[REL] Walker, Texas Ranger (1993-2001) [TV series]

Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

I'm recently watching this TV Series, I thought the participation of children is nil but I found this episode.
Deadly Vision
Synopsis
Spoiler:

Trivette leads the investigation when a little girl is kidnapped. The mother relies on a psychic so Trivette must work with the psychic. It seems the psychic does have the ability to sense things, and together they find the girl.
This episode is special because of the kidnapping theme, even though it is not realistic as it happens in real cases and also because of the participation of an actress Sasi Smillie although she did not have much in her career.
I did not find the original episode, only dubbing.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   8 likes

s02e18 "Deadly Vision" March 26, 1994
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
Chuck Norris found his groove as the soft-spoken hero lawman in this ass-kicking family series. For most of this episode, his character is out of town, but he returns in time to lend a hand or two. (Feet, etc...)

As far as I can find, the series is still only available in Standard Definition.

Torrents: https://www.1377x.to/search/walker%20texas%20ranger/1/
Streaming with English captions: https://bflix.gg/tv/watch-walker-texas-ranger-38422

This episode direct download:
https://ulozto.net/file/AyMKc7oAwNGJ/wa ... 9IGzDlLj==

English regular & SDH subtitles:
Walker, Texas Ranger - S02E18 - Deadly Vision (480p x265 EDGE2020).EN.zip
|
480p English audio:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [589.54 Mb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sully23

Re: [REL] Walker, Texas Ranger (1993-2001) [TV series]

Night457 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:09 am his character is out of town, but he returns in time to lend a hand or two. (Feet, etc...)
It bothers me that Walker destroyed the girl's house, ¿wasn't it better to take him out? I still remember in Ant-Man he destroys his daughter Cassie Lang's room.

I found another Christmas episode season 5 I'll upload soon.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:10 am It bothers me that Walker destroyed the girl's house
:lol:
This was an often silly show and was in line with other American action shows of the 70s, 80s and 90s: lots of destruction in the fights but almost no bloodletting. It was much like the barroom brawls in many old westerns. How could a saloon owner stay in business if everyone was always smashing liquor bottles and chairs over each other's heads and getting thrown through windows?

Although you could look into real-life situations involving warrantless entry by police. While they DO use their guns, they do NOT take special care to avoid destruction of property! And in the case of entry WITH a warrant, such as when they are searching for drugs, they take special care to cause as much destruction as possible.

(Of course since "Walker" takes place in Texas I am speaking of my own country, the United States, as I have quite a bit less knowledge of police actions and standard procedure in other countries.)
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 pm :lol:
It was much like the barroom brawls in many old westerns. How could a saloon owner stay in business if everyone was always smashing liquor bottles and chairs over each other's heads and getting thrown through windows?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I liked the fights in the bars, they were neutral places for a scene of violence.
Going back to the beginning, it doesn't bother me if they destroy the villains' house (I'll add more when I comment on police procedures) like in Kill Bill or Bad Boys 2, but not an innocent victim's, in a series ¿"I suppose"? (I hope I don't end up like this discussion https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... 7&start=10) some criminals are looking for a girl and go to her house but can't find her because they left earlier but the fight is in her room then a happy ending if the viewer asks, ¿should the thugs repair the house?
Night457 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 pm Although you could look into real-life situations involving warrantless entry by police. While they DO use their guns, they do NOT take special care to avoid destruction of property! And in the case of entry WITH a warrant, such as when they are searching for drugs, they take special care to cause as much destruction as possible.

(Of course since "Walker" takes place in Texas I am speaking of my own country, the United States, as I have quite a bit less knowledge of police actions and standard procedure in other countries.)
If as long as they don't commit crimes, or touch criminals' noses, it won't happen. I understand that the P.D. train those from other countries.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

I don't want to give away too many spoilers, but I figure a person would not mind windows and furniture being smashed up too much if it means Walker is rescuing them from being killed!

What bothers me is police car chases in movies where non-participant drivers are getting smashed up left and right. Doesn't anyone end up seriously injured or killed? And the police are usually chasing someone because they stole something from some rich *******. Sure, they gotta kill everyone in their path to get back those priceless diamonds or whatever. Shiny rocks are important.
Sully23 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:04 am I liked the fights in the bars, they were neutral places for a scene of violence.
Maybe that is why I always drank alone. Safer that way, because I wouldn't get involved in some fight that is none of my business anway! :)
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 pm
Sully23 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:10 am It bothers me that Walker destroyed the girl's house
:lol:
This was an often silly show and was in line with other American action shows of the 70s, 80s and 90s: lots of destruction in the fights but almost no bloodletting. It was much like the barroom brawls in many old westerns. How could a saloon owner stay in business if everyone was always smashing liquor bottles and chairs over each other's heads and getting thrown through windows?

Although you could look into real-life situations involving warrantless entry by police. While they DO use their guns, they do NOT take special care to avoid destruction of property! And in the case of entry WITH a warrant, such as when they are searching for drugs, they take special care to cause as much destruction as possible.

The A-Team would be a classic example of lots of violence, explosions, some shooting - but absolutely no blood or gore! Seems odd given people are being blasted through the air by explosions!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I thought of that same example too! I just was not sure if that particular American TV show was known outside of the U.S. "Walker" at least has as its star Chuck Norris, who was already well known from his action movies. And I know that action movies travel across borders very easily.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:41 pm I just was not sure if that particular American TV show was known outside of the U.S.
AFAIK both "A-Team" and "Texas Ranger" were shown on TV here. I don't know if anybody actually watched them, but Chuck Norris jokes were very popular, i.e. "When Chuck Norris does division, there are no remainders."
Sully23

Night457 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:40 am I don't want to give away too many spoilers, but I figure a person would not mind windows and furniture being smashed up too much if it means Walker is rescuing them from being killed!

What bothers me is police car chases in movies where non-participant drivers are getting smashed up left and right. Doesn't anyone end up seriously injured or killed? And the police are usually chasing someone because they stole something from some rich *******. Sure, they gotta kill everyone in their path to get back those priceless diamonds or whatever. Shiny rocks are important.
The Sweeper (1996) and L.A Heat (1996-1999) where civilians died on screen in clashes and explosions, the same producer of those titles has more scenes of this type.

I have an imaginary movie in my brain, it included a lot of sensitive content and the destruction of homes with bullets and a lot of car chases, although it seems like it's too much content for a movie.