! I'll have to check it out, thanks!