[RREL] Les Diables (2002)

pillowbaker

Re: [RREL] Les Diables (2002)

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Wow a definitive (currently) version of this great film. Thanks ghost!

I loved this one. The version I watched was 700mb, and I got it back in 2008. I don't remember a lot of the movie, but I was very drawn in to the kid's connection and their struggles. I look forward to watching this again!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:59 am Wow a definitive (currently) version of this great film. Thanks ghost!

I loved this one. The version I watched was 700mb, and I got it back in 2008. I don't remember a lot of the movie, but I was very drawn in to the kid's connection and their struggles. I look forward to watching this again!

I only skipped through it quickly so far and the acting seemed really outstanding for such young actors. I mean such a young actress playing a person with mental issues
goku33

ghost wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:17 pm
So we can assume the Film to this day actually has never seen an actual remastering from 35mm Film to 1080p/4K..
That's right. This movie does only exist in SD so far. Also the 720p HDTV version is only a normal upscale.
Your first version posted in this thread (720p) with the 5.1 Audio was just fix of the 720p.hdtv rip and the second release from you was an AI upscale of the 720p.hdtv release to 1080p ?

You only used the DVD as an Audio Source and not for Video source, correct?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   2 likes

Your first version posted in this thread (720p) with the 5.1 Audio was just fix of the 720p.hdtv rip
Yes.
the second release from you was an AI upscale of the 720p.hdtv release to 1080p ?
No. I used the original DVD for upscaling. The first verison was done with a very early version of Topaz and I just used a model for bad quality sources. The result wasn't very good.

Now I did much more fine tuning, for example I removed the halos with an avisynth script before...
goku33

ghost wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:02 pm
Your first version posted in this thread (720p) with the 5.1 Audio was just fix of the 720p.hdtv rip
Yes.
the second release from you was an AI upscale of the 720p.hdtv release to 1080p ?
No. I used the original DVD for upscaling. The first verison was done with a very early version of Topaz and I just used a model for bad quality sources. The result wasn't very good.

Now I did much more fine tuning, for example I removed the halos with an avisynth script before...
Thank you! For being patient with my questions about sources :)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:07 am I only skipped through it quickly so far and the acting seemed really outstanding for such young actors. I mean such a young actress playing a person with mental issues
Your brief assessment is correct, at least in my opinion. This girl's performance is excellent, as well as the boy's playing her brother. He certainly does great displaying a certain ambivalence with her, which, I won't spoil, are the crux of some realizations about them.

She is, I'd say, on par with DiCaprio's performance as Arnie in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. An otherwise unrelated movie, but a wonderfully good movie too.
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:27 pm :P Anyone got an update on the allegations against the director & the following indictment by French authorities?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph ... estigation

Did they just drop the case?
I don't know, but I'm not surprised there were allegations made against the director, there were quite a few close up shots of Adèle Haenel's breasts
(not that I'm complaining ;) )
I drink therefore I am
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:08 pmDo you know what the 5-6 GB mkv file on eMule is about? Maybe just a DVD Remux? It isn’t labeled in any kind of way. I’ve been downloading it for a couple of days now.

I don't see it on eMule. Could you provide a link? Select the listing in your search, right click on it, and choose the third option down, Copy eD2K Links. Then you can paste it into your post here.

The total size of the .vob file for this movie is 3.36 GB. There is a lower quality, yet for some reason bigger, DVD - a foreign release that lacks any of the French disc's special features. It could possibly be that. But more likely it's a 1080p upscale done by someone who doesn't care about file size. It could be a 1080p web-dl. That would be fantastic! I would download it just on that off chance. Like I said, post an ed2k link here. Maybe I can get it at higher speed. If I do and it's worth it I'll post some direct links on MEGA/uloz.
LordMustafa

Post by LordMustafa »   1 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:59 pm I wasn't pleased with my 720p upscale, so I did the whole thing again. It took me several days to find the right settings, but now it's looking pretty good. I went up to 1080p this time:
Les Diables (2002).1080p.5.1.mkv
Les Diables (2002).1080p.5.1.srt
Can you share the direct link for this one🙏