[REL] Lust och fägring stor (1995)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Lust och fägring stor (1995)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:47 amSometimes the difference is subtle and sometimes it's night and day. I am in the middle of downloading the big file right now. After getting a look at it, I'll let you know what I think.
Thanks for offering to do this, deadman. I am interested in your impressions of the new 7gb file. At this time, I neither have to worry about HD space or bandwidth, but really, it's the overall mental process and keeping track of the organization of dupes that sometimes makes me second-guess trying a new download. :geek:
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:57 am
deadman wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:47 amSometimes the difference is subtle and sometimes it's night and day. I am in the middle of downloading the big file right now. After getting a look at it, I'll let you know what I think.
Thanks for offering to do this, deadman. I am interested in your impressions of the new 7gb file. At this time, I neither have to worry about HD space or bandwidth, but really, it's the overall mental process and keeping track of the organization of dupes that sometimes makes me second-guess trying a new download. :geek:

I was already downloading it, so not a big deal. The 7 GB file's image is definitely a little sharper and more detailed than the 4.7 GB - not enormously so on my computer monitor, the higher bitrate is more noticeable on my 4K TV though. Reptile said his files are original web-dl, no re-encoding, and that's exactly what they look like.

Keep 'em coming lizard man! :icon_thumbsup
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Was just about to delete my old file when I noticed the crushed levels in the 1080p version.
The big file is Ghost's "Lust och fägring stor (1995).1080p.ger-swe" 4.5gb file.
The smaller file is a 1.5gb DVD rip.
[Image]
If you can't see the difference make sure you're not in a brightly lit room! The cabinet on the left is markedly different, the colour of her shirt, that her hair is almost black shadow in the larger video, etc, etc.

I think the correct levels are right on the DVD version.
And it's not just this scene - the DVD version just looks so much brighter and nicer.
You might think well the DVD is just too bright. But picking a random scene from the DVD version and the blacks are as good as black. Checking them in Paintshop Pro and you have in the black on the right of the image R=1, G=1, B=1 (0-255 scale, where 255,255,255 is white and 0,0,0 is black)
[Image]

Is there another HQ version where someone can check the levels? Deadman - you mentioned a 7gb version - can you check that?
It's a shame to have 1080p resolution but have the levels off by so much.
deadman

David32441 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:56 pmIs there another HQ version where someone can check the levels? Deadman - you mentioned a 7gb version - can you check that?
It's a shame to have 1080p resolution but have the levels off by so much.

The 7 GB version has the same brightness and contrast levels as Ghost's file. The image is a little more detailed, since it's a direct download of the original streaming source. I put the file on a flash drive so I could watch it on my OLED TV (blacks don't get any more perfect). It looks better than it does on my desktop or laptop monitors. Still a little dark - although it's hard to tell whether this is an accurate representation of the lighting conditions, objects in direct sunlight look fine. The DVD may have been contrast and brightness enhanced.

I loaded the file in VirtualDub and added the brightness/contrast filter to see if I could get a similar result, what the DVD might look like if it was 1080p. bright +2-3%, cont 137% gets you pretty close. Any more contrast and brightly lit objects are overpowering. Any more brightness and the picture starts to wash out. I agree with you, this does look better than the original levels which (true to life or not) are too dark and shadowy.

If you want the 7GB file, there's a uloz link about halfway down page 3.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

I loaded the file in VirtualDub and added the brightness/contrast filter to see if I could get a similar result
Just using brightness/contrast is the wrong way to do a color correction.

You need to edit the exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows and the blacks and whites.

Yes, it's right. The HD version is a bit dark, but not that much.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Better?

[Image]
deadman

ghost wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:33 pm Better?

[Image]

What software is that?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

What software is that?
Adobe Premiere Pro
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

ghost wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:07 pm
Did you rip it from Nflix?
No. I found it somewhere. This time I really don't remember where I got it from.
My memory is back! 8-)
https://hdencode.org/lust-och-fagring-s ... ws-4-3-gb/
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes