[RREL] Det Skaldede spøgelse (1993)

Davros6

Re: [RREL] Det Skaldede spøgelse (1993)

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Also, back in the early 90s there wasn't any iternet (well not as we know it today) so it was hard to know how old an actress was, especially if it was a foreign film, so you could only go on how old they looked and the character they played. A couple of the early ones I saw where I could tell the actress was younger was L'effrontée and My Life As A Dog, both of which I think were shown on Channel 4 in the UK.
I drink therefore I am
Sully23

Re: [RREL] Det Skaldede spøgelse (1992)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:04 pm more high quality start in film life (Lets admit that Skaldede spøgelse (1992)is a silly, not-good kids movie) and who are from Sweden, which is a bigger film country than Denmark...
Oh well.
I recognize your effort and analysis in making comparisons, perhaps I don't have that same ability.
Comparing Sweden with Denmark is usually very similar to the United States and Canada, each country does its thing in the film industry.

I don't see how a naked role determines an actor's career. I'm used to it. Some actresses only played a single role or a few and they retire from acting for various reasons, something in Hollywood is the opposite, with adult actresses like Julia Roberts. They didn't need to take their clothes off to win an Oscar.
Davros6

Also, there's a different attitude towards nudity in Europe, especially the Scandinavian and Nordic countries, where saunas are popular, and most homes have a sauna, so a lot of family time is spent in the sauna. So children are used to being seeing seen naked from a young age.
I drink therefore I am
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:53 pm so a lot of family time is spent in the sauna. So children are used to being seeing seen naked from a young age.
Me and my sister were like that, and we stopped being when her body began to change, the problem is not the family but the people outside the family, in my case inside the house we had trust and it was not allowed to share with people outside the home.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:28 am
Davros6 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:53 pm so a lot of family time is spent in the sauna. So children are used to being seeing seen naked from a young age.
Me and my sister were like that, and we stopped being when her body began to change, the problem is not the family but the people outside the family, in my case inside the house we had trust and it was not allowed to share with people outside the home.
During peak puberty me and my siblings obviously gave each other more privacy and discretion but overall nudity still never became an issue for us. Like if I’d have to go into the bathroom but my sister was taking a shower. It’s more that bathroom time is sacred time for many people, where they relax (shower) or simply (rightfully) don’t want to be bothered (taking care of business lol).

It’s so funny the contrast/difference. American exchange students told me they’ve never seen their parents nude in their life. I know not every American family is like this (Christian suburban family) but still it’s crazy to me.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Davros6 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:27 pm The difference is, movies like Pretty Baby and others caused a scandal at the time, if Pretty Baby had been a European made movie would it have had the reputation it got?
Seeing the scandal Maladolascenza caused, yes! MosDef!
It isn't until I joined this site I realised how many European movies had OT scenes
around 980? Of which 439 are in my collection ...
quite a few of these movies I've actually seen on British TV
Do you mean all OT scenes were quietly removed on Brit TV?
I wasn't aware of the age of some of the actresses,
For example, which actress wasn't you aware that you later discovered was underage
Pretty Baby was shown on Sky Movies here in the UK.
Was there no censorship of that kind on Sky Movies?

British (IMHvO, v=viewing) OT movies are:
  • Doctor Zhivago {Keira Knightley,17j-07m rd} (2002)
    Ratcatcher {Leanne Mullen,14j-10m rd} (1999)
    Black Moon {Cathryn Harrison,16j-03m rd} (1975)
    Fish Tank {Katie Jarvis,17j-00m rd} (2009)
    Cracker: The Big Crunch: Part 1 {Samantha Morton,17j-05m rd} (1994)
    Coming Down the Mountain {Emer Kenny,17j-10m rd} (2007)
these are all by release date, so do the math....
Last edited by Triela on Tue May 23, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:51 am It’s so funny the contrast/difference. American exchange students told me they’ve never seen their parents nude in their life.
So, if your grandparents or parents got Alzheimer / dementia and couldn't take a shower themselves anymore would you do that for them? I mean, could you do it, not if you should do it every few days...
And would it be harder for you to wash your mother/grandmother than father/grandpa or no difference?

BTW, don't German-speaking areas have some type of body culture? Since late 19th century? With all the Baden this, Baden-that?
Davros6

L'effrontee and My Life As A Dog were shown on channel 4 (I think) in the 90s not censored, and Pretty Baby wasn't censored on Sky Movies, in fact it was the proper, uncropped version. Those are just a couple off the top of my head. I can't remember which movies I saw that I wasn't sure of the actresses ages, but some of the movies I've seen on here look familiar, most of them were on European channels that we used to receive on Sky Satellite before it went digital. There's also a few I've recognised that I used to have on dvd a few years back. When I say I wasn't aware of the actresses age, its more the ones who were 15/16 and I might have thought they were a bit older.
I drink therefore I am
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:02 pm
goku33 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:51 am It’s so funny the contrast/difference. American exchange students told me they’ve never seen their parents nude in their life.
So, if your grandparents or parents got Alzheimer / dementia and couldn't take a shower themselves anymore would you do that for them? I mean, could you do it, not if you should do it every few days...
And would it be harder for you to wash your mother/grandmother than father/grandpa or no difference?
What a weird question I have to say. Of course I could do that and it wouldn’t make a difference whether it’s the mother/grandmother or father/grandfather. At that moment it’s just an old person that needs your help. Don’t get me wrong it’s a tough job to do in general and maybe you’re better off paying a caretaker if you can afford it. It depends on your person/character and relationship with the demented family member. On one hand you’re the one caring the most about that person but at the same time, do you want your memories overshadowed by 5-10 years of taking care of that person.

It’s a difficult subject for sure. Especially because demented person is different to just an old person that isn’t physically agile anymore. A demented person might not even understand your simply commands anymore.

I completely forgot about Katie Jarvis age in fish tank. I watched that film as a teenager myself. Such a strong performance of hers. Creepy role by Michael Fassbinder.

Madaloszenza and Pretty Baby aren’t comparable at all in my opinion - when it comes to explicitness and storyline/writing. I think the outrage/controversy regarding Madaloszenza is fully justified.
Davros6

I used to work with someone called Katie Jarvis, obviously not the same one 😆😆😆
I drink therefore I am