[REQ] Universal Signs (2008)

Triela

[REQ] Universal Signs (2008)

Post by Triela »   1 likes

Ashlyn Sanchez sadly made just a few movies and stopped at the height of her career, or was stopped by parents(?), maybe.
Awful what happened to her, but I was hoping someone has her óther movie from 2008
Universal Signs (2008)

[Image]

I got prompted by the thread/post below, and checked her out.
emuler wrote: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:42 am http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0949731/
Ashlyn Sanchez :dance . No OT, naturally. :wall
[Image]

Not OT? Wait, what's the definition of OT again?
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] Universal Signs (2008)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Hey, from the synopsis this looks like one I would like! And it has Sabrina Lloyd from "Sliders"! (I know, she's too old to be FLM material.)
Triela wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm Ashlyn Sanchez sadly made just a few movies and stopped at the height of her career, or was stopped by parents(?), maybe.
Awful what happened to her,
I was "What, oh no! Did she die young?" So I looked on Google:
Ashlyn Sanchez was just 12 years old when she was in the highly anticipated movie "The Happening" which was written and directed by one hit wonder M.Night Shymalan whose movies started to flop after Signs..of which The Happening was his first casualty.

She was a young actress whose big break was this movie but because her acting was criticized, she subsequently gave up and now she's a martial artist and director and stunts performer.
https://www.ignboards.com/threads/this- ... 454080201/

She quit acting and she got married, that does not seem TOO terrible to me. I don't understand how M. Night can keep getting paid to make movies if they supposedly "flop". (I dunno if that is actually true, I don't watch them and don't follow box office returns anyway.) If a young actress gives what is supposedly a bad performance in a movie that is supposedly itself bad, I have to lay the blame on the director.

However, I hope and believe that Ashlyn is happier now kicking ass with her martial arts than appearing on camera in the soul-sucking acting business.
Not OT? Wait, what's the definition of OT again?
Oh god. There are disagreements about that going back years. Here are two common definitions at FLM:
Me wrote:OT (On topic)
1) Contains nudity or sexy scenes.
2) Contains children in leading or substantial roles and not just a brief appearance.
The 2nd one is what matters to me.
Triela

Post by Triela »   1 likes

i just watched the first 9 episodes of Sliders, and she's kinda hot, but also kinda not. She's very petite and all, so, yeah. but not all that pretty. Just one nude role, aged 32......
Maybe we should start referring to the first definition as NOT-roles (Nude & On Topic), just to avoid confusion, ya know.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I really feel that would be a very clarifying abbreviation ..... ;) ;) ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

I like Sabrina Lloyd because I liked her Sliders character Wade Welles. Nothing more than that.
Triela wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:35 pm...
Really, I think people should just post and/or read sensitivecontent links, such as this one for example:

https://sensitivecontent.info/movie.php?id=15127
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:35 pm
Maybe we should start referring to the first definition as NOT-roles (Nude & On Topic), just to avoid confusion, ya know.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
We just named it as 'sensitive content' for new users and old members I easily understood the OT scene reference.

I see too much confusion about the 'Interest' of the actress Ashlyn Sanchez.
¿There is or is not?
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

Triela wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:55 pm Ashlyn Sanchez sadly made just a few movies and stopped at the height of her career, or was stopped by parents(?), maybe.
Awful what happened to her,
I was "What, oh no! Did she die young?" So I looked on Google:
Ashlyn Sanchez was just 12 years old when she was in the highly anticipated movie "The Happening" which was written and directed by one hit wonder M.Night Shymalan whose movies started to flop after Signs..of which The Happening was his first casualty.

She was a young actress whose big break was this movie but because her acting was criticized, she subsequently gave up and now she's a martial artist and director and stunts performer.

https://www.ignboards.com/threads/this- ... 454080201/

She quit acting and she got married, that does not seem TOO terrible to me. I don't understand how M. Night can keep getting paid to make movies if they supposedly "flop". (I dunno if that is actually true, I don't watch them and don't follow box office returns anyway.) If a young actress gives what is supposedly a bad performance in a movie that is supposedly itself bad, I have to lay the blame on the director.

However, I hope and believe that Ashlyn is happier now kicking ass with her martial arts than appearing on camera in the soul-sucking acting business.
It's not unusual if a child actress's career is short-lived, she must deal with many lurking demons, and whether they continue or stop her career is for better or worse, perhaps she finds a better calling off-camera.

Kiersten Pyke, was an actress who was said to have a promising career but accused a well-known actor of having abused her and as a consequence of her ending her career for the young actress, you will see why achieving it is not an easy path.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

They have it on Amazom Prime Video. It seems to be a silent movie.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Signs- ... B0791LZSFZ
Night457
Global Moderator

IMDB lists the Language as American Sign Language, so I am hoping there are subtitles for everyone else.

Oh wait, now I see that it IS captioned.

And also stars ... Margot Kidder! Robert Picardo! I'm excited by the supporting cast!
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 pm I was "What, oh no! Did she die young?" So I looked on Google:
But her getting married is TOO awful, to us/me !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sully23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:04 pm
It's not unusual if a child actress's career is short-lived,(...) Kiersten Pyke, was an actress who was said to have a promising career but accused a well-known actor of having abused her
Who was that?

The only famous actors she worked with were Gabriel Mann, Tom Sizemore, Dylan Sprouse, Treat Williams, Gregory Smith and Chris Pratt
My money is on Pratt, no-one is THAT likeable.... :lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
Or perhaps Sprouse, it seems he carries some "Chinese silver"-trauma around .........

EDIT:
It's Tom Sizemore. Too obvious. Click here!

Also: He DIED DIED DIED DIED, like 4 weeks ago on 3-3-23 !?!?! Ominous...
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I did not put the actor name because I did not run the risk of being accused, it is not the only thing, Harvey Wenstein wanted to be alone with Maddie Ziegler, alleged abuse and subsequent pregnancy in the Zoey 101 series, everything already makes one think things like if Brooke shields or Lara Wendel have become targets of predators in the industry.