JDownloader2 downloads Age-restricted YouTube videos

All hardware and software related discussion topics here. Advice, discussion and opinions on either topic are welcome.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: JDownloader2 downloads Age-restricted YouTube videos

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Walter wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:40 pm What would you recommend as the easiest/best way to obtain these videos?
Ain't nuttin' easy this time with damn Age-Restricted videos, sorry.

Supposedly JD2 will work, but I would have to read my intstructions here to figure out the cookies again. Once it is set up, it should download the videos quickly and easily.

9xbuddy will download Age-Restricted YouTube videos right in your browser, but for these it only gives audio with the lower-resolution versions, and the 1080p is silent.
https://9xbuddy.xyz/en-1bq
One would then have to remux the audio from a lower resolution version into the video from 1080p version using something like MKVToolNix / MKVmerge. These are easy for me, but I have used them hundreds of times.

Command line yt-dlp is downloading it very slowly, and gave me this message:
WARNING: [youtube] I3qdp4cL-vY: nsig extraction failed: You may experience throttling for some formats
Install PhantomJS to workaround the issue. Please download it from ...
Yeah, it is throttled alright, but I don't have time now to look into whatever PhatomJS is.

My recent mention of yt-dlp: viewtopic.php?p=103479#p103479

In some movie thread a day or two ago ghost posted a link to a version of yt-dlp with a GUI, which makes it much easier to use. Maybe that will work, and faster, for this.

Ghost's discovery of the GUI version: viewtopic.php?p=103491#p103491

I have not tried that version yet.
Walter

Post by Walter »   0 likes

O.K. looks like I'll try the cookies thing. I'll let you know if I'm successful. And thanks! :)
Walter

Post by Walter »   1 likes

UPDATE: I got 'em using a different method - I found something called the Wonderfox Free HD Video Converter Factory. Works great and is free but you can only use it 100 times before you have to buy the thing to continue using it. So save it for when you really need it, if you get it. :D