[REL] Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical (2022)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical (2022)

Post by ghost »   21 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3447590/
An adaptation of the Tony and Olivier award-winning musical. Matilda tells the story of an extraordinary girl who, armed with a sharp mind and a vivid imagination, dares to take a stand to change her story with miraculous results.
[Image]

Trailer:

Well sourced on eMule:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.08 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.39 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.25 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [4.01 Gb]
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Roald Dahl's Matilda the Musical (2022)

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Oh more Matilda! :D

I had no idea this was coming out. Looks like it has pretty good reviews. I am a little finicky with musicals, but I'll give this one a try. Thanks ghost!
SomeoneFromNorth

Post by SomeoneFromNorth »   2 likes

This Alisha Weir is so charming and a true star. Amazed by the talent of all these kids like WOW!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   3 likes

Have seen it (paid like an honest man). It's brilliant! Tim Minchin (who wrote the stage play music)'s wrote the songs, so I knew the songs would be great! Check out his live DVD's, he's a great song writer, comedian and artist. Alisha Weir is destined to be a star like Emma Watson! She's very sweet and charming. Was surprised to read she is 14. Making her 12 or 13 at the time of filming - she looks younger. But often small actresses are picked as a 12-13 year can work longer hours (legally) and give a more mature performance than say a 9 or 10 year old. There's a few videos on YouTube of her performing songs live to promote the film, and "other Matilda's" from the London stage show who've performed versions over the years at various events.
pillowbaker

Great! SO glad to see a good response to this. I was really uncertain about giving it a chance. Thanks for the recommendation, everyone. If it's still in local theaters next week, I'll try it out there!
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   1 likes

That dance near the end was well done.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   4 likes

Well, I just thought that would be a good movie for New Year's Eve.
I'm blown away. It was amazing. She's such a great talent!

marvingray

Post by marvingray »   0 likes

This was my favorite movie of last year(although I watched it this year.) I Had to immediately go find a physical copy, even if it was a bootleg. I'm really not a musical fan, but it got me on a few weeks of looking up musicals and information on the stage show. https://youtu.be/kDkBOjsQNbE This was a nice channel I found with a lot of musical numbers.(edit..the most replayed data on this vid lol)

In particular, I thought Quiet, Naughty, and the School Song were exceptionally well done. I really enjoyed Alisha Weir's performance of Matilda, although in researching the stage show, I think Oona Laurence was my favorite of the various Matilda's. This Matilda: https://youtu.be/tC7BCLSaz4Y was also pretty on point.

Also, if you enjoyed the movie but haven't watched the play, check out at least one rendition of Miracle: https://youtu.be/feB6jL20gBI It's a pretty cute version.
pillowbaker

Thanks for that recommendation for the stage plays, marvingray. I'll took a look at all your links and they were quite fun! I'll have to take a look into the stage plays, that is, once I finally get around to watching the version in this release thread!
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

Did anyone have a source for the German version?
[Image]