[RREL] La Contre-allée (1991)

DreamScape

Re: [RREL] La Contre-allée (1991)

Post by DreamScape »   0 likes

I'm curious about this too. Also wondering if you'll take subtitle requests :twisted:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

do you upload a movie file to their server, or did you download their client software for speech-to-text conversion? Or just translate a .txt or .srt file?
You have to download and install their software and log in. It extracts the audio stream and uploads it to the server. The transciption is happening online. They have a Youtube chanel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ClosedCaptionCreator
Also wondering if you'll take subtitle requests
Maybe ;) But I have only 300 minutes for 1 month...
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:
do you upload a movie file to their server, or did you download their client software for speech-to-text conversion? Or just translate a .txt or .srt file?
You have to download and install their software and log in. It extracts the audio stream and uploads it to the server. The transciption is happening online. They have a Youtube chanel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ClosedCaptionCreator
Also wondering if you'll take subtitle requests
Maybe ;) But I have only 300 minutes for 1 month...
Great stuff, ghost. If I understand it right after watching their vids, what's a bit of a bummer; it still uses Google translate, well, to translate. So you'll still be error checking for a long time.

Great that you tried it and thanks for the tips! I might try it out because I have a lot of Dutch films without english subs.

Don't go quietly into the night.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

it still uses Google translate, well, to translate
For Speech-to-text they have several service providers.

For translation I don't know. I don't have it in my basic account. So I'm doing the translation with DeepL and others manually.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

ghost wrote:
David32441 wrote:I've started on the subtitle cleanup. Most of the subtitles seem reasonably correct after machine translation. A few are off / missed - so trying to get the app to listen. But the punctuation and line-breaks are a bit of a mess. The timing is off sometimes. Sometimes subtitles appear for 0.2 seconds. It's great that you got this - better than nothing for a starting point! Anyway, I'm slowly working on it. Might take a good few weeks as don't have too much free time currently.
Nah! I have a new file which is much more accurate.

I found this software: https://www.closedcaptioncreator.com/index.html
It uses Speechmatics as one of their services. The best I experienced so far!
Sweet! I'll load up this and see if it's better - sounds like it will be!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

I finally got to watch this. Not sure which version of the subtitles I watched it with. The original one Ghost found I think, but they were quite poor. Lots of confusing dialogue, lots of subtitles hanging on the screen for a minute after the audio had finished, some poor translation, one bit someone says 1,2,3,4 in French, but the text didn't quite match that! I'd actually forgotten that you'd got a new file - will need to test that and see if it's improved it, and see if I can do more with it. I had started on improving the subtitles I think - but then you found that new version so thought I'd watch it first.
I liked the film, very innocent and sweet despite the risque subject. A dad leaves his daughter of 11 or so alone in a Parisian apartment for weeks. A mum only on a telephone. Prostitutes hanging around outside. A very almost Disneyesque happy world where no-one is in any real danger - but not quite a film Disney would make :)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

I'm still busy with the subtitles. It is sooo hard to translate. They are talking very fast and often the AI got it wrong. I just need time to work on... So maybe in the near future. ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   15 likes

Well, it took only some months, but now I can present English subtitles.
Maybe some lines are still nonsense, but check it out for yourself:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [60.0 Kb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Wow thanks ghost! I haven't watched it yet, but I consider myself privileged to be able to watch it for the first time with custom upgraded subs. I'll keep an eye out for funny lines, once I get the chance. If I am able to suggest anything, I'll let ya know!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:18 pm Well, it took only some months, but now I can present English subtitles.
Maybe some lines are still nonsense, but check it out for yourself:

La contre-allée (1991).720p.srt
Will watch and check them out. Did you use my technique of using the Microsoft translator and transcribing - I didn't think you were going to having got the machine one done? Or found a better technique?