[REL] O ztracené lásce (2001)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] O Ztracenè làsce

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   10 likes

FLL wrote:Thanks for translating the subs, Phuzzy! :clap

When you run subs through google, you need to edit them to preserve the srt formatting. (The correct --> changed to ->, so some players will refuse to load them.)

I fixed them, then loaded and resaved them with subtitle workshop. A while back I had edited some subs in notepad which then wouldn't load until I resaved them with SW (no idea why actually), so I always do that now. I also marked ths zipfile clearly as computer translated so people aren't fooled into thinking they are getting more than they actually are.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [119.0 Kb]
Thanks FLL. I didn't have enough of blt's versions downloaded to let me test any of them and this is the first time I used Google Translate to do an entire file. I did remember to load/save in UTF-8. There've only been a couple downloads of my version, so I'm downloading yours and removing mine from share. I'll edit my message too to remove the link.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
idler wrote:
FLL wrote:a new 2GB drive
:icon_badidea...hmm..Science Museum?
Heh, I always do that these days, xxx GB drives were the standard for so long. TB obviously.
Damn, didn't notice the "GB". Thought I already have to replace my 2TB drives with bigger ones :wall

BTW, one of my 2TB drives failed few months after purchase. Thankfully it was part of RAID, so I did not lose any data.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:BTW, one of my 2TB drives failed few months after purchase. Thankfully it was part of RAID, so I did not lose any data.
It is important to me to be able to move my external drives from machine to machine easily, so that rules out RAID. And RAID is overkill for me (though I am sure I will change my tune if I have a catastropic failure). What I do is buy a bigger drive than what I have, then make a complete copy of my working drive over to the new one, and take the older one offline until it has been completely archived to DVD. Doesn't make sense for most people probably, and doesn't protect my very latest stuff (but that's typically thye easist to replace), and it works for me.

Thing is, once I get a new drive it's days to copy everything over, so early next week I should be all set with my new external 2TB $90 drive :)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

just out of curiosity FLL is your 2tb drive actually 1.74tb,i got one recently and thats what i discovered.really annoying,apparently hardware and software manufacturers have different systems of measuring drive capacity.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:just out of curiosity FLL is your 2tb drive actually 1.74tb,i got one recently and thats what i discovered.really annoying,apparently hardware and software manufacturers have different systems of measuring drive capacity.
That's true. Drive manufacturers measure capacity as one (1) megabyte = 1,000,000 bytes instead of 1,024,000 bytes. One (1) HDD MB = 976.6 real KB, one (1) HDD GB = 976.6 real MB, etc. Two (2) HDD terabytes = 1.95 true TB. They're lying to you but they all do it. Some space is also used for overhead, which is why the usable capacity is never equal to the maximum capacity. Your drive is using 201 MB for overhead.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Many many thanks to BizarreLoveTriangle for bringing us a new rip of this excellent miniseries, and to all the other people who've helped with sharing. I have all but one episode complete and it's moving right along so blt, if you want to take these out of power sharing, the rest of us can take up the slack. So nice to be able to watch after such a long wait in queue. :clap :dance :thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:just out of curiosity FLL is your 2tb drive actually 1.74tb,i got one recently and thats what i discovered.really annoying,apparently hardware and software manufacturers have different systems of measuring drive capacity.
I haven't checked yet, but I am familiar from past purchases with what you are seeing. To make the size seem as large as possible the hardware people use a KB=1000, whereas the more common uses (e.g. file size) of a KB is 1024. So from a Windows hardware view 2TB=2,000,000,000,000, but from a Windows file dize view 2TB=1024*1024*1024*1024. So 2,000,000,000,000 becomes 1.82TB, and your file system overhead probably takes up the .08 TB (80 GB) difference between what I would expect (1.82 TB) and what you see (1.74 TB).
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Drive manufacturers measure capacity as one (1) megabyte = 1,000,000 bytes instead of 1,024,000 bytes.
My experience is a MB (also known as a MiB) is 1024*1024 or 1,048,576 not 1,024,000. At least it was when I did those calculations on a 120GB drive back when I first discovered this phenomenon. But I will check when I get this drive running.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

FLL wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Drive manufacturers measure capacity as one (1) megabyte = 1,000,000 bytes instead of 1,024,000 bytes.
My experience is a MB (also known as a MiB) is 1024*1024 or 1,048,576 not 1,024,000. At least it was when I did those calculations on a 120GB drive back when I first discovered this phenomenon. But I will check when I get this drive running.
You are, of course, correct. I talk to so many non-computer people every day in my job that I usually simplify as much as possible when I explain how things work, and did it here without really thinking about it. I sometimes feel like a missionary to the natives (or maybe the Maytag Repair Man hehe) because I'm a field tech and have little contact with my coworkers except for email and the occasional training sessions. I've only seen my boss face-to-face 3 times in two years. :) I miss being in a shop where everyone bounces info off each other and everyone stays on their toes.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Many many thanks again, blt. This is a really fun miniseries even after episode 2 when Honza became a young woman. Unbeknownst to me until she laughed at some of the scenes, my (adult) daughter was sitting across the room watching over my shoulder and she enjoyed it a lot too (especially some of the Google translations :) ). This is a definite keeper for me.
lkjhjlljh

Post by lkjhjlljh »   0 likes

how do i watch? i clicked the link but nothing happened