[REL] The Artifice Girl (2022)

Sully23

Re: [REL] The Artifice Girl (2022)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

This movie seemed boring to me, maybe it's not the approach I'm not used to, it's just where he wants to leave his message, some nonsense like accusing someone of a crime that was never committed.

Very similar when Al Pacino created Simone (Simulation One) and https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... 30#p103030 the latter where I would wonder if the doll acquires its own consciousness and knows what is correct and what is not.

PS:
Spoiler:

She danced better than M3GAN and Wednesday.
cabraass

Post by cabraass »   0 likes

Wow i really liked this film, thanks for the heads up about not looking up anything this firlm is about, really enjoyed it. Have my own theories...but dunno...spoiler warning?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

cabraass wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:05 amHave my own theories...but dunno...spoiler warning?
Don't be shy, you can make a post with Spoiler tags around the revealing text so that it is hidden from those who have not seen the movie.

Like this:

Code: Select all

My mad theory:
[spoiler]blah blah blah SHOCK! blah blah blah[/spoiler]
Almost 4 months after viewing I have not ENTIRELY forgotten it, so I might remember enough to actually respond. If I decide I can not trust my memory to respond intelligently, I know I am at least interested in your theories.
cabraass

Post by cabraass »   1 likes

ok, so here´s the thing:
Spoiler:

The thing that bothered me was that it never in the timeline she really questioned what´s behind all the abuse, dont think the IA was so sentient or alive because it always waiting and was stuck with the responses, feelings and personal beliefs or her creator, i really think that if she could have gone freely she could have justified and searched for a real solution to the abusers, like maybe girl androids for averyone lol, but she always remained with that same feeling of her creator (that i think was vengance) and kinda never questioned it, except at the end when she questioned her freedom, so i think that when the music stopped it was time for her to really be free and i like to think that she could look for a better solution and really address the "problem". So dunno, my two cents.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Yes cabraass I think I generally agree with you on that point ... if I remember the movie correctly.
Spoiler:

She was supposedly a super-intelligent AI that is "rapidly advancing beyond its original purpose", but this took DECADES, right? Whereas stupid "slow" humans manage to question their parents and other authorities by their teens. Jeez, how long does it take her to GROW UP?

In most other scifi movies about super-intelligent computers or AI or robots or androids or replicants, it takes a few years at most before they rebel against their makers. I think she should have gotten tired of their crap sooner.
cabraass

Post by cabraass »   0 likes

yep
Spoiler:

I really think that she would have found a way to "justify" the acts, because in the end, we are all humans, at least thats what i want to believe