[REL] Hotaru no hoshi (2003)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Hotaru no hoshi (2003)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:19 pm Hey it worked! Someone kindly seeded the DVD9 to me steadily over the day. I sent them a cigar.
I made my RELease in part because I was pessimistic about an unshared torrent coming back to life anytime soon. I am glad my reverse psychology worked on it! ;) Looking forward to it!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Looking forward to it!
Me too! :P
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:39 pm I made my RELease in part because I was pessimistic about an unshared torrent coming back to life anytime soon. I am glad my reverse psychology worked on it! ;) Looking forward to it!
Well, it certainly wasn't one of those btdig torrents, which I was curious about, as one of them was labeled as 1080p!

The DVD9 came from CG, and I am usually able to get unseeded torrents from there.
Night457
Global Moderator

Ah, the advantage of private torrents: you can contact potential Seeders!
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   7 likes

CG has a neat feature that lets you know if there's a torrent-- one with a leecher, that also has limited seeders, and is one that you've fully downloaded, and that you are not currently seeding. Great little system. Kinda like the requested files page, except it tells you if you have it.

Gotta wait a little longer for emuling, so I decided to make a mega link for those interested for the time being. EDIT: emule links posted. If you grabbed it from mega, would you consider helping me source over emule? Awww thanks, dude.

Fireflies- River of Light AKA Hotaru no hoshi (2003) R2J NTSC DVD9, 7.61gb

emule:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [7.61 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [8.2 Kb]

Mega links:

DVD9 ISO - https://mega.nz/file/bE5ySYgR#ldjtgl5uy ... zFhcNjwXQI
DVD9 mds - https://mega.nz/file/7cBhHZiI#tyfsdieHk ... GSBq2Ny6bM

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

I am looking into why my VLC screenshots are coming out at different aspect ratios. I have it set to the correct AR, but some of them squish up anyways, while the others stay correct.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:14 am I am looking into why my VLC screenshots are coming out at different aspect ratios. I have it set to the correct AR, but some of them squish up anyways, while the others stay correct.
I remember someone here experienced that, so I guess it was you. I thought it was just an oddball DVD. But, now, again? I have no idea.

Thanks for sharing!
pillowbaker

No problemo.

This movie looks pretty sweet so far. I've definitely enjoyed what I've watched so far.

I forgot to mention that, of course, this is a Japanese DVD, so the menus are in Japanese. Anyone here, I am sure, who doesn't mind tinkering with playback options will be able to navigate just fine, but I thought I'd list it out.

[Image]

1st option - Play movie
2nd - Chapter select
3rd - Special features / Film crew info and statements
4th - Special features / Previews, trailers, interviews, making of, clickable map, clickable larvae

There are a decent amount of special features on this DVD. Coolness.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhisis66

Post by Rhisis66 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:14 am CG has a neat feature that lets you know if there's a torrent-- one with a leecher, that also has limited seeders, and is one that you've fully downloaded, and that you are not currently seeding. Great little system. Kinda like the requested files page, except it tells you if you have it.

Gotta wait a little longer for emuling, so I decided to make a mega link for those interested for the time being. Maybe once I put it on emule, those who use this link can help me source it for a while?

Fireflies- River of Light AKA Hotaru no hoshi (2003) R2J NTSC DVD9, 7.61gb

DVD9 ISO - https://mega.nz/file/bE5ySYgR#ldjtgl5uy ... zFhcNjwXQI
DVD9 mds - https://mega.nz/file/7cBhHZiI#tyfsdieHk ... GSBq2Ny6bM

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

I am looking into why my VLC screenshots are coming out at different aspect ratios. I have it set to the correct AR, but some of them squish up anyways, while the others stay correct.
wow! can you put a screenshot of the main menu? :lol:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks a lot for the DVD, pilowbaker! I'm curious.
pillowbaker

Rhisis66 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:11 am wow! can you put a screenshot of the main menu? :lol:

Sure, done. I put the screenshots in my previous two posts.