The good old days

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Davros6

Re: The good old days

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 am
reptile12 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:16 am I dunno much about #MeToo but how is it inspired by it?

To me it was very sad story of a girl who was looking to be loved/understood and just couldn't fit in and so on.
Oh! I was referring to the amount of skin shown, which is minimal compared to 80s and 90s movies with bath & shower scenes. Consider the thread of which this thread was spawned off, "Kundskæbens træ (1981)" for eksempel and the short "Badhuset (1989)" ...or the two nineties movies which, curiously enough perhaps, had the mothers of the young actresses also working with them on the movie: "Sanning eller Konsekvens (1997)" and "Det skaldede spøgelse (1992)"
Another way of looking at it is, back then there was no Internet, any young actress doing an ot scene in modern times will be aware that pics of these scenes will be all over the Internet, which is probably why ot scenes are few and far between. Then again there's been plenty of girls that have done their own personal ot scenes live on video broadcast sites where they know guys are watching.
I drink therefore I am
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:18 am And there are times when I move a bunch of posts to a newly-created thread and then the conversation comes to a screeching halt. Whatever!
Ah, I have noticed that. I for one am glad you moved this thread and still gave it a chance. Although I wouldn't have it any other way, we do seem to be a group that is, on the whole, a bit more reserved when it comes to ourselves (I'm just as withdrawn, myself!). And now I finally get to learn a little more about you guys. ;)

All in all, it seems we share a lot of the the general concerns, especially in our age group.

reptile, I share the same idea. For all the nostalgia for the "good old days", I don't think I'd rather live in any other time period or place, for that matter. If you really wanted to be around during the time you could get away with more on screen, you'd have to go back to the mid 80s to the mid 90s! TB hard drive? Didn't even get 56k til '95 or '96. Anyways, you hit upon a good point, and access to information, faster internet and computers is only part of it. It's hard to pin down exactly what else it is.

"Oh you kid, if only you KNEW now what you will learn later in life. Everything you think is important now is actually utterly meaningless."
Night, also quite poignant. This is one of the things that still disturbs me about the past and my past self. I am not sure I could have made myself understand, the things, habits, and pointless hobbies I had back then amounted to a lot of meaningless, wasted time. The upsetting part is I know I could have done something better with myself back then.

Some other points marvingray and reptile talked about, the amount of selection, options, choices one can have can be mind boggling and might be a source of stress for some individuals. It almost seems like it's the world's response to a cultural growing more "on demand", as you've noted before.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Something bugged me about this thread, and upon re-reading it, I realized it was that "or else"
szijjarto wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:02 am "We weren't offended by anything"
Plenty of people were offended but the people who were not offended didn't care, they had the power and their attitude was "shut the f*ck up or else" for the ones who were offended.
Especially since that or else had serious consequences, the most innocent of those was a weekly beating up because the offending ones got drunk or something. Just seeing Boys Don't Cry (1999) once was enough to imprint that message on my brain and not forget it. And sometimes, the consequences were a tat more serious than that.
The depth and serious of the "or else" are learned by all "out"-groups aka the have-nots, and quickly too. Something about the quick and the dead....
Davros6 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:33 am Then again there's been plenty of girls that have done their own personal ot scenes live on video broadcast sites where they know guys are watching.
Then again, those girls were probably too young to know better. They most likely thought: Well, théy are doing thát, so it's only fair *I* do thát too....
yekaterina

Post by yekaterina »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:33 am Another way of looking at it is, back then there was no Internet, any young actress doing an ot scene in modern times will be aware that pics of these scenes will be all over the Internet, which is probably why ot scenes are few and far between. Then again there's been plenty of girls that have done their own personal ot scenes live on video broadcast sites where they know guys are watching.
I could cite any naturist film but this tv show may be the best reference.
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... loe#p87592
If we say the girls that appear I know they are unaware but the consequences are not negative perhaps because they care if half the world has seen them, I really don't know what Europeans are like but I suppose there are mixed showers mixed bathrooms or male/female changing rooms in the schools, that's a file from 1999, let's assume it was broadcast on a Sunday night (in my place I would appreciate the editing and blurring) as it happened with the Ukrainian models today, they don't regret it.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

yekaterina wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:45 pm I really don't know what Europeans are like but I suppose there are mixed showers mixed bathrooms or male/female changing rooms in the schools,
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ..... NO! Perhaps stop watching Fokkks up news?
For starters, "thé" Europeans are way more diverse than 'Muhricans. The Spain-Sweden difference is a whole bigger than the Texas-Vermont difference, but it's dwarfed by the Hungary+Poland vs Rest of Europe difference
Public nudity? Limited to saunas.

There's no mixing of the kind you say in schools.

[post edited by Moderator]
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   1 likes

In Europe and even here in the UK some swimming pools have mixed changing rooms, and I remember back in the 80s and 90s, if it was separate changing rooms, it would be common for dads to bring daughters into the male changing room.
I drink therefore I am
Airwolf

Post by Airwolf »   0 likes

Mmmm mixed changing rooms? I'm sure you saw Starship Troopers, does anyone remember an FLM movie where boys/girls share changing rooms?
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Airwolf wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:54 pm Mmmm mixed changing rooms?
As far as I'm aware you're supposed to use the changing cubicles in mixed changing rooms.
I drink therefore I am
reptile12

Post by reptile12 »   1 likes

Triela wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:26 am
reptile12 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:16 am I dunno much about #MeToo but how is it inspired by it?

To me it was very sad story of a girl who was looking to be loved/understood and just couldn't fit in and so on.
Oh! I was referring to the amount of skin shown, which is minimal compared to 80s and 90s movies with bath & shower scenes. Consider the thread of which this thread was spawned off, "Kundskæbens træ (1981)" for eksempel and the short "Badhuset (1989)" ...or the two nineties movies which, curiously enough perhaps, had the mothers of the young actresses also working with them on the movie: "Sanning eller Konsekvens (1997)" and "Det skaldede spøgelse (1992)"
There are still new scenes sometimes but yeah not quite the same as old days :/
pillowbaker wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:00 am
reptile, I share the same idea. For all the nostalgia for the "good old days", I don't think I'd rather live in any other time period or place, for that matter. If you really wanted to be around during the time you could get away with more on screen, you'd have to go back to the mid 80s to the mid 90s! TB hard drive? Didn't even get 56k til '95 or '96. Anyways, you hit upon a good point, and access to information, faster internet and computers is only part of it. It's hard to pin down exactly what else it is.
For movies and tv shows it was definitely better in the earlier days, but for almost everything else it's better now I guess. At least for me personally.
I still have nostalgia for the 90s and 00s but not to live in that world, I just like that times change and things change and I'm sure 10-20 years from now will be different from today again, so IDK what I'm even saying but ok
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I have nostalgia for movies from the early 1940s, but not for almost everything else then.