[REL] Der Richter und das Mädchen (1995)

Spartan83

Re: [REL] Der Richter und das Mädchen (1995)

Post by Spartan83 »   1 likes

I ended up using mullvad instead of my previous vpn
Topper

Post by Topper »   0 likes

Ok I am beginner....I have a question why we don't simply upload it in mov or mp4 on web.....before it gets removed we all already downloaded it
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Topper wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:07 pm Ok I am beginner....I have a question why we don't simply upload it in mov or mp4 on web.....before it gets removed we all already downloaded it
Because that method will always have to rely on a central server storing and serving the file, while eMuke/the ed2k and KAD Network are a (fairly) decentralized p2p (peer to peer) technology. (And the ed2k servers don’t story any actual files). EMule is more robust against censoring, dmca removals and file hosts changing their Terms-Of-Service. Just look at all the forums with now dead links to uploaded.net, share-online.biz, megaupload.com, zippyshare.com etc.

With eMule, someone like @Ghost doesn’t have to constantly re-upload his AI Upscales to a different file host.

I do understand - as I’m a fairly new users myself - that setting up and getting familiar with eMule can be challenging and in some cases difficult regarding privacy (if you’re not used to paying for a VPN which I highly recommend for port forwarding as well).
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Goku explained it excellently. Thank you!
Topper wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:07 pm .....before it gets removed we all already downloaded it
FLM has been around for 19 years. By your logic, newer users are just out of luck if they want an old file. Only dedicated old timers would have the old files, and if someone else wants it they would say "Sorry, I already uploaded it 14 years ago. You missed it. You snooze, you lose. Ha ha!"

Once eMule is set up and working, it is very easy to reshare when asked: just put a file in a shared folder and leave eMule running. There are oldtimers who DO exactly that, so movie files are potentially available for resurrection with ease.

The fact that you mention MOV files suggests you might be an Apple Mac user, although I don't think MOV is used much now. I have read that setting up eMule on a Mac involves some extra work. I think most Mac eMule users usually use a Windows emulator.
goku33

Night457 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 3:28 pm Goku explained it excellently. Thank you!
Topper wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:07 pm .....before it gets removed we all already downloaded it
FLM has been around for 19 years. By your logic, newer users are just out of luck if they want an old file. Only dedicated old timers would have the old files, and if someone else wants it they would say "Sorry, I already uploaded it 14 years ago. You missed it. You snooze, you lose. Ha ha!"

Once eMule is set up and working, it is very easy to reshare when asked: just put a file in a shared folder and leave eMule running. There are oldtimers who DO exactly that, so movie files are potentially available for resurrection with ease.

The fact that you mention MOV files suggests you might be an Apple Mac user, although I don't think MOV is used much now. I have read that setting up eMule on a Mac involves some extra work. I think most Mac eMule users usually use a Windows emulator.
To add to that: there could still be older or former flm members that don’t even visit the forum anymore but could still have eMule running in the background, sharing old files. And indeed with eMule (most of the time) no one has to submit a formal reshare/reupload request because if you’re lucky the file is simply still being shared (for years).
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Right. I know for a fact that there are current members who share everything they have with multi-terabyte RAIDs. They know they do not have to respond to Reshare Requests because if they have it, then it is already shared! Maybe someday I will have that kind of equipment set up.

I can only guess at the behavior of non-FLM members.
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

I usually try to find things on othere sources such as VK or uloz, due to the fact I don't have a PC or laptop and have to rely on mobile phone and mobile network.
So I use this site more as a guide to films, but I do comment as well so it's not like I'm just lurking in the shadows :lol:
And I don't make stupid comments like I saw the other day from someone commenting negatively regarding the sort of movies that are mentioned on here, I appreciate these films, as many of us do.
I drink therefore I am
goku33

Davros6 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:11 pm I usually try to find things on othere sources such as VK or uloz, due to the fact I don't have a PC or laptop and have to rely on mobile phone and mobile network.
So I use this site more as a guide to films, but I do comment as well so it's not like I'm just lurking in the shadows :lol:
And I don't make stupid comments like I saw the other day from someone commenting negatively regarding the sort of movies that are mentioned on here, I appreciate these films, as many of us do.
No worries, honestly for many years I also didn’t have a proper computer or laptop but used some old netbook (10“ screen) with some crappy intelAtom CPU and 1GB of RAM. When it broke, I used a smartphone (also 1GB ram) for many years. When they were cheap I also used a raspberry pi.

Do you put most stuff into the cloud or do you keep a dozen (micro)SD cards you can insert into the phone? To be fair, some cloud storage is Fairly cheap these days if someone doesn’t want To make the big investment in a big computer/laptop or 10TB hard drives..
Personally, I just wish I had gone the route of buying a computer Second hand earlier. Like it’s amazing how much you get nowadays for a hundred bucks. But maybe I’m just easily impressed because I used low end machines for years. As you can imagine, the jump from 1GB of RAM to 8GB was big for me. Same as finally having some intel i5 cpu…when I came from intelATom and old dualcore CPU’s!

Again: as long as someone doesn’t plan on playing the newest A+ games - an old dell optiplex will do just fine for 70-100€. Or a Thinkpad Laptop for 150€. No need to buy some 600-1000€ Machine! (It’s like some girls getting a 1500€ MacBook just to use Gmail and Netflix.. such an overkill unless they want to do video editing etc.
szijjarto

Post by szijjarto »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 11:59 am
Davros6 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:11 pm I usually try to find things on othere sources such as VK or uloz, due to the fact I don't have a PC or laptop and have to rely on mobile phone and mobile network.
No worries, honestly for many years I also didn’t have a proper computer or laptop but used some old netbook (10“ screen) with some crappy intelAtom CPU and 1GB of RAM. When it broke, I used a smartphone (also 1GB ram) for many years. When they were cheap I also used a raspberry pi.

Do you put most stuff into the cloud or do you keep a dozen (micro)SD cards you can insert into the phone? To be fair, some cloud storage is Fairly cheap these days if someone doesn’t want To make the big investment in a big computer/laptop or 10TB hard drives..
Personally, I just wish I had gone the route of buying a computer Second hand earlier. Like it’s amazing how much you get nowadays for a hundred bucks. But maybe I’m just easily impressed because I used low end machines for years. As you can imagine, the jump from 1GB of RAM to 8GB was big for me. Same as finally having some intel i5 cpu…when I came from intelATom and old dualcore CPU’s!

Again: as long as someone doesn’t plan on playing the newest A+ games - an old dell optiplex will do just fine for 70-100€. Or a Thinkpad Laptop for 150€. No need to buy some 600-1000€ Machine! (It’s like some girls getting a 1500€ MacBook just to use Gmail and Netflix.. such an overkill unless they want to do video editing etc.
I bought a used (in some goverment office) Fujitsu Esprimo P710 1,5 years ago for about 100 euros. Older i5 cpu, 16gb ram, 250 gb ssd, 500 GB hdd. Since I don't play games it's good for basically everything.
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Yeah I've got a couple of 32gb sd cards, plus any links that are Mega I store on my Mega cloud.
I drink therefore I am