[REL] Zwei in einem Boot / Two in a Boat (1999)

DreamScape

[REL] Zwei in einem Boot / Two in a Boat (1999)

Post by DreamScape »   31 likes

I would like to present a cross forum collaboration!

The English subtitles are by ghost, TNT's andrass, and myself!

Zwei in einem Boot
Two in a Boat

[Image]

Three children and their Grandpa are on a kayak-outdoor trip in the middle of nowhere. What was supposed to be a relaxed summer weekend with some nice small adventures turns into serious trouble when their Grandpa suffers a heart attack in the middle of the wilderness. Nobody can hear the children screaming, the mobile phone has no net, nobody is in sight or even close. The children are completely on their own - with an old man in a small boat who does not move any more and is barely breathing. To rescue themselves and their Grandpa the children have to fight their way back to civilization

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0200314/

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.04 Gb]
Zwei.in.einem.Boot.1999.GERMAN.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP2.0.H.264-tobias.en.srt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Zwei in einem Boot / Two in a Boat (1999)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

:icon_specool

This kind of collaboration pleases me immensely! Thank you all!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   41 likes

Thanks, Dreamscape. I was wating for the final subtitles... ;)

I enhanced the movie to 720p:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.57 Gb]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Thanks for presenting us this collaboration, DreamScape, and thanks for your work on the subs, ghost! I love seeing teams like this working together!
yekaterina

Post by yekaterina »   0 likes

goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

yekaterina wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:16 pm Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS_DkIg75q0
Thank you! Because of you I just started to watch this. Really well shot the film, like it has a magical atmosphere with the nature/lake shots. Weirdly the dialogue feels like it was dubbed..in german. Maybe a lot of https://www.studiobinder.com/blog/what-is-adr-in-film/

The film also exists on DVD (Amazon) but is more rare/expensive these days. A shame that they put the film on VoD but only in SD quality when the film was shot on 35mm film (I guess digitalization & rescanning of Film has gotten cheaper especially in recent years): https://f-films.deutsches-filminstitut. ... 005043.htm

It’s definitely a contrast to Hollywood kids movies. I wish there’d be more of these kind of films. Calm/not stressed Story telling but still adventure film.

Here is a funny review from Amazon (deepl.com translated):

In the online description it says that the production cost 1 million DM. So after I have seen the film, I wonder what they have done with the remaining 980 000 DM. Because in this film is both the locations without a special kind and form has been chosen. Filming 4 people in two hiking canoes really doesn't require any great art. A few quarrels, camping on the shore and so on. So all that would get a scout group with a video camera also still there and even free.
Had promised me really more of it
Here‘s a long review of the DVD including audio/visual/extras:
Spoiler:

4.0 from 5 stars

A children's film that, for once, knows how to convince far away from American glossy productions à la Hollywood and Disney

Two in one boat

The film, distributed here by KNM from "Basis-Film Verleih" on DVD, provided us with an atmospheric, adventurous and immensely exciting afternoon in front of the flicker box. The children's film, which premiered at the 1999 Berlinale Children's Film Festival, not only managed to entertain, but also to create a vacation atmosphere with the story told in the film and the fantastic images of the landscape of the Mecklenburg Lake District.

Andreas Grünberg wrote the screenplay together with Cornelia Grünberg, who also directed the film. Considering that the film was made on a tight budget of just about one million marks, it is quite respectable and convinces with its ambitious and authentic-looking production.

The reason for this, apart from the coherently and comprehensibly told story of the film, also lies in the consistently convincing cast that can be experienced in it. In addition to Günter Naumann (" Zur See " 1976, " Treffpunkt Flughafen " 1986) as well as Dieter Wien (" Archiv des Todes " 1980) and Madlene Lierk-Wien (" Spuk von draußen " 1987), Alexander Grünberg, Marie Kliefert and Fabian Wien can be seen in the leading roles of the three children in the film.

Eleven-year-old Hans and his fourteen-year-old brother Fabian are already looking forward to the trip with their grandpa. He wants to take the two boys on a canoe trip to a nature reserve and show them an eagle's nest. The fact that they are not allowed to be caught by the conservationists only makes things more exciting for the two boys. The two boys don't like the fact that fourteen-year-old Nadja is suddenly to be part of the party. So it doesn't take long for the first quarrel to break out.

When Grandpa Paul collapses on the boat in the middle of a deserted wilderness and is no longer responsive, the children panic. What should they do? How can they help their grandpa? Left to their own devices, they begin an adventurous and gripping race against time to organize help for their grandfather.

What the three undertake to bring help and whether they will actually succeed is shown in the film, which is published here on a type 5 DVD. The DVD is stored in a plain amaray case without a reversible cover, which is "adorned" with an FSK notice on its front cover.

The film has a running time of about 67 minutes. According to the cover of the DVD, the picture presents itself in 16:9 format with natural and in their intensity coherent colors. The settings and values in the image sharpness and contrast are to be experienced throughout in well-set mid-range values. Major picture noise or unrest is not noticeable during playback, though some smudges and also picture noise/encoding errors are noticeable in the image.

The DVD menu is simple, but clear and easy to use. Playback can be started immediately after inserting the DVD into the player via "Start movie". There is no chapter menu that can be called up separately, but some scene markers have been set in the film itself.

It is very nice that the DVD offers a little more than four minutes of "Making of" to the film, a quite worth seeing extra.

Sound Rating:

The DVD offers a German Dolby digital 2.0 soundtrack to the film that leaves the actors always well intelligible. I didn't notice any notable irregularities during the entire playback time of the film. Subtitles for the hearing impaired or deaf are unfortunately not offered with from the DVD.

Overall Impression:

We, and especially our two tots, really enjoyed the film. In addition to its exciting story, it also offers pictures worth seeing of the natural landscape of the Mecklenburg Lake District and brings a vacation atmosphere into the four walls at home. A children's film worth seeing, which for once is far removed from American glossy productions à la Hollywood and Disney and is quite convincing and deserves attention.