[REL] Wilden Hühner, Die (2005)

mimzy

Re: [REL] Wilden Hühner, Die (2005)

Post by mimzy »   2 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:30 pm Weiß and Scheiße are sometimes weiss and Scheisse.

In fact the German ortography changed in 1996, so "weiß" and "Scheiße" are still correct, but "Fluß" ("River") must be written as "Fluss". Many people who have problems remembering the rules (or don't have ß on their keyboard) just use "ss" instead of "ß" all the time.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I now regret reading Wikipedia! No wonder people have a hard time remembering the rules! I thought English grammar and spelling were crazy.
Spoiler:

Current usage
In standard German, three letters or combinations of letters commonly represent {S} (the voiceless alveolar fricative) depending on its position in a word: ⟨s⟩, ⟨ss⟩, and ⟨ß⟩. According to current German orthography, ⟨ß⟩ represents the sound {S}:

1. when it is written after a diphthong or long vowel and is not followed by another consonant in the word stem: Straße, Maß, groß, heißen [Exceptions: aus and words with final devoicing (e.g., Haus)];[5] and
2. when a word stem ending with ⟨ß⟩ takes an inflectional ending beginning with a consonant: heißt, größte.[6]
In verbs with roots where the vowel changes length, this means that some forms may be written with ⟨ß⟩, others with ⟨ss⟩: wissen, er weiß, er wusste.[5]

The use of ⟨ß⟩ distinguishes minimal pairs such as reißen (IPA: [ˈʁaɪsn̩], to rip) and reisen (IPA: [ˈʁaɪzn̩], to travel) on the one hand ({S} vs. [z]), and Buße (IPA: [ˈbuːsə], penance) and Busse (IPA: [ˈbʊsə], buses) on the other (long vowel before ⟨ß⟩, short vowel before ⟨ss⟩).[7]: 123 

Some proper names may use ⟨ß⟩ after a short vowel, following the old orthography; this is also true of some words derived from proper names (e.g., Litfaßsäule; advertising column, named after Ernst Litfaß).
NOTE: because it was coding the text as strikethrough, I had to use {S} instead of square brackets [ ] around an s.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

mimzy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:05 am In fact the German ortography changed in 1996, so "weiß" and "Scheiße" are still correct, but "Fluß" ("River") must be written as "Fluss". Many people who have problems remembering the rules (or don't have ß on their keyboard) just use "ss" instead of "ß" all the time.
Thanks for the insight, mimzy! Odd, but 1996 might not be considered to be that long ago for an orthography reform. Interesting that so many countries collaborated on the changes.

Night457 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:19 pm Why, thank you! :D I usually have a rough time with German, but recently I watched a video with a girl demonstrating the sounds that various animals make in German. Chickens say "gak gak" so I was able to figure out the correct translation for this scene! But it was too late, I already posted the actual subtitles. Folks will just have to figure out the chickens on their own.
I love learning what the animal noises are in other languages! I learned from the movie Bare Bea that in Norwegian, pigs go "nef nef". Also, I can understand your decision to choose the Chicken Dialect of "Cluck Cluck" over the Dialect of "Bok Bok". :P

Night457 wrote:It looks like the file in the btmulu trilogy matches one of the blizzardkid Bluray rips, but those are actually DIRECT DOWNLOADS. At over 8 Gb each it will take me awhile, but I will post the yandex links for blizzardkid nonmembers once I have verified them. Ultimately I will likely remux to a smaller size and emule it, but I have the two other movies to deal with subtitles first.
Would you like me to team up on the direct downloads to help out? (Did I understand this correctly?) Let me know if I can assist.

Which is more confusing, talking two movies in the same thread or my going off on a tangent and straying from any specific movie entirely?
I'm biased, so I don't know if you can trust my answer: I personally love it when you go off tangent!! But I also love pickles, licorice, Gary Numan, and the inconsistencies of spelling in the English language. The worse it is, the more I love it.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:30 amOdd, but 1996 might not be considered to be that long ago for an orthography reform.
It was fun reading about the controversy it engendered. A bunch of self-appointed so-called "experts" got together and wanted to change how people wrote their language. Who the f*** do those snobs think they are, that they somehow OWN the language?!?!? Was it put to a multi-nation popular vote? Did people elect representatives to control their language? It is a good thing I opted out of learning German in high school, because I would have just learned it WRONG! I can certainly understand how some native speakers were annoyed. I learnt my English real good back in school, and I don't like nobody messing around with the rules! ;)

One choice quote from mimzy's link: "The so-called s rule makes up over 90% of the words changed by the reform." The whole point of the reform was simplification, and the new s rule leaves me completely bewildered! So if the OLD rules were even HARDER to understand ... ooh boy.

