[REL] Dzieci z Leningradzkiego (2005) [Poland]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
Rich

[REL] Dzieci z Leningradzkiego (2005) [Poland]

Post by Rich »   24 likes

Dzieci z Leningradzkiego (2005)

[Image]
Since the fall of the Iron Curtain an estimated four million children have found themselves living on the streets in the former countries of the Soviet Union. In the streets of Moscow alone there are over 30,000 surviving in this manner at the present time. The makers of the documentary film concentrated on a community of homeless children living hand to mouth in the Moscow train station Leningradsky. Eight-year-old Sasha, eleven-year-old Kristina, thirteen-year-old Misha and ten-year-old Andrej all dream of living in a communal home. They spend winter nights trying to stay warm by huddling together on hot water pipes and most of their days are spent begging. Andrej has found himself here because of disagreements with his family. Kristina was driven into this way of life by the hatred of her stepmother and twelve-year-old Roma by the regular beatings he received from his constantly drunk father. "When it is worst, we try to make money for food by prostitution," admits thirteen-year-old Artur. The pair of Polish filmmakers in this raw and very effective documentary even succeeded in filming an incident where the police patrol beat one of the street children and smear an entire tube of glue into his hair and onto his face. It is precisely this sniffing of the glue fumes that gives these children the possibility to at least for a little while escape the unforgiving world around them. It is a life of fleeting possibilities and danger.
[Image]

[Image]

Language is in Polish

Like this post to see ed2k links  [233.47 Mb]

Hopefully these subs will contain English

Like this post to see ed2k links  [8.0 Kb]

Or UNverified ->

Like this post to see ed2k links  [229.61 Mb]

Looks very similar to Children Underground (which is Recommended, to see how some kids grow up in terrible circumstances)

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... ocumentary

Also see Born into Brothels

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... ocumentary
Rich

Re: [REL] Dzieci z Leningradzkiego (2005) [Poland]

Post by Rich »   2 likes

Rich wrote:

:eyecrazy:

what subs that's an nfo, i'm going crazy :think:

still waiting for English subs but they are underway :dance:
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

a very sad ending :(
paquini

Post by paquini »   2 likes

Rich wrote:
Rich wrote:

:eyecrazy:

what subs that's an nfo, i'm going crazy :think:

still waiting for English subs but they are underway :dance:

Try to open it with Wordpad or notepad some times are text files hidden with extension .nfo

:huh:

This is same thematic as La vendedora de Rosas from Colombia, Homeless boys and girls, falling Down to Driugs, Abuses and tragic deaths. As same as Third World supuestly advanced countries suffer the same problems of poorness and misery of marginated population, and vulnerable groups as children and adolescents living in the streets.

:(
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

The Children of Leningradsky (2005)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442947/
Pardal2008

Post by Pardal2008 »   0 likes

I'm always sad when I see kids on the street, homeless, without parents....
They are easy prey for ... :cry:
I would like to make a better world for all children, but it is a futile fight with windmills.
Who can say that the world is fair.
I love a song where the father sings his little daughter to be his little princess, that he would never leave her, that he forgives her everything, because he likes her laughter.
It is a very nice song in the Czech language.
You can listen to here xxxx://www.bomba.cz/video/jakub-smolik-rikej-mi-tato/
Pardal
All the little girls are in love only to me
David32441

Post by David32441 »   3 likes

Done a lot of improvements - almost Ghost level :)
I took the original video and converted it to uncompressed in VirtualDub. Then removed that annoying logo in the top-left corner using Virtual Dub's LogoAway plugin. It dissapears from 90% of the scenes. The translucent logo in the top right I'm less bothered with.
Then I Topaz'd it (high quality as I didn't want smearing) by 1.5x - and final encoded it in Handbrake.
Then I normalised the audio to -2Db in Audacity as it was very low in the graph, and mp3 encoded that.
Then I took the original Polish subtitles from here - https://www.opensubtitles.org/en ... and converted them to English.
I also found a version with the original audio (not the Russian over-dub) and re-synced that to the video by speed-ramping it in Audacity (by 0.02% (3.1 seconds) and removing the first 1.7 seconds from the beginning. Got the audio-sync near perfect after 2 hours of experimenting.
It's f****g freaky timing the audio to 2 clear bits of sound: 1st - the girl speaking at 2m9s, 2nd - a hammer and nails at the end!
I kept the over-dub audio as a 2nd audio track incase anyone wants the original dialogue!
I'm sharing through Mega... file is uploading!
https://mega.nz/file/dIgyFYyQ#z9gNwUPn5 ... jQSdZVX0mM
File is 397mb, 2 audio tracks, English and Polish + English SRT.
Please share into Emule ... though subject is rather depressing. I only hope that with oil money Putin has been able to eliminate child poverty on the streets of Moscow and other cities.
kal

Post by kal »   15 likes

Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you David32441. This looks to be a rough watch, I will have to give myself some time to prepare for it. I feel your pain for the audio manipulation and retiming. I was never successful attempting that sort of thing with Audacity. Hurrah!

Thank you kal for the eMule share, and congratulations on your first post!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

almost Ghost level :)
:lol:

Thanks David for your work. It really looks a lot better. :thumbsup