[REL] Polleke (2003)

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Polleke (2003)

Post by kev »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Pretty good story, 11 year old gal who is slightly podgy but quite pretty, wears short dress most of film and consequently some ot scenes (check when they climb over the wall). Other cute ones as well.

Not bad - worth download.
Ok... Well I guess I'm going to have to try and watch this one again.

To be honest I'm just reading all that peeps are posting trying to get this movie, thinking 'THIS movie is NOT worth all this trouble...'

I've had the DVD for about 2 years now, and STILL can't work up the 'uumph' to watch it all the way through... I've tried 3 times!

OT scenes that billanben describes don't ring a bell at all. Either I didn't get far enough into the movie [I'm SURE I've watched at least half...]; or those scenes just didn't catch my attention [ :eyecrazy ME??? Miss a PANTIE SH... ummm; OT SCENE???]; which SHOWS how much this movie SERIOUSLY DRAGS... (And this statement coming from someone who LOVES slow-moving [even Arthouse], very detailed movies that build strong, well-defined characters...)

I SOO agree with one of the early posters above:
Anyway, from my personnal opinion, this one was not worth the 700 Megs used on my HD...

Not really cute, not really on topic, not really.... anything...
There's so many other movies that deserve the comments that THIS movie is getting much, MUCH more!

But like I said; I'm going to give this movie another 'viewing' try... ;)

kev.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Kev
If you like those specially kind of shots, have a bunch of films that meet the criteria - maybe pm or what does group think - how to share names of these ?

Anyway - get to the bit where they meet the down and outs under the road bridges and then shortly after that they go on a stroll, climb over a wall and ...

enjoy
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

[Image]

they broadcasted this as a series on swedish telly, found it quite nice.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

loverboy

Post by loverboy »   25 likes

Firstly, thanks to those who brought us the original releases! :)
The 700.39mb & 763.79mb files still have sources but I'm hoping a 2cd size rip with English subtitles will be appreciated. The subtitles may or may not match the existing releases. These were awkward to rip with SubRip..........I think we've discussed what seems to happen with subs when a DVD is re-authored/compressed as I guess is the case here. I have proof-read them but will welcome anyone spotting mistakes, editing & posting corrections.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Polleke 2003 isoRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,399.03 MB
Duration ........: 01:34:14
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1947 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 416
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.73:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language ........: DUTCH

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

English subtitles.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [53.9 Kb]

Enjoy!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Sounds like there are mixed feelings on whether this one is good or not, so I guess I'll have to judge for myself. :)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Sounds like there are mixed feelings on whether this one is good or not, so I guess I'll have to judge for myself. :)
OK......let me try & do my salesman bit & in this case, defend Polleke. I generally use screenshots, file specs & quotes more eloquent than mine to 'sell' releases but here, more is obviously required. To be fair though, you've got to wade through many posts discussing file formats etc. to come up with comments about the movie, including this nonsense.
Anonymous wrote:Anyway, from my personnal opinion, this one was not worth the 700 Megs used on my HD...

Not really cute, not really on topic, not really.... anything...
I'm glad that's a personal opinion because my personal opinion is the poster's talking bollocks. Has he even bothered watching this? This is a very visual movie & the whole thing is considerably more on topic from start to finish than virtually anything else I release & I don't hear too much bleating about these. I suspect this comment stems from the fact this release dates from the time any movie at FLM without nudity or significant underwear shots was automatically rubbished. This obsessive comment about the elusive pantie-shot would seem to confirm that.....
billanben wrote:get to the bit where they meet the down and outs under the road bridges and then shortly after that they go on a stroll, climb over a wall and ...

enjoy
kev is perfectly correct.....blink & you WILL miss this. If these half-a-dozen frames are your sole reason for downloading this you have my sympathy!
kev wrote:Ok... Well I guess I'm going to have to try and watch this one again.

To be honest I'm just reading all that peeps are posting trying to get this movie, thinking 'THIS movie is NOT worth all this trouble...'

I've had the DVD for about 2 years now, and STILL can't work up the 'uumph' to watch it all the way through... I've tried 3 times!
There's so many other movies that deserve the comments that THIS movie is getting much, MUCH more!

But like I said; I'm going to give this movie another 'viewing' try... ;)

kev.
Is this that difficult to watch, unless of course you were trying without subtitles? We're four years down the road now kev, so have another go.......I'd be interested in your comments once you've watched it in it's entirety.

I enjoyed this & it's not difficult to watch or understand (especially with English subs). The girl, although not beautiful is very cute in a 'developing' sort of way & enjoys significant screen time. (Actually she IS the movie!) Although not fast-paced, the story is plausible, interesting & gives an insight into young love in a multi-cultural society.
Go download & watch & stop being so bloody picky! ;)

lb
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:I enjoyed this & it's not difficult to watch or understand (especially with English subs). The girl, although not beautiful is very cute in a 'developing' sort of way & enjoys significant screen time. (Actually she IS the movie!) Although not fast-paced, the story is plausible, interesting & gives an insight into young love in a multi-cultural society.
Go download & watch & stop being so bloody picky! ;)

lb
I'm not watching these movies for nudity or panty shots - if that's the sum total of why someone downloads these, I suggest a visit to other venues or a psychiatrist. The main draw for me is the different slant "foreign" (to me) films have. Many/most of the films made by non-US filmmakers DON'T feature explosions, car crashes, machineguns, and the other flup the US market seems to require to sell a movie to testosterone-steeped beer-guzzling yokels. A huge majority of non-US films <gasp> actually have a good story without that junk. They also have a less-prudish outlook on things than the US market in that they don't simultaneously restrict any depiction of a normal thing like day-to-day nudity (hey, we're all naked underneath our clothes) and dressing up pre-teens in the most Aqualung-attracting way they can get away with. Non-US films, to me, show a much healthier attitude - Pretty Baby and Blue Lagoon certainly weren't hits because of the acting ability. They were - in part - feeding the prurient side of US culture. Nudity or not, it's the story that counts. I especially like the films that have strong stories that come across even without subtitles for people like me who only have small understanding of a few non-English languages.
Pranama

Post by Pranama »   0 likes

I share 100% your opinion concerning USA and non-USA films, and in fact I´d like to find some pages who are more concerned about artistic qualities of films for/about children. FLM is for me an excellent source, but frankly, most of people here look they´re interested either in a level of "OTness" or in technical stuff. Both aren´t my cup of tea.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

'OT' scenes are icing on the cake [for letches that STILL admire fine cinema]. A great movie is a great movie. Period.

If the film captures you, involves you, creates concern for the characters, moves you then in essence it works for you. This one hasn't for me, yet..

I'm not trying to be picky. I just couldn't get involved.

I'm attracted to the actors enough to try again [on a rainy day with nothing else to watch, lol], as I'm sure it has qualities that have moved other film lovers [whose opinions I respect] to state that it is well worth watching..

That said, thanks much for the update, lb.. I'm continually astounded by your releases!!

I look forward to your next! :)

kev.