Now back to the actual thread subject: chickens.
Also, I can understand your decision to choose the Chicken Dialect of "Cluck Cluck" over the Dialect of "Bok Bok". :P
For a moment I wondered if I was revealing my regional origin. I am certainly no chicken expert, although I do a decent job with it in the kitchen. With some research I found that out that "clucking" sounds are made when hens are walking around (usually with chicks) and that "buk" sounds (or "bok") are announced after she has successfully laid an egg.

https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside. ... oises-mean

I have both the blizzardkid / yandex 1080p bluray rips and they are good. They both downloaded really fast. While I slept, I processed one of the videos to a much smaller size and am in the process of remuxing it, resyncing and cleaning up the English subs, and ultimately watching the final result to make sure it is good.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to have LARGE FILES with optional Ukrainian or Russian dubs, here are the direct download links. (Yandex account is NOT required.) --
Spoiler:

Duration : 01:48:45
Language : German
Translation : Ukrainian professional polyphonic voice-over
Subtitles : German built-in switchable

File
Format : MKV
Quality : BD-Rip 1080p
Video : AVC Main@L4.1, 1920x1040, 24.000 fps, 8967 kbps
Audio 1 : AC3, 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 192 kbps (Ukrainian)
Audio 2 : DTS, 48000 Hz, 6 ch, 1509 kbps (German)
Size : 8.11 GB

https://disk.yandex.com/i/Ans9K4TmsytJIg

************* OR THIS VERSION ******************

Duration : 01:48:44
Language : German
Translation : professional multi-voiced voice-over
Subtitles : German built-in switchable

File
Format : MKV
Quality : BD-Rip 1080p
Video : AVC Main@L4.1, 1920x1040, 24.000 fps, 8967 kbps
Audio 1 : AC3, 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 192 kbps (Russian)
Audio 2 : AC3, 48000 Hz, 2 ch, 192 kbps (Ukrainian)
Audio 3 : DTS, 48000 Hz, 6 ch, 1509 kbps (German)
Size : 8.25 GB

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/d7k4vtD3CTZvTA
I personally can't stand black licorice but I like the red.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   56 likes

1080p UPGRADE! (already)
I also upgraded the subtitles so they are more correct and more natural.

Thank you to pillowbaker for cluing me in to the blizzardkid files!

I could really relate to and appreciate Sprotte's grandma, she was awesome! What I found most appealing in this movie is how the girls came to learn that the boys were not always mean and yucky, and could be relied upon as helpful allies.

[Image][Image][Image]

Newly corrected and synced to this version, English regular and SDH:
Die Wilden Hühner (2006) English & SDH.zip
|
1080p with German DTS 5.1 audio and optional internal German subtitles.
Optional external English regular and SDH subtitles.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.00 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [91.1 Kb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [91.9 Kb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Wow, thanks Night! I'm glad I've watched the previous version only half way :mrgreen:

I'm not a big fan of teen/tween movies, but this isn't too bad and helps to polish my German a little bit.
pillowbaker

Mighty big thanks, Night! For the upgrade to both the movie and the subs!! Glad you mentioned having found the 1080p torrents in the first place. I am excited to watch this. I also enjoyed that link and I listened to all the chicken clucking samples. I've been on a roll finding some great additions to my flm collection. It's all so dazzling.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:05 pm Wow, thanks Night! I'm glad I've watched the previous version only half way :mrgreen:
I totally get that. Lots of times I need to take a break in the middle of a movie because my aging mind wanders. But even though it would have been nice to skip over the 720p version and go straight to the 1080p, I am still glad I watched this twice because I liked it much better the second time. The first round I was spending too much time being annoyed by little girls weeping over what rightly should be lunch. (Ala my previous comments about not liking "pet" movies. These are livestock!) The second time I was able to focus more on the human relationships. Watching the sequels tied it all together in a quite satisfying way.

I have noticed at FLM that frequently I will download an upgrade and NOT get around to watching it before it is upgraded once again!
pillowbaker

Hey Night, do you see any reason to keep trying to download the ISO shared earlier?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:17 am Hey Night, do you see any reason to keep trying to download the ISO shared earlier?
Short answer: no.

But this is me you are asking. ;)

I have it in my download tab still because I have not yet needed to create drive space. Eventually I will give up on it. I am getting better at giving up.

It will be inferior quality video and a large size. However, it does seem to be a full DVD9, so if it is the German DVD release then it will have these extras listed at Amazon.de -
Making Of; interviews; look behind the scenes; music clip as singalong and karaoke version; outtakes and deleted scenes; Sprotte about acting;
In Europe I could buy the actual disc for only a few euros and still have reasonable shipping costs, but likely not to the U.S. Amazon USA has various DVDs blu-rays audio cassettes CDs and books of the series, but the ones in stock are not cheap. I am NOT tempted by them.

Add to that, DVD & blu-ray bonus features are almost NEVER subtitled (Sony being a major exception), so I will not really understand what is going on and thus the interviews and such will not be particularly meaningful. I was really excited that I found full subtitles for the bloopers in the end credits of the second movie. (In the other thread.) It took me back to the days of Burt Reynolds and Dom DeLuise movies.