[REL] The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)

emuler

Re: [REL] The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, idler. :thumbsup

p.s. If you can't be forgiven for laziness, who can? ;) :cool
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks, idler, I can use a better copy. :clap

I was recently amused to see an OT clip named something like "jodie foster - rookie of the year". "Rookie of the Year" was an "Afterschool Special", nothing OT there. It was actually the bedroom scene from this movie, of course.

(By the way... I have big things almost ready to release featuring Jodie Foster, including "Rookie of the Year" once I give up trying to improve the quality of its VHSrip, which isn't actually very bad anyway. I bought some stuff on Black Friday which is taking my time at the moment though.)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I've finished downloading the DVDR torrent & can now confirm details...........
Russian DVD9 of 5.37gb
Running time 1:32:14
Audio languages English/Russian/Russian
Subtitles None
Extras Lots, but none of any interest unless you want Russian trailers!

There's not much point in my creating yet another rip as we now have decent quality stuff but I could strip the extras & produce a DVDR/iso of around 4gb.

lb

Post by guest »   0 likes

Hi!

I´ve started a blog few weeks ago, it´s all about Rynn Jacobs, Jodie Foster and The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane.

If you´re a fan of this cult classic you shouldn´t miss it.

rynnjacobs.blogspot.com

If you are more than just a fan of it please contact me, any help for doing a lot more investigations in US and CA is much appreciated!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

wreckage3001 wrote:Hi!

I´ve started a blog few weeks ago, it´s all about Rynn Jacobs, Jodie Foster and The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane.

If you´re a fan of this cult classic you shouldn´t miss it.

rynnjacobs.blogspot.com

If you are more than just a fan of it please contact me, any help for doing a lot more investigations in US and CA is much appreciated!
Interesting site, albeit WEIRD-as-freakin'-hell... :wall ..but I'm sure that's because I "just don't 'get it'"... ;)

Anyway, a little [hopefully] constructive criticism:

The blood red lettering is really hard to read against the black background. As much as white or non-florescent yellow lettering would probably go against the mood you're trying to achieve, it would make your points a bit easier to 'get'..

Just saying... :icon_1dancingban

But honestly, a very neat 'blog' concept wreckage3001! Thanks for sharing the site with us. Welcome to FLM, and don't mind me; I've just watched 'Pontypool' and I feel a headache looming so I'm probably talking out me arse right now [in hopes of not getting sicker]... :blush

lol

kev.

Thanks for your feedback, kev! Glad you like it. The red on black issue you´re mentioning is a bit LCD depending, but I´ll see what I can do.

If you think it´s weird then I´m doing right, lol. This film is weird and full of mysteries no matter if in front or behind the camera.
As so many of its fans I´ve seen it the first time at a very young age on tv and never forget about Rynn. It needed 30 years, a DVD release
and some inspiration from internet scources like the works of R. W. Watkins, to start a TLG-only website. After reading tons of brilliant reviews
and about the often similar memories people still have I wished for a reliable source where every little detail is discussed.
This blog does nothing else than showing my own learning curve. If you have any questions regarding TLG please feel free to ask!

thanks for visiting & FL is a great site!

wreckage3001

[Image]
loverboy

I liked your blog wreckage.....you've put a great deal of effort into this & it's clearly a labour of love.
Like others here, I'm also a Jodie fan, but with a broader spectrum than a single movie of hers. Wouldn't it be something if you devoted such a detailed blog to each of her childhood movies? :think !!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you've enjoyed our forum & keep visiting!

lb

Now this is funny you ask loverboy...Sure I´m a Jodie fan too especially of her 70s films! My favorites are EOAS, ADLHA, FF, Candleshoe and MFB.
And of course all of her early tv appearances in Kung Fu or The Partridge Family. But TLGWLDTL clearly stands above all, for many reasons it´s her best film ever.

Just visit the Irresistible Jodie Forum

irresistiblejodie.proboards.com

To tell the truth it´s impossible to run another blog like that at the same time. Investigations regarding TLG are real work, this movie is 35 years old now.
To find the locations alone is difficult as hell. [does anyone of you live near Wells/Maine/USA or Knowlton/Quebec/Canada???]

Another problem is that you can´t get in contact with any interesting people involved in production.
No film business pro replies to a private person is what I´ve learned, but there are a few exceptions. And the bad message is some of them
passed away. You wouldn´t believe if I would tell you how many interesting TLG mysteries and details are still waiting...

wreckage3001

PS. How old you had to be in Maine of the mid 70´s to drive a car? 17?

[Image]
loverboy

Hmmmm.......well I registered & joined the Irresistible Jodie Community.
Interesting & informative, but..............
Member Activity Rules

All Members are required to post and visit regularly to keep their account here at Irresistible Jodie Community.

1) Newbies will have their accounts deleted after 1 week if they still have 0 posts.

2) If the newbies don't have 50 posts by 60 days their account will be delete. (No excuses)

3) Any member who have not posted within the one month period will be contacted by the Administrator.

4) Members who don't visit the board for three months will have their account disabled.
I may make it after a week but I certainly won't still be there after 60 days. For me to make 50 posts in that time would probably be considered spamming. I guess the other 74 members out of 87 with less than 50 posts have to be considered 'at risk' then?

lb

these are not my rules...

PS. Is the "rare jodie foster films" thread the right place to ask for rare commercials with her? Not the commonly known ones
like Viewmaster, Crest, Small Shots or McDonald´s? thanks!