[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.49 Gb]

English subs if needed:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [39.3 Kb]
popdrome

Re: [REL] Saint Monica (2002)

Post by popdrome »   1 likes

Ah thanks! Such a sad and beautiful film!

Don't go quietly into the night.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for this darling looking movie, ghost! Thanks for popdrome and everyone who who contributed.

I was trying to use yt-dl on the amazon/imdbTV free watch link, but I was unable to get it to work. Can anyone tell me, does yt-dl work with imdbTV streams? Is there a trick to it?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

There are plenty of sites youtube-dl does NOT work on, and I don't think there are any tricks to work around it. Try it and if it fails then you must use something else.

Since imdbTV is owned by Amazon, downloaders that work with Amazon should also work with it. I don't know/remember what hacked commercial software the experts here use. I came across the following free software, but never tried it -- so I do not know if it works; nor do I know if it is "safe" to use:

https://download.cnet.com/Free-Amazon-P ... 25472.html
pillowbaker

I'll look into that downloader and a few other options. Thanks for the link. That stream recorder extension you mentioned might be the trick here as well.

I was hoping there was a trick to getting the url just right with yt-dl, but they got it nice and mangled. Incompatible url everytime.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

pillowbaker wrote:That stream recorder extension you mentioned might be the trick here as well.
That's a thought I didn't thunk! Maybe that one is a possibility, at least for the full runtime streaming record option. (If that method works then it will probably not edit out any ads like youtube-dl omits YouTube ads.) After I got logged in to Amazon and it rejected my VPN for streaming purposes, I was done with my experiments.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

You won't be able to download from Amazon Prime Video with normal downloaders because of their encryption.

There are some ways like https://freegrabapp.com/product/free-am ... -download/.

The ultimate software for this purpose is StreamFab, but it's pretty expensive. https://dvdfab.cn
pillowbaker

Thanks for the further suggestions, ghost. I'll grab that freegrabapp for future endeavors.

And youtube ads, I had not even thought of that! And yt-dl was doing it for me this entire time without me even noticing. Seems almost too good to be true. I can feel the FOMO part of me urging me to go and download my playlist collections. Will resist further data hoarding for now.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thanks, ghost! It's good to know what actually works.

My computer browser adblocker blocks YT ads so I normally do not think about it -- until I access YT on something without an adblocker, like my TV! Since youtube-dl directly accesses the video file it ignores the random ad insertions. A second-by-second stream recorder just records what is playing live. That is why YT videos of live TV/internet broadcasts sometimes show the cursor flying across the screen or the original recording reloading.

Oh yeah, playlists. If you use youtube-dl on a YouTube playlist instead of a single video, it should automatically download all the videos in the playlist one by one. It is really nice to get dozens of videos (such as for a TV series) with only a few clicks.

There are also a few non-YouTube sites that use YT-style playlists and it works the same.