[REL] Magnificent 7 (2005) [TV Movie]

user123

Post by user123 »   1 likes

Inspired by the life of Jacqui Jackson. Helena Bonham Carter stars as Maggi, a mother with seven children - three 'normal' daughters and four sons who are each, in one form or another, autistic.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471019/

I have been looking for this movie for a long time. So far I have only found a version in Czech on Ulozto :-(

https://ulozto.net/file/NnxxV2RLQ0Qm/ba ... 005-cz-mkv

If anyone has or knows where to find it in English and/or Brazilian it would appreciate it a lot! :-) There is another movie (western?) with the same name, the search isn't easy :lol:

[Image]
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Magnificent 7 (2005)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

user123 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:55 am If anyone has or knows where to find it in English and/or Brazilian it would appreciate it a lot!
480p English language with Portuguese-Brazilian hard subtitles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCjzGnMV5U

Other versions & sources:
Spoiler:

(There is another video on Youtube that is 360p English with Pt-Br hardsubs, same runtime but very grubby video.)

I have not downloaded all the videos yet but it does NOT look like the English soundtrack can be easily muxed with the Ulozto Czech video, for anyone who does NOT want the Portuguese subtitles. There is a 20 second time difference.

These CLAIM to be English and Czech subtitles, but are for a DIFFERENT "Magnificent Seven"!
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... ovie-19480
WRONG SUBTITLES! DO NOT USE!

720p Polish dub (maybe Russian?)
https://www.cda.pl/video/1620064db
This one is closer to the runtime of the English-soundtrack Youtube but it still seems that a remux would NOT work.

There is apparently an Australian English-language DVD, but I have not found it actually available:
https://www.amazon.com/Magnificent-Seve ... -1-catcorr
user123

Post by user123 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:37 am 480p English language with Portuguese-Brazilian hard subtitles:

(...)

I have not downloaded all the videos yet but it does NOT look like the English soundtrack can be easily muxed with the Ulozto Czech video, for anyone who does NOT want the subtitles. There is a 20 second time difference.
Wow, that was quick, thank you very much Night457! :onfire

Even if they don't have the same length, I've downloaded the video from youtube now and added it to my to-do list. If no other English version appears in the next time I'll cut the video track to fit the English audio even if it means to re-encode it (something I do not like to do at all). While it seems to be possible to cut video tracks with Avidemux without re-encoding them, you are bound to the key frames and I had not much success so far. But it's still better than nothing! :dance

THANKS! :D
To download files I shared on uloz use my username user123_ and my password Abc12345678 - please don't change it
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

OK, I am done looking now.

Discussion of specifications of the various sources and video recoding options:
Spoiler:

user123 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:38 am Even if they don't have the same length, I've downloaded the video from youtube now and added it to my to-do list.
If you really want to do the work of a complicated remux, consider getting the Polish [Russian?] version too. It has a larger watermark but it has more of the film image. (And watermarks can be blurred out in an Avidemux reencode.)
If no other English version appears
That is really what we need, even if the video is poor we need a complete English soundtrack. (See evaluation of the videos further below.)
I'll cut the video track to fit the English audio even if it means to re-encode it (something I do not like to do at all).
Re-encoding can be time-consuming for the computer but it is fairly easy for the user. THIS one would take some hands-on audio editing, which does not enthuse me! See my evaluation of the videos further below.
While it seems to be possible to cut video tracks with Avidemux without re-encoding them
Yes, this is true. Mostly I use that feature to cut off non-movie garbage that can be at the beginning of a video, such as a test screen or static. If I simply need to change the start time of audio in a remux, I use mkvmerge GUI (MKVToolNix). I only bother to cut the video if there is some really annoying useless part.

Here is my evaluation of the videos --

The Czech 544p version is complete but the image is too narrow. It chops off the sides. This is a proper dub with different voice actors for each role.

The Polish [Russian?] 720p is complete and in widescreen. This looks to have the fullest image with nothing cut off that should not be. A few seconds after the credits after the copyright date (showing the distributor) are cut off, which is why it is shorter. I consider this one to be the best choice for video. The dub is a single male voice throughout. I do not know Slavic languages well enough but it sounds like it COULD be Russian, even though it is from a Polish site.

Polish (Russian?) ___________ Czech
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

The English language version is shorter NOT because of framerate but because some of the video is damaged.

The English 480p & 360p are DVRd from Cinemax (cable television channel). Around 80 minutes in there is digital breakup and glitching, and THAT is where it loses about 20 seconds of runtime. Up until that point it should be able to be remuxed easily in sync with a better quality video. Starting there it would take some careful examination to figure out where the audio will be complete to the end of the video it is muxed with, then snipped and repositioned. The messed up portion would have to be left silent or given the equivalent portion of one of the dub tracks. This would take some tricky editing of the audio track, which I know can be done in free programs like Audacity. I am no audio engineer or even an amateur enthusiast so it is NOT something that I would want to do.

