[REL] Constructing the Future (1988) [UK]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Infinity

[REL] Constructing the Future (1988) [UK]

Post by Infinity »   8 likes

Constructing the Future (1988)

It is a very girl-centric documentary focussing on young girls (around 5-6 years old) being introduced to construction-based toys (legos and such) and where the girls are encouraged to explore any toys they would like in the classroom, not being limited to gender-specific toys. The freedom that the girls have is lovely to see and of course, there are many cute girls featured too.

It might not be for everybody, but I really liked seeing the progress the girls made. I have uploaded the video to YouTube in case you wanted to watch it there too. Have fun!

About:
Studies the use of constructional toys in a primary school in East Sussex, where they are used for fostering visual-spatial experience, language development, social and personal development and play opportunities, early maths and design skills and the exploration of social issues. In this school, there is a very positive equal opportunities policy, whereby the girls are encouraged in this learning as much as the boys, with rewarding results.

Video Thumbnail:
[Image]

YouTube:

Download Link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [514.52 Mb]
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Constructing the Future (1988) [UK]

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Infinity wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:54 pmwhere the girls are encouraged to explore any toys they would like in the classroom, not being limited to gender-specific toys.
Hey, I really enjoyed gently exploring and playing with my sister's Barbie and Charlie's Angels dolls. My, all the different outfits they could be changed into! :P So it is only fair that girls get to play with boys' toys too! :mrgreen:

But ... in public I was all G.I Joe and robots and big trucks and guns, so I guess I was not quite as open-minded as all that ...

Thanks for the documentary!