[REL] Nihon junjo-den okashina futari (1988)

ArtasKo

[REL] Nihon junjo-den okashina futari (1988)

Post by ArtasKo »   2 likes

AKA The Strange Pair

[Image]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0125444/

Based on the comic book by Jūzō Yamasaki and Kei Sadayasu.
Rewiev by Oscar Lau:
The central story revolves around a love triangle between a loan shark, his wife, and their childhood friend who is recently released from jail, but it was told from a fourth-person perspective, an unreliable narrator (at the end of the film it implies the story is an imaginative fabrication of the narrator). There’s a subplot about a seaside cinema having its last show, playing Shima Koji’s 1952 film Shanghai gaeri no Lil, with the then-retired leading man playing a part in this film, thus further blurring the margin between the real and the fabrication. The film is imbued with Obayashi’s idiosyncratic narrative device, absurd slapstick humour, extravagant use of colours (the bright red and blue suits worn by the two leads for instance). But it really took a while for me to figure out the major storyline of the film, and I hardly connect with the characters as Obayashi painted them either cartoonish or excessive. Nevertheless, there’s never a dull moment visually.

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Does anyone have full movie?
Note: I have a few clips from the movie. However moderator (Night457) forbids sharing them.