[REL] Walkabout (1971)

VincentFinster

Re: [REL] Walkabout (1971)

Post by VincentFinster »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Walkabout (1971).1080p.bluray.ac3.x264-sos.mkv
Anybody else having problems with this video? It gets to 1:26:17 and then freezes. Tried both VLC and Window's Movies and TV app.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

VincentFinster wrote:
deadman wrote: Walkabout (1971).1080p.bluray.ac3.x264-sos.mkv
Anybody else having problems with this video? It gets to 1:26:17 and then freezes. Tried both VLC and Window's Movies and TV app.
Somehow that file became corrupted. I re-downloaded it from my own links and it plays properly again. Not sure exactly when this happened, anyone who has a version that doesn't play right - either freezes up or in the case of MPC, which I use, buffers before playing - please delete it from your shared folder so the defective copy doesn't continue spreading.

Sorry about that VincentFinster! And thank you for calling my attention to the problem. You can get rid of your copy and download again, or use my direct links, whichever you prefer.
VincentFinster

Post by VincentFinster »   0 likes

deadman wrote:
Somehow that file became corrupted. I re-downloaded it from my own links and it plays properly again. Not sure exactly when this happened, anyone who has a version that doesn't play right - either freezes up or in the case of MPC, which I use, buffers before playing - please delete it from your shared folder so the defective copy doesn't continue spreading.

Sorry about that VincentFinster! And thank you for calling my attention to the problem. You can get rid of your copy and download again, or use my direct links, whichever you prefer.
That's weird that it did that. I deleted my copy. That's a big file to download twice. For now I'm going to try Starfish21's smaller version. I might need a reshare though, if anyone's still got that version.

I really like this movie and want to finish it, so if that doesn't work out I'll try yours again.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

VincentFinster wrote:That's weird that it did that. I deleted my copy. That's a big file to download twice. For now I'm going to try Starfish21's smaller version. I might need a reshare though, if anyone's still got that version.

I really like this movie and want to finish it, so if that doesn't work out I'll try yours again.
The external drive I have my shared folder on is more than five years old - one spontaneously corrupted file may be an early warning sign of trouble coming. I'm copying files to a newer and larger drive just in case. By the time a HD really starts to fail, you're racing against the clock to save what you can. Rather not be in that position.

Do you have a usenet subscription? Most of what I post here I also post there, on a.b.movies.thelostmovies. In the case of this gem not only the blu-ray rip but also the full BD50, which is much too big to share here.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

VincentFinster wrote:For now I'm going to try Starfish21's smaller version. I might need a reshare though, if anyone's still got that version.
If Starfish21's version does not work for you and you still want a smaller file, and you can handle doing a direct-download, then THIS might be good for you:

https://ulozto.net/file/B155VkW6O3Dp/wa ... qzIGyzAj==

1.7GB, 1080p, in English. I always use the free downloading at Uloz, and it is usually faster than the stated time. (If your speeds are good enough, that is.)

This is an excellent movie, one of my favorites!

Subtitles are surely at opensubtitles.org, if needed, but the site is down right now so I can not check.
VincentFinster

Post by VincentFinster »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:
VincentFinster wrote:For now I'm going to try Starfish21's smaller version. I might need a reshare though, if anyone's still got that version.
If Starfish21's version does not work for you and you still want a smaller file, and you can handle doing a direct-download, then THIS might be good for you:

https://ulozto.net/file/B155VkW6O3Dp/wa ... qzIGyzAj==

1.7GB, 1080p, in English. I always use the free downloading at Uloz, and it is usually faster than the stated time. (If your speeds are good enough, that is.)

This is an excellent movie, one of my favorites!

Subtitles are surely at opensubtitles.org, if needed, but the site is down right now so I can not check.
That should work nicely, thank you.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

deadman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 am A …
Pidax in Germany released a new BluRay, on the cover they Say „newly 4k scanned“.

Im not sure if it’s newer than the criterion scan. There has been a previous German BluRay release a decade ago.

I am downloading it ..if I got free hdd space again lol

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:57 am Pidax in Germany released a new BluRay, on the cover they Say „newly 4k scanned“.

Im not sure if it’s newer than the criterion scan.
(Note: the Criterion blu-ray is from 2010 and is a 2k scan.)

As far as blu-ray release comparisons go, if this German version has the same scan and restoration that Second Sight UK released in 2020, it will look fantastic.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:44 pm
goku33 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:57 am Pidax in Germany released a new BluRay, on the cover they Say „newly 4k scanned“.

Im not sure if it’s newer than the criterion scan.
(Note: the Criterion blu-ray is from 2010 and is a 2k scan.)

As far as blu-ray release comparisons go, if this German version has the same scan and restoration that Second Sight UK released in 2020, it will look fantastic.
I’ll let you know what the German distributor says.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Will you contact them directly? Cool.

I don't remember exactly how I first saw the movie, but I do remember being VERY impressed. This is one of the major movies that changed how I viewed and thought about film. I am pretty sure at one time I watched the Criterion laserdisc in a library, and I have been buying the various format upgrades since. The out-of-print Second Sight limited edition blu-ray release is one of my cherished possessions (standard edition still available) and I do not need the German dub, but I bet there are others here who would appreciate an upgrade. The Criterion 2010 blu-ray release was great for its time and was the best available version for quite some time, but it has since been improved in the eyes of many. (Of course there are always dissenting views.)