ghost
Site Admin

Re: [RREL] La Contre-allée (1991)

Post by ghost »   78 likes

It's done:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.82 Gb]

Now, we are waiting for subs. ;)

This is the raw French srt-file, which the automatic transcription of Premiere Pro gave me. Maybe helpful as a starting point...
I just don't have the time atm to do it by myself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thanks for the upgrade!
ghost wrote:This is the raw French srt-file, which the automatic transcription of Premiere Pro gave me. Maybe helpful as a starting point..
This is a speech-to-text file, correct? I saw the original ISO had a subtitle track, but it appeared to be blank. It would not display anything for me in either VLC or MPC.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Yes, it's just speech-to-text.
I saw the original ISO had a subtitle track, but it appeared to be blank.
Yes, same for me. The DVD hasn't any subs. :(
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Yes, it's just speech-to-text.
I saw the original ISO had a subtitle track, but it appeared to be blank.
Yes, same for me. The DVD hasn't any subs. :(
That was quick - getting the HD done! Thanks as usual!
Seems like most of the work is done! French subtitles and timed. Just drop this into google translator or anything else and isn't it likely to be better than any audio translator that misses 15% of the dialogue?
I'll get the film first and then check it out. I'm behind after a busy few weeks.
crunch

Post by crunch »   0 likes

Hello.

Would it be possible to put the HD version of "La contre-allée" on Zippyshare by compressing it in several files (500 Mo maximum) with Winrar or Winzip ?

Thank you friends.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

I've started on the subtitle cleanup. Most of the subtitles seem reasonably correct after machine translation. A few are off / missed - so trying to get the app to listen. But the punctuation and line-breaks are a bit of a mess. The timing is off sometimes. Sometimes subtitles appear for 0.2 seconds. It's great that you got this - better than nothing for a starting point! Anyway, I'm slowly working on it. Might take a good few weeks as don't have too much free time currently.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

David32441 wrote:I've started on the subtitle cleanup. Most of the subtitles seem reasonably correct after machine translation. A few are off / missed - so trying to get the app to listen. But the punctuation and line-breaks are a bit of a mess. The timing is off sometimes. Sometimes subtitles appear for 0.2 seconds. It's great that you got this - better than nothing for a starting point! Anyway, I'm slowly working on it. Might take a good few weeks as don't have too much free time currently.
Nah! I have a new file which is much more accurate.

I found this software: https://www.closedcaptioncreator.com/index.html
It uses Speechmatics as one of their services. The best I experienced so far!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote: I found this software: https://www.closedcaptioncreator.com/index.html
It uses Speechmatics as one of their services. The best I experienced so far!
Wow, that is industry standard software. If you'd want automatic speech transcription, it requires a pro account that will put you back 50 bucks a month. If i'd be a subtitle guy for say, Opensubtitles, and produce several titles per month it would be reasonable. Did you try their transcript feature ghost? How is the quality of the transcripts? Does it really work on 100+ languages (as they claim)?

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Well, I was so curious about it and really paid 25 bucks for a starter account.

I'm really impressed! The results are much better than Descript, Otter AI or Premiere Pro. They support nearly every language, even Russian!

So watch out for English subtitles for Goluboy portret (https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... oy+portret)... I'm working on them right now.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Well, I was so curious about it and really paid 25 bucks for a starter account.

I'm really impressed! The results are much better than Descript, Otter AI or Premiere Pro. They support nearly every language, even Russian!

So watch out for English subtitles for Goluboy portret (https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... oy+portret)... I'm working on them right now.
Wow, that's brilliant ghost! And how does that work, do you upload a movie file to their server, or did you download their client software for speech-to-text conversion? Or just translate a .txt or .srt file?

Don't go quietly into the night.