[REL] Busters verden AKA Buster's World (1984)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Busters verden AKA Buster's World (1984)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Oh please don't be. I was curious about that ISO too! And your file review helped me decide to delete it, which is always nice. When I tried playing the file back in October, it crashed my VLC and windows explorer.

By the way, I was able to mount the ISO by right clicking and selecting "Mount", but I may be running a different version of windows than you.

Now, I wonder what the original source of the "saeson" ISO is.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:20 am That dr.dk link is pretty nice, I guess I should have thought of checking at TNT. At least I remembered to look at BK this time! The dr.dk subs need to be adjusted to about 3000ms earlier.
Every Danish subtitle is off by a different amount! Exasperating from a theoretically licensed streaming site! I think I got them resynced properly, but I have not checked them carefully to be REALLY sure. The same dr.dk MP4s and Danish VTTs and SRTs are available downloadable from TNT as extractable RAR files, if one does not wish to use yt-dlp. The subtitles still are out of sync.

The following is in reference to this link posted by pillowbaker:
https://ulozto.net/file/xTcr1QhFKaQh/bu ... -webtv-iso
AKA "Busters verden (1984) sæson WEBTV.iso"
The benefit of the "saeson" iso is that the SRT files are all laid out nicely for each episodes, no need to extract. It's looks as if someone took 6 episodes in mp4 format, along with their respected SRTs and made a DVD image out of it! So it might not be a genuine DVD release. I wonder if I could just copy and paste the mp4 files out of it after mounting the image?
I am unclear how exactly you are viewing / playing the files. I could not play the ISO in VLC. I could not Mount it. I used WinRAR to extract the MP4s and SRTs. THEN I could play them! I presume 7zip would also extract them.

These files are downloaded from a DIFFERENT website (or TV channel) than the dr.dk / TNT files. (Obviously different watermark) They are roughly the same quality (480p) but slightly larger and with higher bitrate. Some of the Danish subtitles are ALSO out of sync, but differently than the dr.dk ones! AAAAAAAAGHHHH!!!!
Upside to the movie release is that the subs will be a lot easier to add or adjust.
From a quick look, DreamScape's English subtitles look to be properly in sync to his 1080p file. Thank goodness! This will be the version I watch first. If I like it enough I will move on to watching the expanded (but only 480p) TV version. If I don't like it enough or don't have time, then I am done.
For the episodes, it looks like we'll need to splice and re-time the movie subs, or make do with machine translating the saeson iso file SRTs.
Splicing and retiming the movie subtitles for the longer TV version would leave 20+ minutes of footage untranslated! Don't do that! I think I have the dr.dk subtitles resynced but did not check them carefully. I can certainly resync the "Busters verden (1984) sæson WEBTV.iso" Danish subtitles but not tonight for sure! Danish translates well to English, so my own preference would be to machine-translate the resynced subtitles and use that. Someone could use the movie subtitles as reference for a careful correction of the machine translation if they wished to do that. I GUARANTEE that I will NOT do that myself. I can do just fine with the machine translation.
Night457
Global Moderator

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:39 amWhen I tried playing the file back in October, it crashed my VLC and windows explorer.
My VLC did not crash, it just opened and then did nothing.
By the way, I was able to mount the ISO by right clicking and selecting "Mount", but I may be running a different version of windows than you.
Oh you are, I know. Mine is antique unsupported 8.1. I had eliminated the "Mount" option by long ago changing the ISO default program to VLC, so I had to change it BACK to Windows Explorer in the file Properties. Then I had the "Mount" option, but it just did not work.
Now, I wonder what the original source of the "saeson" ISO is.
It doesn't matter. I would have used a RAR, but that ISO file effectively contained the files that could be extracted and played separately. It works!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:15 am Discussion in reference to this link: https://ulozto.net/file/KOKuRYtTE7bs/bu ... cyDzWvAt==
AKA "Busters Verden (1984).ISO"
pillowbaker wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:20 am EDIT:
After tinkering with the other ISO, it looks like it is simply a DVD iso of the film version. My VLC would not play it the way I used to play ISOs. I had to mount the image and go in and play the individual VOBs.
I had the same problems that you did! VLC would not play it as a DVD. And it has been so long since I "mounted an image" that I had to look up how to do it. Still, I got a "Couldn't Mount File" error. So I extracted the ISO to VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders with 7zip and WinRAR separately but neither result would play as a DVD in VLC. The individual VOB portions would play, and together they make an 87 minute 576p PAL version.

DreamScape's 1080p file is this cut of the film but with WAY better quality. So, the "Busters Verden (1984).ISO" at ulozto is now useless out-of-date garbage and should be avoided. I am sorry I mentioned it!
Don't try and do that (opening in VLC).
When you've got your VIDEO_TS folder you can follow the steps in this tutorial - written over a decade ago:
https://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archiv ... o_xvid.cfm
Start from the heading "DVD2AVI" to open the VOB files and then after running "VFAPI convert" which takes 5 seconds, really. You can open the temp file it makes in Virtual Dub and encode it into an mp4 using Virtual Dub. FYI - I have many versions of Virtual Dub installed, 1.5, 1.9, 2, Virtual Dub Mod. They're "stand-alone" software that run from their own folder so this is no issue.
I'm not that good with dozens of software steps - but I found there guides super easy to follow!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

The following is in reference to this link posted by pillowbaker:
https://ulozto.net/file/xTcr1QhFKaQh/bu ... -webtv-iso
AKA "Busters verden (1984) sæson WEBTV.iso"

The above will extract to MP4s of all 6 episodes, plus out-of-sync Danish subtitles.

Danish subtitles resynced, and English subtitles machine-translated from them:
Busters verden (1984) sæson WEBTV.DA-EN-resync.zip
|
I resynced them as best I could, as they were annoyingly inconsistent in the corrections necessary from one episode to the next. It would take a line-by-line resync to make them "perfect", but that is hardly worth the effort. Overlapping dialog occasionally gets the sync slightly off, but it quickly goes back to being correct when the characters stop talking over one another. The Danish subtitles sometimes omit some words to simplify the sentences, as per usual practice. I did not do ANY corrections to the English machine-translation, and I do not intend to either. Of course if anyone wants to make new English subtitles using WhisperAI, they are more than welcome to do so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

I knew that once I deleted the problematic ISO, someone would surely have a solution to deal with it. I was not worried, however, because I could see that DreamScape's 1080p (upscale?) Release was superior to a PAL DVD, so I did not need that ISO.
David32441 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:18 am Don't try and do that (opening in VLC).
Ha ha, I do that all the time, and MOST of the time VLC will play an ISO or a VIDEO_TS folder as a DVD. This is the rare time that it would not. Clearly someone INTENDED to share it as a DVD, so that is how I was trying to view it.

I have never used VirtualDub, but I do have other software that will convert ISOs or VIDEO_TS files to a playable MKV. That is of course assuming that there is not some fundamental irrecoverable flaw in the ISO that will make that attempt fail also.

Anyway, thank you for the suggestion! Often times converting to a different format will fix a problem.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

DreamScape wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:35 pm Upscaled, but perhaps an improvement

[Image]

Busters.Verden.1984.1080p.WEB-DL.mkv

Busters.Verden.1984.1080p.WEB-DL.en.srt
An immense improvement. Thanks, DreamScape! :thumbsup

A remake of this movie: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... 11&t=13927