[REL] Rasmus, Pontus och Toker (1956)

Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Rasmus, Pontus och Toker (1956)

Post by Night457 »   18 likes

Ten-year-old Rasmus, his friend Pontus and his dog Toker, find out about a silver theft in the small town where they live
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049658/
Screenshot (243).png
Screenshot (244).png
Screenshot (245).png
Screenshot (246).png
Screenshot (247).png
Screenshot (248).png
Screenshot (251).png
Screenshot (249).png
Screenshot (250).png
This is mainly a boys adventure, but it also features the misadventures in love of Rasmus's highschool sister Patricia. (Played by a 20-something actress.) She has the nickname "Pricken", which may inspire unintentional giggles in some English-speaking audiences. So I translated her nickname as "Dot" in the subtitles. The cheekiness of the preteens and the lovelorn silliness of the teens is quite funny. If Astrid Lindgren had not found that gig authoring children's stories, she could have been a good screwball comedy scriptwriter instead.

DVDrip source with Swedish audio and optional Swedish subtitles:
https://ulozto.net/file/v4pk6LX6IEfR/ra ... cTMQuyAD==

English subtitles (my translation) in both standard white and also a yellow option, as it is a black-and-white film and yellow shows up better. The yellow works in VLC but may not play properly in other players.
Rasmus, Pontus och Toker (1956).English-white&yellow_versions.zip
|
Ulozto file renamed,
576p Swedish audio and optional internal Swedish VobSubtitles.
External English subtitles in standard white or yellow version.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.98 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [55.6 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [73.5 Kb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Rasmus, Pontus och Toker (1956)

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Oh wow thanks Night! I remember seeing this one pop up while search for the many other Lingren related movies and shows. This looks like a quality encode! And thank for the work on translating not just any subtitles, but yellow subtitles! My fave color for subs!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

From the codecs it looks like this is a 1:1 copy from a DVD-5, which would be why it is rather large for a DVDrip: no recoding, just encapsulated in an MKV. Whenever I rip a DVD myself that is all I ever do anymore anyway. I just take up drive space rather than wasted computer processing time. (Now if I was able to rip a blu-ray, I think I would make that smaller.)
pillowbaker wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:20 amAnd thank for the work on translating not just any subtitles, but yellow subtitles!
Oh wow, if you had ANY idea how difficult it was to translate regular white Swedish subs to yellow subs in ANY language ... PHEW!! :shock:
Spoiler:

SubtitleEdit, cursor in text area, CTRL-A, right-click, "Color...", Choose color, "OK", File, "Save as..."

Easy-peasy. Once you get SubtitleEdit reinstalled. There is probably a way to set VLC to change the display color of subtitles, but I did not look into that. Too much work going through Preferences menus. :D

My favorite sub color is BLOOD RED!!! Mwaaah haaaah haaah haaa haaa!!!!

EDIT: VLC, Tools, Preferences, Subtitles/OSD, Subtitle Effects -> Text default color, Select Color, OK, Save.

But then you have to change it back if you actually do not want that color for everything. I like to have subtitles that are coded to display exactly right for that movie.

It's just too bad my blu-ray player either ignores or displays the encoding itself for any font changes. No bold, italic, color, positioning ... nuthin'.
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Smaller rip is available via magnets for example here https://btdig.com/2d0c784f700ffbd9c6abb ... d0c6834f2/