[REL] M3GAN (2023)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] M3GAN (2023)

Post by kev »   2 likes

M3GAN 2023

WOW, WOW, OH WOW!! :shock:

I will probably absolutely, positively be ultra-disappointed with this movie when it comes out; but right now, flying on the sheer adrenaline-blast from the trailer: I am SUPER STOKED to see this film!

It has everything I want to see going for it: Cute kids; ridiculously ignorant tech-addled adults; cute kids; a campy '80's killer doll/slasher movie synopsis; cute kids; AND absolutely KILLER dance moves by the doll [M3gan] right before a kill. (OH! Did I mention really cute kids??) :heart :heart

Violet McGraw as Cady and Amie Donald as the lovely doll/android M3gan... (Violet is here already in some other films; check out her resume'..) ;)

I have to be honest with you; besides Amie [inside the coolest doll outfit] and Violet's sheer cuteness, it was M3gan's dance moves that sold me on this. :heart :heart I just hope we haven't seen the best parts of the film and the rest of the movie lives up to the campy vibes the trailer is putting out. :pray

January 13, 2023 is the presumptive release date as of right now. :thumbsup

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: M3GAN (2023) USA

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

In the trailer I was half expecting her to say "Hi, I'm M≡gan! Wanna plaaaay?"

I was not able to bring myself to watch the recent Child's Play remake but I will watch THIS.

Thanks for the news, kev!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks, kev!

Can't wait to watch this! It's a pity, that we'll have to wait some months...

Reminds me a bit of Eva
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Trailer kinda gives away the doll is going to turn violent. But the "you have to protect her" or whatever was said immediately was a rather big clue anyway. Isaac Asimov -some warped 3 laws of robotics rules always makes for good films!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

David32441 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:47 pm Trailer kinda gives away the doll is going to turn violent...
Yeah, I know.. This could be one of those 'Did-the-trailer-show-too-much?' kinda things that sometimes ruins movies.

But this is also the type of film where any jaded horror aficionado worth their salt KNOWS there's going to be a DRASTIC turn of events between the innocently helpful, protective robot/android at the beginning of the film and the creature at the end. So hopefully, the movie lives up to the campy-ness of it's trailer and the best scenes are yet to come.. :heart

kev.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   1 likes

It could be that the mascara sex-doll designed to turn small children into prostitutes turns out to be the good guy, and then the inventor lady turns out to be the super evil and ill-willed villain of teh story.

You'll just have to see when it comes out in theaters kev.

You dunno.

(Or do you.. ?)

D:
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

pistachio wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:37 pm It could be that the mascara sex-doll designed to turn small children into prostitutes turns out to be the good guy, and then the inventor lady turns out to be the super evil and ill-willed villain of the story.

You'll just have to see when it comes out in theaters kev.

You dunno...
:lol: :thumbsup

(These days it wouldn't surprise me a bit! :shock: Definitely looking forward to Jan. 2023! :heart )

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pistachio wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:37 pm It could be that the mascara sex-doll designed to turn small children into prostitutes turns out to be the good guy, and then the inventor lady turns out to be the super evil and ill-willed villain of teh story.
Maybe so!

It just occurred to me that other than the prostitution angle, that is the Frankenstein story. The "good scientist" is an irresponsible selfish nincompoop and the "monster" that he created is the sympathetic one.
Fr.jpg
Fr2.jpg

The little girl ( Marilyn Harris) in Frankenstein (1931) was terrified of her failed-actress abusive "stage mother" but she instantly adored the tall guy in big boots and scary make-up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pistachio

Post by pistachio »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:56 amIt just occurred to me that other than the prostitution angle, that is the Frankenstein story. The "good scientist" is an irresponsible selfish nincompoop and the "monster" that he created is the sympathetic one.
Thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to see the original Frankenstein since I saw that scene in Spirit of the Beehive.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   1 likes

pistachio wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:08 am
Night457 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:56 amIt just occurred to me that other than the prostitution angle, that is the Frankenstein story. The "good scientist" is an irresponsible selfish nincompoop and the "monster" that he created is the sympathetic one.
Thanks for the reminder! I've been meaning to see the original Frankenstein since I saw that scene in Spirit of the Beehive.
Ahh, yes!! El Espíritu de la colmena, AKA The Spirit of the Beehive (1973). :heart :heart :heart

One of the 'If-You-Could-Only-Keep-10-Movies-On-A-Desert-Island' movies I would keep. In fact it would probably rank in the top 2.. ;) (The other being Les Dimanches de Ville d'Avray AKA Sundays and Cybèle (1962).. :heart :heart

I'm sure M3gan won't hold a candle to the impact those movies had on my life, but I'm still looking for a fun romp.. :lol:

kev.

(Oh yeah:
pistachio wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:37 pm It could be that the mascara sex-doll...
:shock:

I got the same vibes too, but was a tad nervous to say anything worrying that other members might wonder; "How the hell do you KNOW what a 'sex doll' [designed to be a child] looks like?!!" ) :twisted: :oops: :lol:

((BTW: How DO you know?? :think ))

:P

kev.