[REL] The Artifice Girl (2022)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] The Artifice Girl (2022)

Post by kev »   3 likes

The Artifice Girl (2022)

OMG! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Has anyone ever heard of this movie? It quietly slipped under the radar last year while 'M3gan' was getting all the pre-release attention..

A much more subtle, thought-provoking movie than M3gan even wanted to be. It might seem slow moving to some as it is absolutely dialogue-driven [LOTSA talking!!]; but I found it fascinating, and the titular girl, Cherry [ Tatum Matthews ] is riveting when she's onscreen.. I think Tatum won some awards for this role and she definitely deserved them: Despite playing an AI character she'll tear your heart out! :heart :heart :heart (And NOT in a bad way!! :heart )

Synopsis:
A team of special agents discovers a revolutionary new computer program to bait and trap online predators. After teaming up with the program's troubled developer, as the years pass, they find that the AI is rapidly advancing beyond its original purpose.
Pix:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

PERSONAL NOTE: DON'T LOOK FOR, WATCH, READ ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS MOVIE. JUST WATCH IT. The element of not knowing what the hell I was in for, made this an even more enjoyable experience. For me, at least...

She had me teared up a couple of times [actually, that's probably not all that hard to do... :lol: ], almost bawlin'... :icon_frown2

Well worth a watch, guys.. (Despite her overall 'Primary Objective' [taking down online child predators] there is no exploitative material in this film. ;) )

Available Here:
https://yts.mx/movies/the-artifice-girl-2022
https://ulozto.cz/file/Dr2oHAE93j9Y/the ... thGzAuBN==
https://ulozto.cz/file/K66Lq6L2sTk5/the ... qmswpjLj==
If you don't feel right about d/loading free shiite: :P
https://www.amazon.com/Artifice-Girl-Ta ... B0BZBC7N1L

Seriously: Don't even watch the trailer... :thumbsup

kev.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REQ] The Artifice Girl (2022)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

kev wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:11 am DON'T LOOK FOR, WATCH, READ ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS MOVIE. JUST WATCH IT.
But you posted that warning before giving the source links!!!! So I cheated and read the rest of your post. Don't worry, I almost never watch trailers anyway.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks, kev. I already noticed this movie and scrolled through the movie at Amazon Prime. The girl has much too less screentime to my oponion. :(
Night457
Global Moderator

It did take a third of the movie until her character showed up, but then she was in every scene until the end except for three fairly short ones. (One of those was a flashback, and the other two still showed her photograph.) But I get why you would want more of her.

The remaining characters have quite a bit of screen time because
Spoiler:

the passing of the Turing Test depends on the judgment of humans, so we have to see their reactions to her.
Thank you kev! I took 10 minutes to download the yts.mx torrent and then I watched it RIGHT AWAY. (That is an immediacy record for me.) I have been struggling to pay attention through feature length films lately, but THIS one kept me engaged throughout. I have to admit that I did not have the emotional reaction to it that you did, but I liked it quite a bit.
I'm not trading bishops this time.
Spoiler:

Lance Henriksen, Bishop?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

It did take a third of the movie until her character showed up, but then she was in every scene until
I think I have expressed myself wrongly. What I wanted to say was, that most of the time you only see her on a screen (as far as I can remember).
But I'l give it a second try. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

OHHHHHH, the screen within OUR screen! Well, kev did reveal that she is an AI character, so she is kind of stuck there I guess...
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:25 am
kev wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:11 am DON'T LOOK FOR, WATCH, READ ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS MOVIE. JUST WATCH IT.
But you posted that warning before giving the source links!!!! So I cheated and read the rest of your post. Don't worry, I almost never watch trailers anyway.
:lol:

I originally wrote that line above the 'Synopsis', then I realized that I wanted readers to finish my post and changed it's location to after the 'Pix'.. Methinks now I should have moved it even farther down. :think

(Hell, it was in the wee hours of the AM when I finished the movie, checked here and realized it wasn't at FLM yet and excitedly made my post. I's gittin' to be's an old man and loose my train'o'thought that late..) :o

Night457 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:58 am It did take a third of the movie until her character showed up, but then she was in every scene until the end except for three fairly short ones. (One of those was a flashback, and the other two still showed her photograph.) But I get why you would want more of her.
I actually started writing a line that mentioned it took awhile for her character to appear onscreen [onscreen :P ], and then it was pretty much just a face shot on a TV screen, but I thought that might be too much of a spoiler... :|
Night457 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:58 am
I'm not trading bishops this time.
Spoiler:

