The good old days

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Davros6

The good old days

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Rich wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:48 pm
Great Sunday afternoon movie! If you went to school in the "olden days" or went to a private school this will definately bring back some fond memories and it has a few nice scenes too. ;) Man, things were so much more simple back then :?
I can't ever remember Sunday afternoon movies on UK TV having any shower scenes with young bare boobs and bums, which is a bit of a shame really, as it would have made them more enjoyable :lol:
I drink therefore I am
Triela

The good old days

Post by Triela »   0 likes

ferdi111 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:45 pm
Rich wrote: Man, things were so much more simple back then :?
I agree with that. Although that "more simple" may have different meaning for everyone depend of on which country he/she lived.
I am always quite suspicious of those "Oh! Those good old days" emotions. In education, there's an expression that teachers have been complaining about "Young people these days" since Aristotle founded the first school under that tree.
I agree with Ferdi, I guess the Cubans under Batista, the Iranians under the Shah and the Russians under Stalin et al, might have quite a different opinion on the "simplicity" of the fifties and sixties. Oh well.
goku33

The good old days

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Triela wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:19 am
I am always quite suspicious of those "Oh! Those good old days" emotions. In education, there's an expression that teachers have been complaining about "Young people these days" since Aristotle founded the first school under that tree.
Indeed
https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... ung-adults
Triela

The good old days

goku33 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:01 am Indeed
https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... ung-adults
Some gems from your article:
„Surely, no; a race of effeminate, self-admiring, emaciated fribbles can never have descended in a direct line from the heroes of Potiers and Agincourt...”
I almóst had to look úp some of those words ..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

„When I was trying to buy my first home, I wasn't buying smashed avocado for $19 and four coffees at $4 each.”
I guess this quote won't age well. Future generations are gonna read this and think „$4 for a coffee? So cheap!”

„Millennials have been called the most cautious generation – the first to grow up with car seats and bike helmets, the first not allowed to walk to school or go to the playground alone.”
And whose fault is that? Millenials? Nope. Oh wait! It's the Boomers fault, who are now incessantly whining about millenials!

At least we'll always know that everybody is free to wear sun-screen... right? (click hére)
Davros6

The good old days

Post by Davros6 »   1 likes

Triela wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:31 am
„Millennials have been called the most cautious generation – the first to grow up with car seats and bike helmets, the first not allowed to walk to school or go to the playground alone.”
And whose fault is that? Millenials? Nope. Oh wait! It's the Boomers fault, who are now incessantly whining about millenials!

At least we'll always know that everybody is free to wear sun-screen... right? (click hére)
Being from Generation X (between boomers and millenials) we had seat belts (in the uk) when I was growing up in the 80s, but we never wore bike helmets, some walked/caught bus to school, some got taken by parents in the car. As Al Murray once said - Parents take their kids to school in the car so they don't get run over by parents taking their kids to school in the car, we are raising a generation of flat footed asthmatics with no sense of direction :lol:
We weren't offended by anything, we had no Internet so the only time we saw a naked female was if we found a "gentlemans" magazine that someone had discarded. We didn't have phones with cameras, so girls never sent nude pics, instead they played "I'll show you mine"
This next bit might be a bit controversial, but, you identified as a boy or girl depending on what you were born with downstairs.
I drink therefore I am
szijjarto

The good old days

Post by szijjarto »   1 likes

"We weren't offended by anything"
Plenty of people were offended but the people who were not offended didn't care, they had the power and their attitude was "shut the f*ck up or else" for the ones who were offended.
Night457
Global Moderator

The good old days

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Discussion redirected from [REL] Kundskabens trae (1981) thread.

I am among the worst when it comes to getting totally off the topic of a movie thread, so I recognize it when I see it. I moved it to the General forum.
goku33

Re: The good old days

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:07 am Discussion redirected from [REL] Kundskabens trae (1981) thread.

I am among the worst when it comes to getting totally off the topic of a movie thread, so I recognize it when I see it. I moved it to the General forum.
Bless your soul. I also get off topic often and at the same time get annoyed by threads having numerous pages of offtopic conversations..
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

There are many to redirect and move.
Triela

Davros6 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:21 aminstead they played "I'll show you mine"
Yesss!! Played that just twice, 4 years old with the girl next door. and 7 years old at school on the playground. Now THOSE were the good old days ... :lol: :lol:
This next bit might be a bit controversial, but, you identified as a boy or girl depending on what you were born with downstairs.
Oh? Just cos it wasn't talked about, it doesn't mean transgenders weren't unhappy.
Didn't you have both tomboys and girly-boys who only played with girls at your school/neighbourhood? I did and it was LOOONG before millenials were even a thought in their parents' minds....
Also, 99-100% of the stuff you read about how some kid identifies as a "cat" and therefor demands some type of litterto pee in ... at school?!?. click HÉRE are just right wing memes pumped around by putin (not unlikely) cos he knows it increases Western polarisation.
szijjarto wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:02 am "We weren't offended by anything"
Plenty of people were offended but the people who were not offended didn't care, they had the power and their attitude was "shut the f*ck up or else" for the ones who were offended.
Yup. Exactamundo #WhatHeSaid
Night457 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:07 am Discussion redirected from [REL] Kundskabens trae (1981) thread (...) I moved it to the General forum.
Thank you Night, that was a good move ... pun intended. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Triela on Sat May 27, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.