As far as watching it in English without much hassle, the best bet so far seems to be the Youtube video, WITHOUT messing around with the complicated audio editing of muxing it to another video. Just ignore the glitching portion like people did with DVD or DVR or messed up videotape.

I would like that Australian DVD!
Night457
Global Moderator

More muxing talk:
Spoiler:

Dammit! Damn that Helena Bonham Carter! I have been a big fan of her for well over 30 years, so I could not stop thinking about this one. I have even been suckered into watching some of her crappy movies. Problem is, this looks like one of her GOOD ones. Grrrrr. (And it has a bunch of kids in it too.) I have watched the beginning and the end of the movie so I am already interested in the story. (Spoilers don't bother me.)

I have revised my previous posts to reflect some new information.

Even though I SWORE I was not interested in doing audio editing, I have begun the preparatory work that would allow me to do so. I have a big remux with the Polish?Russian? video, the Polish?Russian? audio in sync, the Czech audio in sync, an English track in sync for the first 80 minutes 06 seconds, and a SECOND English track in sync starting from 80 minutes 30 seconds and continuing for the remaining 4 minutes of the movie. (After the English language source stops glitching.) I can easily switch to the second English audio at the appropriate time. The best-case end goal is editing those two English audio tracks into one so that no switching is necessary. I will likely blur out the watermark on the video because I hate them, but that takes some computer processing time that I am not ready to do yet.

So do not give up yet, user123. I need more time and more coffee, but maybe in a few days I will have a much better remux that I think is good enough to share.

P.S.: If any FLM member is interested enough to still be reading this post AND knows a little of either Russian or Polish, would you be so kind as to check out the following link and tell me what the dubbed language is?

https://www.cda.pl/video/1620064db

It is a Polish site, but it sounds like it COULD be Russian. I just do not know the languages well enough for me to tell for certain. Thank you.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   14 likes

Thank you user123, I really liked this movie and the children in it!

This video is my own remux. The watermark has been blurred out from what looks like a 720p upscale. The English soundtrack is in sync and was made complete by borrowing 21 seconds from a non-dubbed portion of another source. There are still roughly 10 seconds with mild glitches in the damaged audio about 80 minutes in. I did loudness normalization on the entire track to get rid of the harsh and tinny sound of the original, so it sounds much better now.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

720p English language, without any subtitles:

https://ulozto.net/file/6N8wRhVGGS9c/ma ... 9JJTH4BD==

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.07 Gb]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Magnificent 7 (2005) [TV Movie]

The youngest boy is severely autistic and partly physically disabled. He has panic reactions to the color red and particularly dislikes red glowing lights.

He also is terrified of Santa Claus and clowns. This part seems perfectly normal and rational to me!

This is an ensemble film but there is a little more focus on the 12-year-old boy who has Asperger's Syndrome. He has been looking forward to being allowed to be out in public on his own without supervision, but his mother is very concerned that others will take advantage of his open and trusting nature. He interprets everything literally and is completely honest in everything he says. He does not undertand deceit or sarcasm. His three "normal" sisters agree to take him out with them to meet other teens, and in a funny scene they coach him carefully on how he should behave in public so that he gets along with the people he meets. Of course there are special rules when dealing with teen girls. (The brother's dialog in italics:
- Don't ask them how old they are.
- Or what their mum and dad are called.
- Or if they started their period yet, like you asked Marty Gray last year.
- Maybe I shouldn't say anything.
- Just don't lean too close to people.
- Oh yes, proximity. Don't get too close. Yes, I remember. Not inappropriate proximity.
- Don't flap your hands.
- I stopped flapping when I was 10 years and three months.
- If anyone says, "Do you like this top?"
- I say "Yes"?
- Yes, but not too enthusiastically or she'll think you fancy her.
- And what if I do fancy her?
- You don't let her know.
- And what if someone was to say "Does my bum look big in this?" and it does?
- I say, "Yes it does! Maybe you should put some jeans on next time!"
- No, always say "NO"!
- Even if it does?
- Yes!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Sounds like a lot of work you've put in to get a version as good as possible!
Night457
Global Moderator

I made the "mistake" of watching enough of the videos I had downloaded to get seriously interested in watching the whole thing, so then I just had to fix it.

At least I got some more experience using Audacity, and maybe some day I might actually know what I am doing with it.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Wow what a neat project, Night! I have to say, you did that fast!

Thank you for sharing your work on this movie. I had fun trying to understand everything you and user123 were talking about when you tried describing the muxing and audio encoding process. Someday I'll try this on my own and I'll review everything you wrote here!

For now, I can try to help identify that language. I'll report back with any ideas! Thanks again for the movie!