Help needed narrowing down eMule problem

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: Help needed narrowing down eMule problem

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I want to thank YOU, Walter, for making me reexamine my own settings. I found I still had the Capacities set to what was appropriate for a few years ago when my Internet speeds were much slower. So I did a speed test and raised them WAY WAY up to match. I wanted to experiment. Then I kept loading current FLM files into eMule, anything as long as I was not currently sharing it, hoping to find ones with strong sources. When that wasn't enough, I did a search for some popular Tom Cruise spy movies with lots of sources, and loaded them. Ultimately I reached the apparent limit of my laptop Wifi card and eMule was starting to lock up, so I had to push the download limit slider down. But it turns out my downloading speeds are much faster than I thought they were. Huh, how about that.

Ultimately it does not matter TOO much, because I have more than I need already anyway. But this means that I may be able to get some downloads faster and then use my bandwidth for something else instead.

Thank you mimzy for pressing the issue of apparently slow limits!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Dramatic? That is 28,000% higher than 80kb/s. Well, I must say I am jealous! Congrats on this news, Walter.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed May 10, 2023 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:28 am I want to thank YOU, Walter, for making me reexamine my own settings. I found I still had the Capacities set to what was appropriate for a few years ago when my Internet speeds were much slower...

Thank you mimzy for pressing the issue of apparently slow limits!
You know, I had recently done this, and found my upload was nearly 4 times higher than I thought it capped at. I am weary about continuously maxing out upload rate over emule, as I don't want to get any automated ISP attention and suffer any speed caps. But I have been experimenting on how fast I can get it to go and it's been fun seeing what it can do. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed May 10, 2023 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walter

Post by Walter »   1 likes

Glad this helped some people other than just myself! :D
Walter

Post by Walter »   1 likes

(P.S. not sure what I did but I now have High ID! :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban )
Night457
Global Moderator

What the heck!??? It must have had something to do with bonmrmjp's directions, and you previously just had not waited long enough for it to take effect. Or something. The dumb luck of some people! Congratulations!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Walter wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:31 pm (P.S. not sure what I did but I now have High ID! :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban :icon_1dancingban )
[Image]
Walter

Post by Walter »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:33 pm What the heck!??? It must have had something to do with bonmrmjp's directions, and you previously just had not waited long enough for it to take effect. Or something. The dumb luck of some people! Congratulations!
Hmm, it didn't occur to me that there could be a delayed effect, I just thought it would happen right away... I guess that must be it, though. :D
Night457
Global Moderator

There is just the server and network connection processing time of a few minutes at most, that is all I was thinking.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Sometimes I get lowID and I have to restart eMule (or possibly just reconnect to server) to get highID.