Re: [REL] Madita - the series (1979)

Post by Infinity »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Episodes 9 and 10.

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Episodes 9 and 10 sourced from: https://www.svtplay.se/madicken
They have them as Episodes 3 and 4 of Season 1, but that is incorrect chronologically. For direct download, episode 9 (3) is only available until October 12 in Sweden (or with Swedish server VPN), downloadable with TVDownloader.

Swedish language, in 1080p with SVT logo blurred out.
Optional English subtitles and optional original Swedish subtitles.

Madicken - 9. Ibland upp, ibland ner.1080p.mkv
Madicken - 9. Ibland upp, ibland ner.1080p.srt
Madicken - 9. Ibland upp, ibland ner.1080p.sv.srt

Madicken - 10. Alva dansar och det blir jul igen.1080p.mkv
Madicken - 10. Alva dansar och det blir jul igen.1080p.srt
Madicken - 10. Alva dansar och det blir jul igen.1080p.sv.srt
Thanks for sharing these Night! Will let them download later. :)
[Image]
Kym Karath is pretty stinkin' cute, read about my favourite 1960s child actress!
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

According to svtplay.se episode called "Du är inte klok Madicken" will be available at 02.01.2022
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

YES! YES! YES!! Thank you, YES!! They listened to me! This is great news!

And the other 3 episodes will follow shortly after.

When I just barely missed the first two episodes expanded from the movie, I sent a polite email (in Swedish) requesting that they air them again. They explained that their broadcast rights were for a limited time, but they would certainly look into bringing it back.

I like to think that there were others enthusing over it, and it was my email that pushed them over the edge and made them decide it was worthwhile.

Happy New Year, indeed!

AND ... holy crap ... they are broadcasting the 13-episode "Emil i Lönneberga" series RIGHT NOW. It is only in Sweden, but my VPN will take care of that. I need my damn internet back! I can not download this at only 3 kb/s!!!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   53 likes

Episodes 7 and 8. These are equivalent to the first half of the movie [REL] Du är inte klok, Madicken (1979).

This post completes the series.
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
Sourced from and available with Swedish IP or VPN until the beginning of February,
along with the other 2 episodes (9&10) that make up the movie:
https://www.svtplay.se/madicken

Madicken and Lisabeth discuss the finer points of theology about cannibals. The rivalry between Madicken and Mia comes to a head with a rooftop dare. Mia has an epiphany, and Madicken gets lice.

Episode 8 is one of my all-time favorite shows:
Spoiler:

Mia was exactly the kind of unholy terror that made my childhood miserable, but since then I can reflect and see things from her point of view. She is now one of my favorite Astrid Lindgren characters, because she is a fighter. Mia tries to buy friendship through bribery, but fails. To her schoolmates she is just a poor and dirty girl, and they do not hesitate to rat her out to the principal. Madicken, who does not get along with her at all, is shocked by this betrayal. Mia is grateful to the schoolmiss for showing her sympathy, but she is still prepared to take her licks from the principal. In her darkest hour, when she is the loneliest girl in the world, what shocks her to a sudden realization is when her WORST ENEMY is the only one to speak up in her defense! How can this possibly be explained? Up until now, her only ally has been her little sister Mattis. Mia's attitude with Mattis has been "Just you and me AGAINST THE WORLD." Her whole worldview is suddenly upended. What should she think now? Maybe Madicken might not be the rotten spoiled rich bitch she shought she was. Maybe kindness and friendship are a possibility ...

And in the Engström househould, the newspaper editor father is precisely the type of high-minded moral crusader who is sometimes contemptuous of the small kindnesses because they are not what is needed to change the world and transform society. Sorry bub, but life does not work that way. Fortunately he is married to a sensitive and decent woman who puts him in his place and gets him to realize that what is important is the pragmatic things which are actually obtainable. Sometimes delousing some poor children is what is needed.

And oh yeah, the final reason I like this episode: Watching happy girls have a bathe in a stream!
Subtitles for those who direct-download:
Madicken 7&8 en-sv.zip
Thank you to ferdi111 for his valuable input in correcting the subtitles!

Swedish language, in 1080p with SVT logo blurred out.
Optional English subtitles and optional original Swedish subtitles.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [648.04 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [15.1 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [13.6 Kb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [637.13 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [19.2 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [17.1 Kb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

Is anyone still sharing this? I'm not getting any sources. Thanks!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Jacen wrote:Is anyone still sharing this? I'm not getting any sources. Thanks!
I am almost done catching up with all the posts I missed while I was computer-problem offline for nearly a week! I am back and eMuling. You can get this now if you have not already.
kennyomega

Post by kennyomega »   0 likes

Thanks for sharing but is it possible to get the original SVT files without the blurred logo? I don't think blurring it is worth the quality loss from re-encoding. In some cases the low-res version has more details preserved than the re-encoded one. Thank you.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   37 likes

kennyomega wrote:Thanks for sharing but is it possible to get the original SVT files without the blurred logo?
You sure are lucky I tend to save everything whether I plan to use it again or not. Here:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [642.83 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [625.61 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [629.09 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [587.36 Mb]

I do not plan on sharing these originals indefinitely, but you did ask nicely.

For episodes 01-06 I remuxed and processed the Czech-language Uloz files, which have video clearly superior to what SVT was offering for those episodes. I found their logo even more obnoxious.
https://ulozto.net/hledej?q=margyt.madicken
I don't think blurring it is worth the quality loss from re-encoding.
As someone who did quality comparisons I respectfully disagree. However, I do understand the desire for original files, even though I personally find TV logos almost unwatchable.
kennyomega

Post by kennyomega »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:
kennyomega wrote:Thanks for sharing but is it possible to get the original SVT files without the blurred logo?
You sure are lucky I tend to save everything whether I plan to use it again or not. Here:

Madicken - 7. Du är inte klok, Madicken.original SVT.mp4
Madicken - 8. Den stora avlusningen.original SVT.mp4
Madicken - 9. Ibland upp, ibland ner.original SVT.mp4
Madicken - 10. Alva dansar och det blir jul igen.original SVT.mp4

I do not plan on sharing these originals indefinitely, but you did ask nicely.

For episodes 01-06 I remuxed and processed the Czech-language Uloz files, which have video clearly superior to what SVT was offering for those episodes. I found their logo even more obnoxious.
https://ulozto.net/hledej?q=margyt.madicken
I don't think blurring it is worth the quality loss from re-encoding.
As someone who did quality comparisons I respectfully disagree. However, I do understand the desire for original files, even though I personally find TV logos almost unwatchable.
Thanks so much. I didn't mean to sound nitpicky. I do appreciate all your work and everyone else here. It's great to see this show being preserved.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

kennyomega wrote:Thanks so much. I didn't mean to sound nitpicky. I do appreciate all your work and everyone else here. It's great to see this show being preserved.
As someone who is a nitpicker myself, I can hardly fault others for it -- even if they pick nits differently than I do. If you are a fan of Madicken, you are alright in my book! :)