Lance Henriksen, Bishop?
OMG!!!
NIGHT; YOU ARE AMAZINGLY OBSERVANT!! :cool: I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT!!! :o

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. :heart Like I said, I watched it late into the night and when I'm tired or sick, I tend to be hyper-emotional. Heart-on-my-sleeve sorta thing... :lol: (The following is for Night and anyone who has seen the movie. Not BIG spoilers, but enough to take the element of surprise away.. ;) )
Spoiler:

I really was amazed at how Tatum delivered her lines involving the clinical and scientific material. It was late, I know, and I was fully immersed in the premise of the film so that might have skewed my perception; but I never was pulled out of that world thinking 'It sounds like she's delivering lines off a script and she has no idea what she's talking about...' I was totally there: This was a super-intelligent sentient AI being telling her audience what she knows in a way they could understand it..

I first sorta got a hitch in my breath when she broke her onscreen demeanor and cried out "OKAY, just stop! God, you people are so impulsive.." That scene reminded me of the movie ' Twins' with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito.

(More precisely; the scene in the film where their characters are at the house of the doctor who 'created' them trying to get answers about their origin. At first he's belligerent and denies knowing who they are and Arnold's character gets upset and gets physical with the doctor. Devito's character is confused and just wants to leave, when the doctor finally relents and says something like 'You both turned out just like I expected you would...' and Devito realizes everything Arnold had told him, to that point in the film, was true..)

Then, of course, I was on teary-edge the whole last sequence when Lance/Old Garth arrived at her house and had his conversation with her. Especially her 'You Lied!' soliloquy..

And finally... There was 'The Dance'!! The dance, as amateurish as it was, was her truly expressing herself lost in the movement, lost in the song; no sequence of '1's' and 'Zero's', no one telling her how to move: It was just her; a kid dancing to the music.. (Another similar cinematic reference for me is the short film ' Le livre de Marie AKA The Book of Mary (1985) ' At one point [maybe the end too; it's been years...] Marie breaks into a spontaneous dance around her living room, very similar to Cherry's. (Or should I say, Cherry's dance was similar to hers.. ;) )

Anyway, DO check out Tatum Matthews IMDb page as she has a number of short films that would probably be appropriate here. :)

kev.

(Just did a 'Preview' and realized that inside the 'Spoiler' box that when you use bracket tags they enlarge for some reason [smilies, too]... Is there a way to do what I was trying to do with out things getting WAAYYY out of proportion? :think Jes wonderin'... :roll: )

Also [ I hate to beg but ] ; PLEASE, somebody post an eD2k link so this thread can become an official [REL]. I would; but I'm still having eMule issues, and can't pull up the machine on my computer.. :wall

kev. (Again..)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   31 likes

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] The Artifice Girl (2022)

kev wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:42 pm NIGHT; YOU ARE AMAZINGLY OBSERVANT!!
I dunno about that. SciFi film directors are usually SciFi film nerds ... and so am I ... so Lance's most famous of his many roles seemed like an obvious reference. I have seen the movies YOU named in your Spoilers, but the connections you made did not jump out at me as they did for you.

I watched it late at night when I was insomniac and also nurturing a bad mood, so I guess the best I could do was "coolly analytical." I also was impressed with Tatum's technical line delivery, which I know is tough for actors to make believable. (Star Trek actors have commented about the scientific gobbledygook they had to spout.)

I was still insomniac after the movie and returning to IMDB, so I did check out two of her short films on YouTube. I did not like them because they were poorly written, so I did not post them. But she has done others, and I may like them. Even in the shorts I did not like, I at least appreciated HER. If only they had left out the adult cast members. :D

Thank you ghost for posting the links! The fourth one (3.22Gb) is the same as kev's second ulozto link. I watched the yts torrent that took me only ten minutes to get while my computer worked on the larger uloz file. I had dumped the uloz one in my shared folder after downloading it because I noticed it was being shared in eMule already, but I had not had the chance to personally check out the download and verify that everything worked as I hoped it would. I got burned recently by recommending a file that turned out to have a problem, so I did not want to do it again ... at least so soon! I do not think there is an issue with this one, however.
c4po

Re: [REL] The Artifice Girl (2022)

Post by c4po »   1 likes

I've downloaded the first of the four links Ghost posted.

The audio is in English.

Optional English and Spanish subtitles are included.

Example Screenshot attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.