[REL] Some Things That Stay (2004)

Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Some Things That Stay (2004)

[Image]
A coming-of-age story of a teenage girl from a liberal upbringing who moves to a conservative baptist community in rural 1950s America. Adated from the novel by Sarah Willis .
I don't usually like to see movies while they're still in theaters because of high ticket prices but I saw a poster for Some Things That Stay and I thought, "that young actress looks intelligent and mysterious, not like the usual blonde teenybopper BS". So I decided to take the plunge and see this movie on it's opening night.

I must tell you, I was happily surprised. I went to this film with no expectations. I didn't really know what it would be about, but the raw emotion and honest teenage experiences expressed by Katie Boland left me feeling rather satisfied with my decision. Alberta Watson also did a fantastic job as the role of Tamara's disease-stricken mother and I must also add that I was quite impressed with the comedic stylings of Megan Park as Tamara's friend Brenda.

The film was wonderfully directed by Gail Harvey, and pulled together in the kind of kitschy 50's way that leaves you feeling warm and happy, even if the storyline tended not to be so uplifting. I also thought that the film was well-shot, many beautiful images of a 1950's countryside will remain in my mind for weeks to come.

This film as a whole was quirky and great. I found it to be unpredictable and although the story ends in a somewhat open-ended way, I was still left satisfied. Whether you are looking for a fun, yet powerful coming-of-age story, or simply want to reminisce about life in the 1950's, I guarantee this film is for you. Even if you have no expectations, it is still quite likely that you will be most impressed. Give this one a shot!
Stars Katie Boland, she used to star in 'The Zack Files', mostly just walk-in roles, but when she walked-in she looked fantastic!!! Zack Files were great and really watchable with her starring, btw they are now available on DVD :D

thanks ;)

p.s. talking of US TV series look out for "Marina Malota" in Odd Man Out...

http://www.stargalaxy.com/movie_index.p ... ie_id=2157

and Lorena in Brothers Garcia :D

8)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378786/
Rich

Re: [REL] Some Things That Stay (2004)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Here you go... a few images from http://thezackfiles.tvheaven.com it's a shame she had such a small role :cry:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

;)
Rich

Post by Rich »   24 likes

Some Things That Stay (2004)

Stars Katie Boland :love:

[Image]
A coming-of-age story of a teenage girl from a liberal upbringing who moves to a conservative baptist community in rural 1950s America. Adated from the novel by Sarah Willis .
I don't usually like to see movies while they're still in theaters because of high ticket prices but I saw a poster for Some Things That Stay and I thought, "that young actress looks intelligent and mysterious, not like the usual blonde teenybopper BS". So I decided to take the plunge and see this movie on it's opening night.

I must tell you, I was happily surprised. I went to this film with no expectations. I didn't really know what it would be about, but the raw emotion and honest teenage experiences expressed by Katie Boland left me feeling rather satisfied with my decision. Alberta Watson also did a fantastic job as the role of Tamara's disease-stricken mother and I must also add that I was quite impressed with the comedic stylings of Megan Park as Tamara's friend Brenda.

The film was wonderfully directed by Gail Harvey, and pulled together in the kind of kitschy 50's way that leaves you feeling warm and happy, even if the storyline tended not to be so uplifting. I also thought that the film was well-shot, many beautiful images of a 1950's countryside will remain in my mind for weeks to come.

This film as a whole was quirky and great. I found it to be unpredictable and although the story ends in a somewhat open-ended way, I was still left satisfied. Whether you are looking for a fun, yet powerful coming-of-age story, or simply want to reminisce about life in the 1950's, I guarantee this film is for you. Even if you have no expectations, it is still quite likely that you will be most impressed. Give this one a shot!
http://imdb.com/title/tt0378786/

French version is available :?

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.02 Mb]

Thanks ;)
Rich

Post by Rich »   18 likes

This is only for fans of Katie, otherwise I would say it's a boring chick flick :evil: Why can't directors in the US do something interesting with young talent :P

Like this post to see ed2k links  [694.70 Mb]
billanben

Post by billanben »   24 likes

Here you go - looks plenty sources

enjoy
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

probably nothing very interesting but i'm a fan of hers, thanks again :bigups
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Rich wrote:Some Things That Stay (2004)

[Image]

Stars Katie Boland, she used to star in 'The Zack Files', mostly just walk-in roles, but when she walked-in she looked fantastic!!! Zack Files were great and really watchable with her starring, btw they are now available on DVD :D
[Image]

Actually I think she favors a young MARIEL HEMINGWAY:

[Image]

(Look at the face, look at the FACE!!! :thumbsup )

Cute. ;)

kev.
FLL

Post by FLL »   41 likes

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0378786/
After years of moving, 15-year-old Tamara (Katie Boland) is tired of starting over. When her unconventional family relocates to a conservative country town, she discovers new friends, new romance-and a chance at a normal life. But just as she begins to feel at home, her mother is hospitalized, forcing young Tamara to grow up quickly and find the strength to keep her family from falling apart. Set in rural 1950's America, this luminous coming-of-age story tells a compelling tale of courage, faith, and the incredible power of forgiveness.
[Image]
[Image]

An enjoyable and sometimes moving period film from Canada. Depending on how you define OT (heh) the whole film is such, since Katie Boland as Tamara is on screen basically 100% of the time. Tamara's seven year old sister Megan is also of interest. Those with a more narrow definition may want to skip to the clip.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [30.26 Mb]
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Thanks man
fwtt

Post by fwtt »   0 likes

Yeah, thanks, FLL :)