IMDB

RFF

Like this post to see ed2k links  [654.97 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [654.97 Mb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] L'Albero delle pere (1998)

Post by kev »   32 likes

This was another of the DVD's that I found while doing some clean-up around the house. I don't know how I came across this one, but I'm inclined to think it was from CVMC years ago. I had their copy for a few years, then about 5 years ago I came across a commercial DVD of the film.

L'albero delle pere (Again, AKA: The Pear Tree / Shooting the Moon)

Synopsis:
Fourteen-year-old Siddharta lives in Rome with his mother, Silvia - an affectionate, rambling, though shifty woman. She does not work. She lives by her wits, her friendships, her relationships. She's separated from Siddharta's father, Massimo, who does his best to help them. With Roberto she has a five-year-old daughter, Domitilla, who lives with her own father, from whom Silvia is also estranged. The two siblings love each other very much. Domitilla moves in for the Christmas holidays, and, one day while rummaging among her mother's trousse, gets hurt by a syringe. Emotional turmoil ensues. Siddharta has to live on in spite of his parents' miss-doings. He sends Domitilla to do HIV, HBV and HCV tests without their parents' knowledge. Hence, he has to use his own name. That causes unexpected trouble.
Basically Siddharta's little sister Domitilla accidentally sticks herself with one of her mother's used syringes and the rest of the film consists of Sid trying to get the girl tested for HIV..

DVD Art:
[Image][Image]

MY DVD Art:
[Image][Image]

Pix:
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

The FLM 'interest' [aside from those who might like Siddharta] is Francesca Di Giovanni as Domitilla. :heart :heart :heart It's too bad she's only appeared in 2 films and one TV series.. She's very expressive and quite talkative. I love her voice.. :heart

ed2k Link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [85.2 Kb]

I came across the subtitles online [my DVD did not have subs] and retitled them to work with my rip, but the timing seems to be way off.. I have no idea how to fix them... :( Hopefully some of our more technically minded members will be able to do so. :pray

I really liked this movie when I watched it years ago and the storyline was pretty easy to follow understanding the most minimal bit of Italian. BUT it would be WONDERFUL to have subs for the more talky sections. PLUS I'd love to be able to understand what little Domitilla is saying when she's jabbering... :heart

kev.

(I was planning to post this a few months ago when I made another post in the Italian Forum, so I've been sharing out this file for awhile.. )