[REL] Frühlingssinfonie AKA Spring Symphony (1983)

FLL

Re: [REL] Frühlingssinfonie AKA Spring Symphony (1983)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I am confused, emuler... wouldn't Debaser's version with English audio solve your need better?

If you still need subs, transcribing what is said would be much more accurate than using babelfish. I recently used Babelfish to translate some German subs for another movie posted here and they are very rough, I need to spend a lot more time on them before I feel I can post them here.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

chronos8080 reports that the Eng:Esp version has a few scenes missing/cut. :(

Yes, babelfish is very rough indeed - talk about 'lost in translation' - but at least a lot of the timing hassles are already worked out if you start with subs in any language. Starting from scratch can be a little daunting.

But you're right, I'll get the eng:esp version - kinda partial to Nastassja Kinski.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

emuler wrote:chronos8080 reports that the Eng:Esp version has a few scenes missing/cut. :(

Yes, babelfish is very rough indeed - talk about 'lost in translation' - but at least a lot of the timing hassles are already worked out if you start with subs in any language. Starting from scratch can be a little daunting.

But you're right, I'll get the eng:esp version - kinda partial to Nastassja Kinski.
I hear you on the daunting part. I have recently transcribed/translated some subs. I was initially quite frustrated with Subtitle Workshop, so I went looking for an alternative. I found Aegisub makes the timing a bit easier, through shortcut keys and the ability to step backwards/forwards frame by frame and a neat feature where it shows you an oscilloscope graph of the audio and allows you to click on it to identify the sub start and end. It's not perfect, of course, it was built for anime fansubbing and has all sorts of fonts and formatting etc which I didn't care about, and it actually uses avisynth to frameserve. Once I climbed the learning curve of navigating the app and figuring out how to efficiently transcribe it took an hour to do 10-15 minutes of movie, transcription of english subs only. Translation (feeding German subs through Babelfish) doubled the time, and I still need to clean it up by hand (and message someone here asking them to proofread it :)). Actually, once I had some experience with Aegisub I went back and tried Subtitle Workshop and better appreciated what it could do, and it didn't seem so bad, each has its own strengths.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Not quite clear what you mean by 'transcription of English subs' only. If you mean ripping the subs (OCR) that come with the DVD into a text format like srt, then SubRip is great. Just be sure to keep checking the italics box on and off to match the subs or the OCR (optical character recognition) won't work properly. I ripped the subs for the Lord of the Rings trilogy extended edition - took me only a few minutes each, including the special characters.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Not quite clear what you mean by 'transcription of English subs' only.
Sorry, I wasn't very descriptive. I meant transcribing the text from a movie with English hard subs (i.e. embedded in the picture) into an .srt file. My purpose was to take a bad analog TV capture of a movie with English subs (Arvacska in this case) and make an .srt which could be used with the recently-posted DVDRip. While not the same as actually subbing a film, it gave me a base of experience with the tools and a better expectation of how long subbing takes.

Only reason I haven't posted the .srt yet is it turned out the timing was all over the place when applied to the DVDRip. When a get a little time I think I'll just fix the worst problems and release it; my perfectionist tendencies are keeping me from releasing a number of things and I need to finish this.
OrionPax

Post by OrionPax »   0 likes

FLL have you tried Sabbu it is perfect for this sort of thing, I used it on 3 subtitle projects and found it made the whole process alot easier.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

OrionPax wrote:FLL have you tried Sabbu it is perfect for this sort of thing, I used it on 3 subtitle projects and found it made the whole process alot easier.
No, I didn't see that when I was looking for alternatives to Subtitle Workshop. Thanks, I'll look at it when I get back to working on subs.
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

can someone reshare this one please?
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I am sharing the Eng-Spa version in case you don't want to wait, I never got the German one. It is 1:37:29 long, and IMDB lists a running time of 1:43 so it might be cut. But chronos8080 was wrong, the bathing scene is there, though as said earlier it's short (under 10 seconds).
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

got sources for both versions, thanks